Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WELCOME, João Gomes!!!

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Corinthians were never in the FL or any other league. Against their principles.
Apologies! They refused to enter ‘competitions’ - but in a friendly they DID beat FA Cup winners Blackburn 8-1, so were a pretty good side! Also once provided ENTIRE England team - never been done by single club before or since.

D

Deleted member (smith)

It should have been tied up legally , to avoid this open bidding process .
I suppose I feel it’s our naïveté again. We are being played .

i don’t exactly understand what you mean ? How do you tie it up legally before contracts are signed? Ever bought a house? ….I think you are being naive not wolves. Wolves have not done anything wrong but Flamengo have reneged on an agreement that had not been legally completed which may b3 legal but hardly honourable. They were supposed to tell Lyon we are sorry but we have already accepted an offer from wolves and the legal papers are being drawn up. We will call you if it falls through.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Meet them half way, this is never going to get done unless both parties give a little bit, then as someone else suggested keep it undisclosed. It seems to me there's a stuboness from both to give a little bit, we're just as bad as them and the person who's suffering the most is Joao

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think we should go up or meet them anywhere near halfway. The originally agreed price is all we offer for me. If we up our bid they will be on the blower to Lyon and they will do likewise where does that end? If it happens fantastic if it does not then so be it but we can’t get a reputation that we will up bids as soon as a selling club moves the goalposts. **** em.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I am leaning heavily on what time the frost on my car windows disappears. If it is before noon, he has joined the Pack.
giphy.gif

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t think we should go up or meet them anywhere near halfway. The originally agreed price is all we offer for me. If we up our bid they will be on the blower to Lyon and they will do likewise where does that end? If it happens fantastic if it does not then so be it but we can’t get a reputation that we will up bids as soon as a selling club moves the goalposts. **** em.
But someone came in with a better offer afterwards so they decided to accept that instead, so we've got to improve our offer or pull out. Joao has shown great loyalty by sticking by us, we've got to the same by him by upping our offer

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But someone came in with a better offer afterwards so they decided to accept that instead, so we've got to improve our offer or pull out. Joao has shown great loyalty by sticking by us, we've got to the same by him by upping our offer
So get into a bidding war? What makes you so sure nice won't up their bid if we match or raise our offer.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
As has been said already, the Corinthians were never in the Football League, ever!
Do you think when they formed the Football League the fans of the Corinthians, Royal Engineers and Wanderers were the same as when the European Super League was announced?

We were in the original Big 6+6

Last edited:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope sorry not for me I will politely agree to disagree, we had an agreement. We stick to it or any club in the future will leak what we have offered to clubs with relations to them. Flamengo will have to do business with us if Joao stands firm and so do we. They have effectively leaked the transfer and now want us to up our bid. Same with Botman, Locadia as soon as the selling club openly instigate a bidding war stick firm or walk away. Aside from that it don’t matter what we feel the Chinese won’t be fannyed around in business it’s seen as a weakness so whilst I agree with the stance of Wolves even if I didn’t I don’t see a upping of the initial bid.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think when they formed the Football League the fans of the Corinthians, Royal Engineers and Wanderers was the same as when the European Super League was announced?

We were in the original Big 10
Do you mean the 12 founding members of the Football League? I have no idea what you mean by 'the original Big 10'.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So get into a bidding war? What makes you so sure nice won't up their bid if we match or raise our offer.
We won't know until we try, there's no point sticking by our original offer, that's been outbid it's gone, t's not fair leaving Joao in limbo, the poor kid doesn't know if he's coming or going. Surely you could put something in the contract, that the offer is only valid if it's signed

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't know until we try, there's no point sticking by our original offer, that's been outbid it's gone, t's not fair leaving Joao in limbo, the poor kid doesn't know if he's coming or going. Surely you could put something in the contract, that the offer is only valid if it's signed
Complete and utter nonsense.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he's stuck with them unless he changes his mind or we do, because it doesn't look like their going to
We won’t but they will. They have much more to lose in this. They have a player they have bought a replacement for who will be unhappy and useless to them. He could change his mind and go to Lyon of course but I wouldn’t want as a fan of Lyon a player that didn’t want to play for his new club. I do believe we hold the aces here as long as Joao holds firm.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think I see this happening if we don't match.

Unfortunate. Kid would have been a legend and sold so many shirts before even stepping on the pitch.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m genuinely surprised how angry some folk seem to be getting over this. Being gazumped in business is not a surprise. The fact they accepted a bid and then reneged on it is hardly a first in football and given how common it is in house sales there are a lot of people that would do exactly the same.

Wolves will decide what they value the player at and go from there. Whether we increase our bid or not will have zero bearing on how other clubs deal with us in the future, every transfer transaction is unique.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You haven't got a clue either, I'm just discussing way's they might be able to sort things out. If you don't like it pal don't read it

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m genuinely surprised how angry some folk seem to be getting over this. Being gazumped in business is not a surprise. The fact they accepted a bid and then reneged on it is hardly a first in football and given how common it is in house sales there are a lot of people that would do exactly the same.

Wolves will decide what they value the player at and go from there. Whether we increase our bid or not will have zero bearing on how other clubs deal with us in the future, every transfer transaction is unique.

It's all far scummier than that.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't want to get involved in a bidding war and they can eff right off if they keep upping the fee, but it's looking increasingly likely that we'll miss out on Gomes if we don't increase our bid. I would offer them £15.5m (halfway between the two bids) or add a small sell-on clause of 5-10%, make it clear that it is the final offer and must be accepted within 48 hours, or we withdraw completely. A compromise, but it still shows toughness. We are near the point where this needs to be resolved one way or another so we can take our business elsewhere if needs be.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You haven't got a clue either, I'm just discussing way's they might be able to sort things out. If you don't like it pal don't read it
Thanks for the reminder we have an ignore feature. I can see why you have the username you do.... enjoy your fairy tales.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Your drivel. You haven't got a clue what goes on between the clubs and you haven't got a clue what the player is thinking.
You haven't got a clue either, I'm just discussing ways they might be able to sort things out, if you don't like it pal don't read it

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't want to get involved in a bidding war and they can eff right off if they keep upping the fee, but it's looking increasingly likely that we'll miss out on Gomes if we don't increase our bid. I would offer them £15.5m (halfway between the two bids) or add a small sell-on clause of 5-10%, make it clear that it is the final offer and must be accepted within 48 hours, or we withdraw completely. A compromise, but it still shows toughness.
It can be but once a deal is agreed, it is agreed. The problem here is greed.
The only way I would agree to pay more is with an add on clause if the player makes 100 appearances for Brazil and scores a hat-trick in two World Cup finals.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This kids heart is set on playing in the PL I'm sure at some point he will get his wish. Wether it's playing for us or someone else he will at some point be playing at Molineux. Which ever the scenario I'm sure he will be given a hero's welcome.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It can be but once a deal is agreed, it is agreed. The problem here is greed.
The only way I would agree to pay more is with an add on clause if the player makes 100 appearances for Brazil and scores a hat-trick in two World Cup finals.
Very generous of you I wouldn’t give them the drippings off the end of my nose scummy *******

Back
Top Bottom