Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Welcome Gary

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how Martin O’Neil walked out on the Villa on the eve of the season all those years ago and now his son walks into Wolves years later, the circle of like I suppose.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume that not only us - Wolves fans - that feel shell shocked, but imagine the players, some of them do not as yet understand and speak English. Only God knows how this saga would turn up in the coming season, Wolves may finish relegated or may be able to obtain a middle of the table post. Who knows, will be clearer when at least the first 10 matches are played. We are forced to wait, but Fosum has let us down and should sell the club, the fair play issue was an excuse for me.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It can't in any way be compared to when TC was appointed.

GON has at least managed in the top flight, acheived what has to be seen as success and wants to be a manager.

TC was a coach without any leadership aspirations or ability. Furthermore this squad is decent, and Micks old squad were totally finished and only heading one way. Most of them were not PL players.

I suspect your comments are born of frustration and dissappointment, which is understandable. But you do not know how this is going to end. Give it a chance.
Appreciate the calm response NW but its as the old saying goes
"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" This for me is that

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
In that article hobbs says "The detail he showed with his tactical work, including against us last year, gives you confidence about the work he and his staff put into every game". What ****ing tactical work did he show against us last year??? 30% possession and 1 shot on target for a smash and grab win? It was a pathetic performance from them and it's only because of our awful finishing that we didn't manage to get anything from the game.

He also says "Part of our decision was if he fits to our squad, because we don’t want to rebuild a squad, we want to keep our principles going forward now". His style of football that he played with bournemouth is nothing like what we were playing under JL during pre season. I like hobbs but he's speaking some utter bs

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of nonsense...

"His attention to detail, thoroughness and history of developing players impressed us – he’s worked with both young and experienced players and understands the process."

That goes for just about every elite coach..

"Part of our decision was if he fits to our squad, because we don’t want to rebuild a squad, we want to keep our principles going forward now, so we can have a long-term strategy.”"

What are those principles? And long term strategy? Give me a break...

"“If I have a message for our supporters, it would be that it’s OK to feel sad and disappointed about Julen’s departure, but at the same time it’s OK to be optimistic because I genuinely feel this is an exciting and progressive appointment for the club.”

No it really isnt...
It's a cheap regressive appointment.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somone has dropped a boob there on the contract ..........it was supposed to have months not years.
Depnds on how much he is on, low basic vs very high bonuses. Bonuses not counting towards severance.

We do not know; could be really astute.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
"Hobbs has spent the past ten days searching for Julen Lopetegui’s successor"

"Hobbs and Wolves pride themselves on the due diligence put in ahead of any potential new arrival"

**** off.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Not a single first team player has like the post announcing him lol.

from the hobbs article...

“When a manager comes into a playing group, you need their buy in, and in the past maybe that would have been harder, but the leadership group we’ve got have done a great job of managing the dressing room and keeping it upbeat. It’s as good an atmosphere as I’ve known since I’ve been at the club.

“The leadership group will embrace and support the manager and help get his message across. I don’t have a single worry about that and I’ve been talking to some players during the process, to make sure they’re in the loop. Everyone trusts in the club and the process we’ve been through, so we’re excited to work with him.”

and again **** off.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You did see the standard of football they played didn’t you. Their fans couldn’t wait to get rid. Read the message boards
Okay, I entirely except Bournemouth will be pushing for Europe this year with free-flowing attacking possession based football scoring hat fulls of goals. But we have to cut our cloth.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again highlights the stupidity of the people who run this club. GON would have accepted a 12 month rolling contract.

We now will have to pay up the remainder of his contact in November.
And his backroom staff

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To all the people who have been critical of Mendes and his influence at the club.....Hobbs and his ideas with O'Neil etc are about as realistic as the club could be without Mendes

You can't have it both ways. . .let's hope he does a decent job .... Welcome Gary ....

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Appreciate the calm response NW but its as the old saying goes
"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" This for me is that
You are right to respect our history and to remember it. I go back to the tripple relegation and Div 4.

