Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Watford game postponed?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Wolves probably jumped at the chance to call it off anyway...means we haven't got to manage 3 games in quick succession with all what's going on.....it's more than likely the games at arsenal and man utd will go ahead, the only debate is fans in attendance.........it's disappointing as we all wanted to go on boxing day but from a squad point of view 1 less fixture is definitely more beneficial.....
I doubt we had any say at all, we certainly shouldn't have.

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
Gutted, love to go to the game on a Boxing Day

Out of interest, and not just Wolves, If other games get postponed and there is an opponent who can play and we are say due to play them later in the season at home, can the fixture not be swapped? Makes more sense to just swap the fixtures around to avoid backlogs of games

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yes this is a good way to put it. Seems like our players have done what is asked by getting the vaccine and there’s no real reward to it. Frustrating that our boys are all set and ready to play and the opposition aren’t, but there we go.
Hopefully for the 28th when you need Noddy!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t this the 3rd game Watford have had called off? There’s going to come a point where they start forfeiting games if they can’t control their staff.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t this the 3rd game Watford have had called off? There’s going to come a point where they start forfeiting games if they can’t control their staff.

The problem with Watford seems to be that they have a very low percentage of players vaccinated, so while they don't have that many Covid-19 cases, everyone not vaccinated that's a 'close contact' also needs to isolate.

They're fully expected to play on 28th when most of their players can come out of isolation.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
They’ll struggle to fit all the rearranged games in. Like I say it’s very frustrating that our players and squad have done what’s been asked and are ready to play, the opposition haven’t yet nothing seems to be done.

Reactions: Ned

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes this is a good way to put it. Seems like our players have done what is asked by getting the vaccine and there’s no real reward to it. Frustrating that our boys are all set and ready to play and the opposition aren’t, but there we go.
The game is part of the job. The ‘reward’ you speak of is being a decent person in trying to protect yourself and others, surely?

I really don’t want to sound like I’m singling you out or having a go (I'm not) as if we’d have played a weakened side, we’d have almost certainly turned them over. I get that.

I’m just not sure a “reward” for being vaccinated and a football match really belong in the same sentence.

We’re all Wolves… we’re way above all that!

JadeWolf

Reaction score
The game is part of the job. The ‘reward’ you speak of is being a decent person in trying to protect yourself and others, surely?

I really don’t want to sound like I’m singling you out or having a go (I'm not) as if we’d have played a weakened side, we’d have almost certainly turned them over. I get that.

I’m just not sure a “reward” for being vaccinated and a football match really belong in the same sentence.

We’re all Wolves… we’re way above all that!
I know what you mean. Reward maybe ain’t the best word but it’s frustrating that our team doesn’t get to play because the opposition haven’t done what they’re being encouraged to.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like we're getting done because Watford have unvaccinated players as Premier League confirm that they're expected to be able to play against West Ham two days later as many are out of isolation and had heard they were in this position. Not right.
Spot on. They should forfeit and we should be awarded the win.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
What really ****es me of is the statements, saying "we have no choice due to the amount of players missing due to covid, ILLNESS and INJURY."

Haven't teams always played with players missing due to illness and injuries?
Agree with this too. Maybe teams should be more open about how many injuries and how many covid.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Watford seems to be that they have a very low percentage of players vaccinated, so while they don't have that many Covid-19 cases, everyone not vaccinated that's a 'close contact' also needs to isolate.

They're fully expected to play on 28th when most of their players can come out of isolation.
That’s 100% their own fault then, surely? If they can’t get their players to get vaccinated and then their players have to isolate as a direct result of that (putting actually having Covid to one side) then it’s tough **** for them. They’ve not done everything they can, we have.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ll struggle to fit all the rearranged games in. Like I say it’s very frustrating that our players and squad have done what’s been asked and are ready to play, the opposition haven’t yet nothing seems to be done.
It’s not right. Watford may not have the actual Covid cases but their players have to isolate as a direct result of not getting vaccinated. They should be forced to play their youth team against us as it seems to be punishing the actual responsible clubs with responsible players in the same way.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this too. Maybe teams should be more open about how many injuries and how many covid.
Should be made to confirm the type of injury too, players carry injuries all the time, is this just a ploy to get those with niggles upto speed and give them a better chance of success?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting the ins and outs of vaccinated players and Watford controlling their staff to one side, and the disappointment of no Boxing Day football… this is a good thing

For once we’ve not been stitched up by the Xmas fixtures and we will be in better shape than Arsenal for that game

Won’t be hard to fit in the Watford game to our schedule and will give us another advantage over them as they will have a shed load to play later on

From a pure results perspective this is a good postponement

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Should be made to confirm the type of injury too, players carry injuries all the time, is this just a ploy to get those with niggles upto speed and give them a better chance of success?
This is what I was thinking. If you’ve got say 4 players out with Covid then another 5 or 6 injured or carrying knocks, suddenly you can say “well we have 10 players out, can we call the game off”.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting the ins and outs of vaccinated players and Watford controlling their staff to one side, and the disappointment of no Boxing Day football… this is a good thing

For once we’ve not been stitched up by the Xmas fixtures and we will be in better shape than Arsenal for that game

Won’t be hard to fit in the Watford game to our schedule and will give us another advantage over them as they will have a shed load to play later on

From a pure results perspective this is a good postponement
I’m the same. I’m angry and not angry at the same time, somehow.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure Watford will lodge a complaint to the league in the midst of their crazily scheduled relegation battle when they’re struggling for fit players.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Reward maybe ain’t the best word but it’s frustrating that our team doesn’t get to play because the opposition haven’t done what they’re being encouraged to.
Definitely.. but no one wants to catch this bloody thing, I’m sure. I hope everyone’s (our boys, especially) OK! :)

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it not that barely any of their squad are vaccinated? Therefore they’re all isolating (from each other).

