Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Warnocks Next Press Conference

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I look back it now and think it was fun, but the reality is it was terrible. Sliding through the divisions, no money and a condemned ground. I think it must have been gallows humour.
Mid 80's were dire, but I have to say that 1988 and 1989 were two of my favourite years following Wolves, easily as enjoyable as these last couple of seasons. Yes the football was average and the grounds were rubbish, but it was the start of something new after the Bhattis and we had Bully and Mutch destroying everything in their way, a Wembley victory and two championships, and I was 30 years younger

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Mid 80's were dire, but I have to say that 1988 and 1989 were two of my favourite years following Wolves, easily as enjoyable as these last couple of seasons. Yes the football was average and the grounds were rubbish, but it was the start of something new after the Bhattis and we had Bully and Mutch destroying everything in their way, a Wembley victory and two championships, and I was 30 years younger
Same here. After seemingly not winning any matches for what felt years, we were a team again. Didn’t matter it was lower league, the feeling of being at the top of the league was fantastic. Went to virtually all games home and away- just great times. Probably because of my age, just turned a teenager- never enjoyed football more than that, even now, being honest.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here. After seemingly not winning any matches for what felt years, we were a team again. Didn’t matter it was lower league, the feeling of being at the top of the league was fantastic. Went to virtually all games home and away- just great times. Probably because of my age, just turned a teenager- never enjoyed football more than that, even now, being honest.

I suppose thats why I look back on the 2013-2014 season with fondness, it was kind of like what you described.

Hazza

Reaction score

Me to, I was early 20's loving the Wolves life all over the country - great times

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

A badge of honour then ?
Just to be clear. I was at the game, but when I say “we smashed up the ground”. I meant wolves fans. I hope you didn’t think I meant that I was personally involved.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Just to be clear. I was at the game, but when I say “we smashed up the ground”. I meant wolves fans. I hope you didn’t think I meant that I was personally involved.
Not you mate but some do consider it’s a badge of honour

Last edited:

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling he may walk away at the end of the season and take a break from football for a while

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, really felt moved by his words today and his compassion for Sala's family. It puts all of football in perspective, and we are united by our sadness in the face of this awful tragedy.

All my prejudices and preconceptions about Neil Warnock melt away. Thoughts with Emilio's family and friends, and hats off to fans and staff from Nantes and Cardiff for their reaction. All true football fans will stand together with them.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling he may walk away at the end of the season and take a break from football for a while
I tend to agree. Whether they stay up or go down remains to be seen but in fairness to him I bet he will see the season out. I doubt he would ever come back considering his age. Who would blame him? The whole episode has obviously left its mark.

Back
Top Bottom