Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WATFORD V WOLVES SCORE PREDICTION

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Erm....who is this Mr Miami chap?

lol...”if Watford are called the Hornets, why have they got a moose’s head on their badge. Is their mascot, Rocky from Rocky and Bullwinkle?”
If I hear nothing else that’s funny today, that’ll do me! :tearsofjoy:
He likes his food doesn't he. Is this a typical away day for Wolves fans, I can happily say that it bears absolutely no resemblance to mine!

I love the moose thing though, I'll definitely be trying to shoehorn that into the conversation in the pub tonight with the local Watford fans, hopefully one will be wearing gear with the badge on. Just looked up the Rocky and Bullwinkle reference and that's a great one but I can't see it registering with anyone I know unless they have young kids. Will probably bring it up at the end of the night when I've had too many for it to all fall flat.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
He likes his food doesn't he. Is this a typical away day for Wolves fans, I can happily say that it bears absolutely no resemblance to mine!

I love the moose thing though, I'll definitely be trying to shoehorn that into the conversation in the pub tonight with the local Watford fans, hopefully one will be wearing gear with the badge on. Just looked up the Rocky and Bullwinkle reference and that's a great one but I can't see it registering with anyone I know unless they have young kids. Will probably bring it up at the end of the night when I've had too many for it to all fall flat.
Ha that made me laugh too. I googled the moose/hornet thing and the answer is that the moose is actually a Hart, which is a male dear, and represents Hertfordshire county. The nickname of the Hornets because they play in yellow and black. Yes that Mr Miami fella certainly likes his grub!

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ha that made me laugh too. I googled the moose/hornet thing and the answer is that the moose is actually a Hart, which is a male dear, and represents Hertfordshire county. The nickname of the Hornets because they play in yellow and black. Yes that Mr Miami fella certainly likes his grub!
I presumed it was a hart but those antlers, definitely more moose or elk-like than deer. There’s an old county map on the wall in the local which refers to the county as Hartfordshire rather than Hertfordshire which better reflects the link to the hart. Presumably they changed the spelling over time.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
I think we'll break our duck here and smash 'em! Watford 0 The Mighty Wanderers 3 ..... Jimenez, Podence & Neves.

kinyo298

Reaction score
Lots of attacking football from both sides.I expect a 1v1 draw.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Instinct and head say different. Trying to see it as a neutral, we've played really well - at the top end of the table for creating chances and also our (much maligned) defence has given away few chances. However, we just can't score! While Watford started like a train , they haven't scored since going 3-0 against Vile. They don't look like they have many goals in them, either. Luck balances out and we have had some rotten luck too. Given all that, "The head says 0-1"

..however, I hate tempting fate and just know if I predict that, then it won't happen. I think the team are seriously edgy and lacking composure in front of goal, which is turning into a vicious spiral. Watford home advantage, too. So I just have this feeling we will be disappointed again, 2-0 to Watford. Don't worry, we'll grab a point against Brentford though. :)

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will we see the same energy of the games against the big boys? The next 4 are the bread n butter of staying in this league. We need to get those goals and ruffle the feathers of our rivals up the table.
I'm optimistic 2-1 to the good guys.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've backed Wolves to score 4 or more (technically 'any other away win on Betfair correct score) @ 24/1

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the way we have played in our first three games it is only a matter of time before we hammer someone, maybe tomorrow? I fancy a comfortable 3-1 win for us.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero confidence as far as goal scoring is concerned.
Watford 2 Wolves 0

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we'll finally put the ball in the net, but won't get our first win - thinking 1-1 draw. However, if Jimenez and/or Traore have their shooting boots on who knows...! Hopefully Moutinho isn't too knackered after the internationals.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
This is a must win game already isn’t it?

Watford 1-3 Wolves

Reaction score
I think today will be the day the floodgates open. You can easily point at the prior zero goals but if not for Wan Bisakka sliding in and De Gea making a good save from Saiss it'd have been 2 comfortably against a strong United side.

Watford 1 - Wolves 4

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
One brick in the wall at a time -
Score a goal
Score first
Get a positive result
PLEASE !!!!!

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can play the way we have in the first 3 games and convert our chances we will take it out 3-1.
If we dont take our chances 1-0 to them

Back
Top Bottom