Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Watford game postponed?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Had a text from a Watford-supporting friend…

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Yeah I posted on another thread but my mate says all Wolves players/staff have been told too.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im hearing this story too.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Yeah I posted on another thread but my mate says all Wolves players/staff have been told too.

Thanks Jade. I hadn’t seen anything else anywhere so was a bit surprised to get the text.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2022.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Thanks Jade. I hadn’t seen anything else anywhere so was a bit surprised to get the text.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2022.
You too Tringy! x

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
CONFIRMED - due to rising case numbers in The Hornets squad.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it not that barely any of their squad are vaccinated? Therefore they’re all isolating (from each other).

And that’s why they can still play West Ham two days later.

Last edited:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'd have been able to play last week and Boxing Day if a decent amount of their players were vaccinated which would mean they didn't have to isolate. A shambles all round for them lot.

But hopefully enough games survive for TV/MOTD purposes. With us due to play two days later anyway, doesn't feel too bad.

Reaction score
I was not able to attend the Watford game so resold my ticket back, according to club statement tickets for rearranged matches will be valid. I can probably attend the rearranged fixture date.....so what happens in this situation ?!?!

If they prevent me attending the rearranged game last time I will ever resell back to club !

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was not able to attend the Watford game so resold my ticket back, according to club statement tickets for rearranged matches will be valid. I can probably attend the rearranged fixture date.....so what happens in this situation ?!?!

If they prevent me attending the rearranged game last time I will ever resell back to club !
I'm in the same position but suspect if the seat's been resold they will have to honour that ticket

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Liverpool - Leeds game off too.

Great result for the visitors that!

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it's not right!
Do they have a U23's, U21's Youth team.. Any of them available you play the game.
Sorry but it's just does not sit right with me, not like we've only just heard about COVID and did not know how to work with.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score

It seems fair to me that the person who bought your seat will still get to go to the match. It might be that you get a seat elsewhere. It's obviously unprecedented so not sure what the policy will be. You're best to contact the ticket office.
Hard to get angsty with the club over this situation though.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is going to be a chilling in the house sort of Xmas.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems fair to me that the person who bought your seat will still get to go to the match. It might be that you get a seat elsewhere. It's obviously unprecedented so not sure what the policy will be. You're best to contact the ticket office.
Hard to get angsty with the club over this situation though.
If it’s your season ticket, you should have the right to the seat for the rearranged date - prticualy since they only give you 50% of the money they sell it for

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Sounds like we're getting done because Watford have unvaccinated players as Premier League confirm that they're expected to be able to play against West Ham two days later as many are out of isolation and had heard they were in this position. Not right.
Doesn’t feel right to me either.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
If it’s your season ticket, you should have the right to the seat for the rearranged date - prticualy since they only give you 50% of the money they sell it for
I think I disagree... it is a difficult one admittedly...
  • Consider the person who bought the ticket, looking forward to Wolves vs Watford... how could you possibly deny them the chance to go now that a season ticket holder has decided he can and wants to go?
  • From the clubs point of view wouldn't it be easier to offer a ticket elsewhere to the season ticket holder in return for the ticket cash he received? It would just be tidier. You could move the purchaser of course but why make such waves when they're already booked in?
  • The 50% thing isn't great but it's also not relevant to the debate. The season ticket holder knew the terms and on balance felt that it was the right thing for them to do.
Like I say, unprecedented situation so not easy and not a stick to beat the club with in my opinion. I hope DerbyshireWanderer and anyone in similar circumstances get to go.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t feel right to me either.
Guy on SSN basically confirmed this was the case.

Without getting into the ins and outs, they are telling us to get vaccinated and then there's seemingly no punishment for not doing what they say.

Seems obvious to me that only players who test positive should be classed as a Covid absentee.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted but to be expected. Hope the Arsenal game doesnt go the same way but wouldnt be surprised if it does.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dammit just snapped up a ticket off the website this morning!

Back
Top Bottom