And that’s why they can still play West Ham two days later.
Perhaps they should forfeit the game?

In the loan thread it was pointed out that in Scotland, St Mirren were forced to play with U18s etc. Watford should have been forced to do the same, or forfeit.

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many years ago (1962!) our home Christmas game v the Albion was snowed off at half time with us leading 2-0. Lots of gleeful ****e fans streamed out of Molineux, thinking they had got out of jail. They wor smiling a few months later when the abandoned game was replayed -- we beat them 7-0! Here's hoping we do something similar to Watford

Wandering_Wolf93

Reaction score
Not being vaccinated might not necessarily be the issue. Wasn't the latest guidance that even those who are vaccinated but are close contacts of a positive omicron case need to isolate? I'm not saying that is the case with Watford but unless they come out and openly say who what and why, we will never really know.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being vaccinated might not necessarily be the issue. Wasn't the latest guidance that even those who are vaccinated but are close contacts of a positive omicron case need to isolate? I'm not saying that is the case with Watford but unless they come out and openly say who what and why, we will never really know.
No just need to do a lateral flow each day which they do anyway

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Half of Boxing Day's fixture list have already been wiped out & it only Thursday. Shouldn't common sense dictate a complete football closure for 2/3 weeks? Gives time for the scientists (or whoever) and individual clubs to sort vaccinations problems. The best thing would be the abandonment of the WC. I write that as a Welshman who have a fair chance of qualification for first time in 250 years! But money talks. It always has.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half of Boxing Day's fixture list have already been wiped out & it only Thursday. Shouldn't common sense dictate a complete football closure for 2/3 weeks? Gives time for the scientists (or whoever) and individual clubs to sort vaccinations problems. The best thing would be the abandonment of the WC. I write that as a Welshman who have a fair chance of qualification for first time in 250 years! But money talks. It always has.
Problem with abandoning the WC is that the fifa officials will be expected to pay their bribes back.

Reaction score
I was not able to attend the Watford game so resold my ticket back, according to club statement tickets for rearranged matches will be valid. I can probably attend the rearranged fixture date.....so what happens in this situation ?!?!

If they prevent me attending the rearranged game last time I will ever resell back to club !
I have emailed fan services and got the response below

We are just awaiting an update from our Ticket Office regarding any tickets resold, we await further information from the team there.

I had a look and there is no terms and conditions policy in terms of resell when a postponement occurs. That to me seems a bit of a silly thing not to have, so no idea what they are going to do. I have resold in the past and think if I can’t go may as well let someone else not fortunate to go every week can go. I resold it before all the prem postponements had started. If there was a clear policy around it I know my decision would be impacted by it.

Sadly I can’t see them refunding full price tickets to give season ticket holders 50% back in club credit. But then where does that sit in terms of fulfilling the contract for the ticket.

It is a messy situation for the club and fear there will be only losers !

Lycaon

Reaction score
It beggars belief that a team whose players choose to remain unvacinated in the middle of a pandemic can simply get the game called off! Play the U23s or accept a huge fine for your irresponsible behaviour.
Thing is though, how do we know the U23 squads of any team are not affected with COVID? Not sure how much contact they have with the senior squads but that could be somewhat irrelevant?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It beggars belief that a team whose players choose to remain unvacinated in the middle of a pandemic can simply get the game called off! Play the U23s or accept a huge fine for your irresponsible behaviour.
Or forfeit the points.

Last edited:

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed, if clubs can't control their staff then they should be forfeiting the games. If they're going to be irresponsible they should be punished.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Half? Only 2 out of the 8 scheduled Premier League Boxing Day fixtures have been postponed so far.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And the ridiculous nature of it is, they come out of isolation and they then get a couple more cases and then they are back into isolation - how long do they allow it.

Greasy and Foden out on the ****? How many others?

i’m in the camp of, if you don’t control things, don’t have adequate measures then anyone not fielding a team should forfeit 3-0 loss.

annoyed me Tuchel whining about coaches and meals.
they can’t hire 2 coaches and spread out?
They can’t eat in larger separate rooms?
closing training grounds? Why? Every other business in this country has cleaning protocols in place and deep clean/fog after cases, how is a football training ground any different

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree with this. Award us a 5-0 win please! Great for our goal difference.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with this. Award us a 5-0 win please! Great for our goal difference.

"Wolves' top scorer for the 21-2022 season was [forfeited goal], followed closely by [own goal]"

But that doesn't solve the tv committments.

Take it out of Watford's TV rights revenue. They'll quickly start sorting themselves out when they start losing points and money.

Back
Top Bottom