I just don't think the comparism is relevant because so much of the circumastances are different.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seriously just stop! The club need to stop insulting fans intelligence by making out this is anything but a cheap, disastrous appointment! Utterly pathetic.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To all the people who have been critical of Mendes and his influence at the club.....Hobbs and his ideas with O'Neil etc are about as realistic as the club could be without Mendes

You can't have it both ways. . .let's hope he does a decent job .... Welcome Gary ....
Yes - it’s the most Wolverhampton-y behaviour for a while.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In that article hobbs says "The detail he showed with his tactical work, including against us last year, gives you confidence about the work he and his staff put into every game". What ****ing tactical work did he show against us last year??? 30% possession and 1 shot on target for a smash and grab win? It was a pathetic performance from them and it's only because of our awful finishing that we didn't manage to get anything from the game.

He also says "Part of our decision was if he fits to our squad, because we don’t want to rebuild a squad, we want to keep our principles going forward now". His style of football that he played with bournemouth is nothing like what we were playing under JL during pre season. I like hobbs but he's speaking some utter bs

I have to admit I wasn’t at the game, my newborn had arrived just a few weeks before so I wasn’t getting up to Molineux.

But I distinctly remember watching Soccer Saturday and Matt Murray doing the commentary (nice and biased) - throughout he was saying Wolves were all over Bournemouth and finishing was terrible. As the game wore on he said something like “this has got the feeling of Bournemouth creating a chance out of nothing and nicking this”… cut to him 5 mins later head in his hands and low and behold that’s what happened.

If mustering up 1 shot against a relegation threatened Wolves is Hobbs’ idea of tactical nous then I’m even more worried than I was before.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saying that Hobbs wanted a fresh approach with a young English coach is simply justifying a narrow search of young, unattached, English and low cost.
This!
Bringing nationality into it really stinks for me.
Why does it matter, what nationality our coach is?
And no I'm obviously not implying anything racist. Clearly that's not the case. It just seems like such an odd criteria.
I thought was just as big a problem when we seemingly only looked at Portugese managers.

kinyo298

Reaction score
With the restrainsts we have i can only see a return to the Championship within a couple of seasons.I did not expect to say that after our European adventure.I thought we would stay in the Premiership for the foreseeable.

Reaction score
Look, he's a decent bloke and it wouldn't surprise me if he kept you up. Good luck Gary, and thanks for last season. Feels like a very football thing that we go down under the new guy and whilst you thrive with him. And yet, I still wouldn't want him in charge of us. Make of that what you will.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This!
Bringing nationality into it really stinks for me.
Why does it matter, what nationality our coach is?
And no I'm obviously not implying anything racist. Clearly that's not the case. It just seems like such an odd criteria.
I thought was just as big a problem when we seemingly only looked at Portugese managers.
With the current squad we have I really believe a Spanish or Portuguese speaking coach makes sense even if only on the backroom staff, but nothing makes sense to me at the moment. Then again Beale would have been here last season if he had said yes so it is clearly the direction Hobbs wants to go with.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Hobbs 3 Weeks Ago:-
“We’re very busy, very proactive in trying to bring some players in and trying to move on some players for who it’s time for new opportunities. We need to be in a profit, so this transfer window we have to be realistic, it’s not a simple one for us. It’s a natural transition for the group, some players are coming to the end of their cycle with us, but we’re still active, trying to improve. We’re trying to get the balance of the squad right, both in makeup of age and personality – one the fans can get behind and one Julen is excited by and believes in.”

Hobbs Today:-
“He showed good knowledge of our squad and how it works within his principles. Like any new manager, it’ll take time to get used to the players and understand them, not only on a tactical level. Part of our decision was if he fits to our squad, because we don’t want to rebuild a squad, we want to keep our principles going forward now, so we can have a long-term strategy.”

Had high hopes for the guy but looks to be just another Jeff Shi puppet.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not sure how to feel after reading that

Same. There's some bits in there that I don't get or agree with whatsoever. I think, based on Hobbs communication previously and the work in January, I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and trust him.

I just can't help feel this is just an appointment on the cheap.

And his backroom staff

Good job there's not a lot of them based on what Hobbs has said, which does make me wonder, are we going to be hiring our "own" staff?

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
The backroom staff are very highly thought of, I'm hoping we are all pleasantly surprised!

Ten quid on Wolves to win Monday too :)

Back
Top Bottom