Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’re going down

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the season we were relegated from the Champ, 2012-13, our record after 10 games was won 6 drawn 1, lost 3, 19 points and in 3rd position in the league. Things can change quite quickly.
Then Peszko got injured.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the season we were relegated from the Champ, 2012-13, our record after 10 games was won 6 drawn 1, lost 3, 19 points and in 3rd position in the league. Things can change quite quickly.

So a lot better than Villa's current record? Here's hoping... :D

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I think given the uncertainty that comes with a new manager coming in, the lack of activity in the transfer market and our poor start in terms of points gained it was completely justified that people feared the worst. I did as well.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a team has changed manager, not recruited well and gone down (we've done it before)

Fortunately it seems that we've turned it around but it won't take much given our December fixtures to drop back down into the mid or lower half of the table.

I think people criticising others now for posts earlier in the season need to get their glasses checked, a little bit too rose tinted for me!
Absolutely spot on.
And given that our style of football is pretty much the same as last year it is mandatory for us to finish higher than 13th.
Anything less will be a backward step. Literally.

It’s looking good at the moment and long may it continue - I’m praying we don’t lose neves to a long term injury.

There are a lot of cracks that have been papered over by this good run of form…

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely spot on.
And given that our style of football is pretty much the same as last year it is mandatory for us to finish higher than 13th.
Anything less will be a backward step. Literally.

It’s looking good at the moment and long may it continue - I’m praying we don’t lose neves to a long term injury.

There are a lot of cracks that have been papered over by this good run of form…
Our style of play, in terms of being higher up the pitch, has been noticeably different on several occasions this season, the first half against Everton and West Ham on Saturday are the most recent examples.

Neves has looked a different player now he’s not holding hands with the back 3.

Do you disagree?

Last edited:

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hands up, I'm one of the ones that thought we'd really struggle this season - like many (I suspect) I usually prefer to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised, rather than the other way around (I think it's the Wolves way tbh - expecting the worst etc).

It was a combination of things really - Nuno going to Spurs (which looked like a good move early days), us not strengthening the squad where it needed (and still needs), Bruno being a complete unknown, and what appeared to be a general decline in comms between club and fans.

Obviously, in hindsight, Nuno ended up having a mare at Spurs and Bruno has done really well. Plus Jimenez has come back like his old self and other players like Neves, Kilman, Moutinho, Hwang, Semedo, RAN, Sa, Podence etc are playing really well.

So all in all, things have worked out a lot better than I'd dreaded early doors (other than for Nuno, who I wish the best for). Saying that, the issue of strengthening the squad in key positions still remains (hopefully to be addressed in Jan), as do some concerns regarding the club management team (general club comms, need for experienced director of football?)...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hands up, I'm one of the ones that thought we'd really struggle this season - like many (I suspect) I usually prefer to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised, rather than the other way around (I think it's the Wolves way tbh - expecting the worst etc).

It was a combination of things really - Nuno going to Spurs (which looked like a good move early days), us not strengthening the squad where it needed (and still needs), Bruno being a complete unknown, and what appeared to be a general decline in comms between club and fans.

Obviously, in hindsight, Nuno ended up having a mare at Spurs and Bruno has done really well. Plus Jimenez has come back like his old self and other players like Neves, Kilman, Moutinho, Hwang, Semedo, RAN, Sa, Podence etc are playing really well.

So all in all, things have worked out a lot better than I'd dreaded early doors (other than for Nuno, who I wish the best for). Saying that, the issue of strengthening the squad in key positions still remains (hopefully to be addressed in Jan), as do some concerns regarding the club management team (general club comms, need for experienced director of football?)...
Brilliant summary

Longmyndwolf

Reaction score

That's fair enough Ches, but since Fosun have taken over Wolves really are different gravy. Romped the Championship, followed by 2 successive 7th places, did well in Europe and nearly made the FA Cup final. OK a dip last year for reasons that we are all aware of and currently sitting in 6th. Some on here and other forums were even talking about relegation this season, seriously? Hopefully, we might get a couple of players in this January, but will probably sell Traore, but if the end result is a stronger more balanced 'first team' that's OK imo.
I think thing's were going stale under Nuno so Fosun reacted and as you pointed out certain players seem re-energised, eg Moutinho and Neves, by Lage's tactics.
I just think we should forget what's gone before, celebrate what we've got, stop reacting to our rivals woes with comments that imply 'but for the grace of God go I' as the last 4 years have demonstrated where Wolves are, imo an upper top half Premier League side.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our style of play, in terms of being higher up the pitch, has been noticeably different on several occasions this season, the first half against Everton and West Ham on Saturday are the most recent examples.

Do you disagree?
I see it the same as you. Many can't look past the formation and players being the same though, they can't fathom how it could possibly be any different when it is. Not massively but definitely more positive than last season.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Do you disagree?
No I don’t disagree.

Back
Top Bottom