Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’re going down

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We messed up the window and we’re going down.

We’ve not built on 18/19, we’ve tried to stand still and now we’re finding out why that’s an awful strategy.

We were on the cusp of the champions league and we’ve ****ed it all away.

That is all I have to say on the matter. I’m going to the pub.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fortunately, the likes of Norwich, Burnley and Newcastle are in the league.

We'll have enough I think, but the revolution under Lage has certainly been half-baked following a poor transfer window.

We had to get more from those first 3 games when we played great though. Now it seems like we are playing catch up already.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We messed up the window and we’re going down.

We’ve not built on 18/19, we’ve tried to stand still and now we’re finding out why that’s an awful strategy.

We were on the cusp of the champions league and we’ve ****ed it all away.

That is all I have to say on the matter. I’m going to the pub.
We weren't remotely close to the Champions League. Probably 3 £50M players away.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve scored two goals in five games, one was an own goal and the other was from one yard out. We’ve lost four out of five games. Too early to say “we’re going down” but it’s a real possibility, we are one of the favourites.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could go down, but it would take another completely abject, Jeff Shi-type of January transfer window to truly seal it.

Then in the Championship we can get Stale back...

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that Raul comes good, Wan looks decent and perhaps needs to start. Hope that we get some funds in January.
Its the hope that will kill us.

I really fear Raul is done at this level. We may get punished for having too much sentiment and not being ruthless when it mattered (see Coady, Mouts, Raul, Adama, Saiss, possibly Kilman).

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Too early to say we are going down, but certainly plenty of cause for concern.

Agreed. Can't lose sight of the fact that we've outplayed United and Spurs, which is more than teams like Norwich, Newcastle and Watford can say. We'd be arrogant to assume we're automatically staying up, but we're not at the point where I think we're automatically in a relegation scrap.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Can't lose sight of the fact that we've outplayed United and Spurs, which is more than teams like Norwich, Newcastle and Watford can say. We'd be arrogant to assume we're automatically staying up, but we're not at the point where I think we're automatically in a relegation scrap.

we always had the occasional abysmal performance even in the Nuno great seasons (Huddersfield/Cardiff/Brighton) but it never became a habit until lat season

hopefully Bruno can get us past this performance

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously it's far too early to be declaring we will be relegated. But the lack of goals throughout the pitch is a huge cause for concern, especially with no transfer options until January (that Shi would squander anyway). For all our enterprising play, the team will lose heart if there is no cutting edge at the end of it.

Forza Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Obviously it's far too early to be declaring we will be relegated. But the lack of goals throughout the pitch is a huge cause for concern, especially with no transfer options until January (that Shi would squander anyway). For all our enterprising play, the team will lose heart if there is no cutting edge at the end of it.

Let's be honest, January means January 31st and last minute scrambles

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
Quite rightly on a message board there is a range of opinions after today’s shambles…….and let’s be fair that’s exactly what it was.
But what is the single most important factor in our shocking start to the season is lack of squad depth. Lack of options to step it up when we’re behind or chasing the game. We’re paying the price now for 3 (arguably 4) poor transfer windows that haven’t addressed the needs of the team.

Systems and management don’t win matches, players do and it’s quite clear Raul is not the player he once was (take the sentiment out of it, he had been nothing more than below average these first 5 games), Kilman and Saiss both schoolboy defending for the second & Marcal simply could not deal with Toney on set pieces. Basics!

We couldn’t muster a save from their keeper in the second half against ten men. And we were lucky not to be 4 down by half time.

We don’t have the stomach for a relegation battle, but that is exactly where we are headed! Saints & Newcastle are pivotal games……..get 6 points and that’s not a bad start to the season, get less than that and I’m sorry but the panic button needs to be pressed. 2 goals in 5 games is worrying, very worrying.

Back
Top Bottom