Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Way too much of Ipswich Town

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a Sky TV thing but almost every time a Championship game is shown here in Bulgaria it appears to involve Ipswich Town. Again yesterday evening - when I know they were featured on Sky - we were treated to their game against Bournemouth. I know I did see the Derby County match, again featured on Sky and I expect to see the game against Ipswich but can anyone tell me what is their appeal to Sky? I would have thought that Derby, Watford, Wolves and Boro are as big if not bigger clubs with a wider fan base.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I'm guessing this is a Sky TV thing but almost every time a Championship game is shown here in Bulgaria it appears to involve Ipswich Town. Again yesterday evening - when I know they were featured on Sky - we were treated to their game against Bournemouth. I know I did see the Derby County match, again featured on Sky and I expect to see the game against Ipswich but can anyone tell me what is their appeal to Sky? I would have thought that Derby, Watford, Wolves and Boro are as big if not bigger clubs with a wider fan base.

It's a Mick thing ;)

W

WasStefan

All championship teams have to been shown x amount of times. Generally Leeds get the most coverage for obvious reasons.

S

SouthwesternWolf

We've had our fair share this season. Sky coverage, for me, generally messes up the day, but obviously if you live further away it's appreciated

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately too many of the Wolves games have clashed with big Premiership games which have got preference of the local channels here.

E

Essex Wolf

Stop your bleating WIL. :D

I live in a part of the country where the Tractor Boys crawl from under their hay bales as soon as they see they're safe from the drop. This season there are suddenly a few more blue tops, mostly with Fisons on them, and the way some blather on you'd think they were already promoted.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep ... Ipswich were on in Vietnam for the second week in a row. Luckily our game against Leeds is on live after Bees Forest on Monday nite.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
There's probably still a big demand in the Bulgarian market for the silky skills of Kevin (Iron) Bru.

Viewing figures for football are down 46% since he left Levski Sofia to join the Tractor Boys in that ill-fated Summer of 2014.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting watching the game yesterday, whilst B'mouth played all the football the Comms comments about Ipswich were all to do with endeavor and hard work which took me right back!!!!

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which means it could be on here too Vietnam. I could be glued to my TV for a few hours on Monday evening then.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ipswich are probably a big draw in Bulgaria in part due to their association with Bontcho Guentchev a few years back...also living in the area I've noticed the sheep bleating on a bit too much lately...hope we can bring them down a peg or two on the 18th...getting nervous for that one alright !

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say that Ipswich are bigger than Watford, and similar size to Boro. Smaller than Wolves and Derby though IMO.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top 8 clubs by TV coverage (Sky and overseas):

Derby 16
Ipswich 14
Watford 13
Middlesbrough 12
Bournemouth, Wolves 11
Norwich 10
Brentford 9

S

Sandwell Wolf

Interesting watching the game yesterday, whilst B'mouth played all the football the Comms comments about Ipswich were all to do with endeavor and hard work which took me right back!!!!

Superb football from Bournemouth for their equaliser by the magical, total-footballing flair player that is Kenwyne Jones.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb football from Bournemouth for their equaliser by the magical, total-footballing flair player that is Kenwyne Jones.

Bournemouth were below par and their football wasn't working, so Howe switched to plan B, I love it when Mick switches to his plan B and his teams play like Barcelona

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Wagstaff Was Magic is a controller at SKY and picks the games:D

E

Essex Wolf

Ipswich are probably a big draw in Bulgaria in part due to their association with Bontcho Guentchev a few years back...also living in the area I've noticed the sheep bleating on a bit too much lately...hope we can bring them down a peg or two on the 18th...getting nervous for that one alright !

Lee, there's a very good reason I believe as to why those sheep are bleating as well mate.

When the Ipswich fans are happy they like to spread their happiness.:D

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bigger than Brentford by a long way no doubt and bigger than Watford as well but no so sure about Boro.

What have Boro ever achieved, compared to Ipswich in the seventies league title, Europeans etc

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boro do have an unenviable reputation, they've won even less than Blues.

E

Essex Wolf

What have Boro ever achieved, compared to Ipswich in the seventies league title, Europeans etc

Fully agree on that issue EC. I thought it was more aimed at more recent times. Boro being in the PL not so long ago where they used to get decent gates etc.

This is the same argument I have about Wolves and dirty Leeds. Compare Leeds history to Wolves and Wolves are the bigger club.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They never won the title, they finished 2nd twice. 1 FA Cup and 1 UEFA cup.

Boro won a League cup, lost an FA cup and a UEFA cup.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BlahBlah Ipswich have won the title, admittedly back in the '60's. It was most likely that success that resulted in Alf Ramsey being appointed English manager. If I'm not mistaken, they won the title in their first season in the old 1st. division.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BlahBlah Ipswich have won the title, admittedly back in the '60's. It was most likely that success that resulted in Alf Ramsey being appointed English manager. If I'm not mistaken, they won the title in their first season in the old 1st. division.

Yep i know. I think he was referring to the Muhren/Thijsen years in the late 70's/early 80's.
They were very good but Villa pipped them one year and Liverpool the other? Or Forest?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incidentally, Frans Thijssen turned up here a few months ago, managing Brisbane Roar. Got no idea where he's been for the last 30 years !

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah the age of romance BlahBlah when the league could be won by clubs who didn't have hundreds of millions of £'s to squander and the biggest head around was that of Brian Clough, who if anyone deserved to have such a head he did, given his achievements.

Back
Top Bottom