Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Watford game postponed?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all after Watford had too many unvaccinated players having to quarantine to play Burnley. At least it thins out our Xmas schedule.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Personally, I think if the game is postponed due to Watford having unvaccinated players, Watford should be made to play the fixture or forfeit.
Yes, apparently Watford have the most unvaccinated players in the Premier League, so those players have to isolate when they come into contact with people who test positive, whereas the vaccinated players don't, unless they have symptoms. This is the third Watford postponement so they will be losing match fitness and also have lots of games to play in a short period of time with little rest in the future. That's bitten them on the backside.

As for us, our squad have now all been boosted and we get some extra recovery before the Arsenal game, whilst Arsenal will have to play us less than 48 hours after their Boxing Day game. That works out very nicely for us, especially as we've been completely shafted by the Christmas fixtures over the last 2 seasons. Nice to have something go our way.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yes, apparently Watford have the most unvaccinated players in the Premier League, so those players have to isolate when they come into contact with people who test positive, whereas the vaccinated players don't, unless they have symptoms. This is the third Watford postponement so they will be losing match fitness and also have lots of games to play in a short period of time with little rest in the future. That's bitten them on the backside.

As for us, our squad have now all been boosted and we get some extra recovery before the Arsenal game, whilst Arsenal will have to play us less than 48 hours after their Boxing Day game. That works out very nicely for us, especially as we've been completely shafted by the Christmas fixtures over the last 2 seasons. Nice to have something go our way.
Yeah it is good in that sense but would have been much better the arsenal game. Love boxing day football. Awful not to go.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Yeah it is good in that sense but would have been much better the arsenal game. Love boxing day football. Awful not to go.
Agree with that. I have a ticket for Watford so was going but not going to Arsenal. Would have preferred the Watford game to be on out of the two given a choice. Still, I don't think Bruno or the players will mind having Boxing Day off from playing. Players will be able to rest and recover and also spend a little more time with their families at Christmas. Still, gutted for everyone who was planning to go. Boxing Day football is fantastic.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that as long as a club had 13 players available then the games should go ahead. Surely a premier league club has enough players to put out a team.
Due to the isolation protocols for the unvaccinated, they probably haven’t.
Any positive case that they catch after a training session could mean the majority of those involved having to isolate. We get 1 positive case with everyone vaccinated, 1 player out. They could have 10+.
So, by the new rules, it likely qualifies for postponement properly.

Whether they could/should be held to account because it is partly their fault through personal choices of the players, is another matter entirely.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agree with that. I have a ticket for Watford so was going but not going to Arsenal. Would have preferred the Watford game to be on out of the two given a choice. Still, I don't think Bruno or the players will mind having Boxing Day off from playing. Players will be able to rest and recover and also spend a little more time with their families at Christmas. Still, gutted for everyone who was planning to go. Boxing Day football is fantastic.
Yeah, our players doubled vaxx and all boosted (bar Fabs and Mosquera for obvious reasons) after Chelsea. They've done their bit, don't begrudge them the time off.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

On that note, nice to hear old Kilpperty moaning about the 48 hour turnaround.
Didn’t hear him moaning when we got stung with it 2 years on the trot, in particular Liverpool and City consecutively with the shortest gap of the whole schedule.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was not able to attend the Watford game so resold my ticket back, according to club statement tickets for rearranged matches will be valid. I can probably attend the rearranged fixture date.....so what happens in this situation ?!?!

If they prevent me attending the rearranged game last time I will ever resell back to club !

Same with me ....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Guy on SSN basically confirmed this was the case.

Without getting into the ins and outs, they are telling us to get vaccinated and then there's seemingly no punishment for not doing what they say.

Seems obvious to me that only players who test positive should be classed as a Covid absentee.
Yes this is a good way to put it. Seems like our players have done what is asked by getting the vaccine and there’s no real reward to it. Frustrating that our boys are all set and ready to play and the opposition aren’t, but there we go.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder which fixture will be moved to the 12:30 slot.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking the wolves hat off. If Arsenal play on Boxing day and then again against us, doesn't really seem fair on them

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was not able to attend the Watford game so resold my ticket back, according to club statement tickets for rearranged matches will be valid. I can probably attend the rearranged fixture date.....so what happens in this situation ?!?!

If they prevent me attending the rearranged game last time I will ever resell back to club !
I am in the Same situation

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think Watford have missed an opportunity here. We were always more likely to lose to them than Arsenal even with a team made up of their stewards and tea lady.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I find odd is where I work there’s 25 people mixing in a couple of rooms, since this started there’s been no more than 3 positive tests, yet football clubs can’t keep 14 players available for selection when they’re doing most of their work in the fresh air.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Plan B for me. Kiddy v Hereford it is then, if that one's not called off as well.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I find odd is where I work there’s 25 people mixing in a couple of rooms, since this started there’s been no more than 3 positive tests, yet football clubs can’t keep 14 players available for selection when they’re doing most of their work in the fresh air.
They probably go round so many peoples houses for one reason or another mix players from other clubs (more so london teams) partying ect…..

Everyone knows my thoughts on the virus but I wouldn’t wish any team to play with it. This is probably a good call for us and them. By the time we play them next we could have Neto & Jonny plus whoever we don’t sign lol

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking the wolves hat off. If Arsenal play on Boxing day and then again against us, doesn't really seem fair on them
Too bad on them. I couldn’t care less.
Bloody traitors….they were one of the Super league scum.

I‘ll be honest…..that whole thing blew over too fast and easily for them.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will there be cheese and wine?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was actually looking forward to this one.
The team that can’t score but don’t concede, against the team that can’t defend but are banging them in.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves probably jumped at the chance to call it off anyway...means we haven't got to manage 3 games in quick succession with all what's going on.....it's more than likely the games at arsenal and man utd will go ahead, the only debate is fans in attendance.........it's disappointing as we all wanted to go on boxing day but from a squad point of view 1 less fixture is definitely more beneficial.....half the squad probably felt like ****e since they had their boosters on Monday anyway ..

Back
Top Bottom