Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vs. Blackburn Rovers (A) Teams & Comms

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We simply can't rely on Dave Edwards scoring all our goals. How can anyone start Wallace over a £7 million signing? It's utter bobbins.
Cos the signing has looked a tad short of pathetic in his displays given the money spent

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How anybody can give Dave Edwards man of the match is beyond me.

He wasn't even the best player in a Wolves shirt and no Wolves player was better than Lowe or Gallagher. Bod didn't even come close to Gallagher's level today.

I'm happy we got a point from that and Rob Edward's needs to go much more attacking next week from the off.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bodvarsson, unfortunately, has been a mere passenger for a few matches now. Did absolutely nothing today, aside from a good cross into the box. Didn't win the ball up top enough, and was constantly beaten to crosses by the Blackburn defense.

He played like an unhappy Doyle.
He certainly isn't making an impact these last matches. From star to journey man in oh so few matches. Fitness, loss of confidence in self or team,...? Whatever it is, he just huffs and puffs to mindless hoofs forwards most of the time, although later in the match he couldn't connect with the better forward paly.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** poor.

Hopefully with Jeff Shi in attendance we can remove the remnants of the old regime and start afresh.
That must include Rob Edwards. He has been brought into the light and found seriously wanting.

On the playing front, Danny Batth must also be on borrowed time.

A

AlexWWFC

Edwards is not good enough. End of story. Perhaps he will get a hattrick in the next two minutes I couldn't care less. Our central midfield with him as its supposed piviot is effing useless and I am so fed up with it. The blindness of some fans is incredible. Because the man scores very occasionally he is hailed as being great. Well he is in good company with Coady another very limited footballer and Saville even worse.

After I criticised Edwards for taking off our only passing midfielder I thought Coady sprayed some very good passes around, not good enough though.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTM but still the hated one on here after getting us a point ^^
He is not hated - he is a great guy but in terms of football ability he epitomises the mediocrity that our club has settled for for years. Its not only him of course but our central midfield has been our Achilles heel for years and he has been at the centre of it for years. Its a pity because if he was more talented we would all be delighted but the sad and honest truth is he is not. Batth is another one who we would all like to be a lot better than he actually is. Look where we are in the league. Batth and Edwards are pretty much ever- presents in the team.

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dave Edwards man of the match. Hilarious. A goal from 1 yard oit does not make him man of the match. Terrible otherwise. Bizarre .
I think it was because he kept us going when no-one else could.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our team is so depressed at the moment that with just an away draw, we are that happy. Bring big Sam with urgency.

A

AlexWWFC

The introduction of Teixeria and Caveleiro changed our fortunes, pace and skill.. Simply have to gamble from the start not the 70th minute. Maybe then we'll win games.

The team I put up on the team selection thread was attacking we need to understand the best for of defence is attack, we can outplay plenty of teams in this league with our squad we just haven't got the *******s to do it.

W

we8wba

Two points dropped

A fair manager who picked team on ability would had won us match today

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our team is so depressed at the moment that with just an away draw, we are that happy. Bring big Sam with urgency.

Tarcisio - I would like nothing more than bring Big Sam here but he seems to have made it clear that he does not want to come....:(:(:(

Also I am not at all happy with a draw against Blackburn.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
playing him together with Coady and Wallace

Questions ought to be asked about the performances of Coady and (especially) Wallace before having a pop at Edwards. Also Bod's inability to pose any threat up front, and Batth's performance as both captain and player???

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shambles of a CB pairing pairing, shown for what they are first half. Surely not to be seen again?

B

Berrysafroregrown

If that's all it takes to play for Wolves I'll turn up with my boots next Saturday to get a game.

You say the most ridiculous things. You're not good enough to play at this level. You never were.
Accept it, give up your childish fantasies and try to adapt to the real world.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The introduction of Teixeria and Caveleiro changed our fortunes, pace and skill.. Simply have to gamble from the start not the 70th minute. Maybe then we'll win games.

While I agree, what we don't see is what goes on, on the training ground. We don't know for instance, how Walter's sacking has affected different players. I could imagine that the "old guard" would have been less affected, although to be fair, Danny looks absolutely awful. Perhaps as captain Edwards had to play him, but elsewhere he started players who he thought had their heads straight. I don't know, I'm just speculating. What we did see was that Edwards made the right call second half in making key subs with enough time to change the game. He also played Edwards who he knows has a habit of scoring against Blackburn, and we have been seriously lacking in goals since Bod had his injury. For me however, Edwards is not the right person to take over from Zenga. Assistant, fine, coach/Manager no.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shock horror Teixeira comes on and plays in his correct position (midfield) and Cavaleiro comes on for Wallace (who needs to go back to League 2) and we look a side.

Batth/Wallace both absolutely atrocious and I hope that's the last time we have to witness them playing in a Wolves shirt. What was Batth doing in the build-up to the goal, gave Gallagher 10 yards to blast it down Ikeme's throat, Stearman is definitely an upgrade and should be utilised.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The point of all this for me is that we do have good enough players to be around the play-offs. It currently doesn't look like it because we are not using them well enough and in recent weeks they have lacked confidence. Rob Edward's job was to given them confidence and use them better, I don't think I saw anything that convinced me he can do either of these things. I also worried when he said the hardest part of being in charge was telling players they weren't playing.

I also assumed pre-match that he had seen Wallace ripping up trees in training, I really have had it with him now.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not accept, with grace, that useless dross like Dave Edwards should have been shipped out years ago and are absolutely nowhere near good enough for a team aspiring to get the PL.

Way over the top. Yes, I think there are far better players and, yes, he wasn't great - but I come back to the fact that (a) he was THE goal threat tonight and (b) Molineux manager after manager rate him.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You say the most ridiculous things. You're not good enough to play at this level. You never were.
Accept it, give up your childish fantasies and try to adapt to the real world.
Kelly Brook said that to me the other day I was so irritated I asked her to get out of the bed.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half had to be better, and it was. Edwards really does have some knack of scoring headers on Sky!

I never want to see Jed Wallace starting ever again. What on earth does he bring? We were twice the side as soon as he was replaced.

B

Berrysafroregrown

No-one hails him as " great" People just appreciate what he brings to the team/squad.

The only people who are over the top when describing DE are those who persistently deride him.

K

KingOfMilwaukee

No better way to hurt your managerial trial then to NOT start the players your boss paid millions for in the offseason. While they are there watching!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People trying to defend Dave Edwards by virtue of the fact he has just headed a ball into an empty net for 4 yards out.

Er...imagine the furore if no-one was there to head it in. DE was there and duly converted the chance. Well done Dave.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those congratulating RE on making subs that changed the game are missing the point IMHO. It's about the opportunities lost by playing the likes of Wallace over Cav and Tex, as well as the imbalance and ineffectiveness offered with a Coady-Saiss-Edwards midfield.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those congratulating RE on making subs that changed the game are missing the point IMHO. It's about the opportunities lost by playing the likes of Wallace over Cav and Tex, as well as the imbalance and ineffectiveness offered with a Coady-Saiss-Edwards midfield.
An undeserved point but welcome nonetheless.

Now time to get a manager in before the Derby game.

stevev53

Reaction score
Some posters on here are so embarrassing it is laughable . A draw was probably a fair result but to say Blackburn dominated us is frankly rubbish. Bodvarson and Wallace gave us nothing upfront and the introduction of tex and cav did gave a positive effect . If people cannott see that then they no bugger all about football. I would start both of them next week . Oh and Batth has got to be replaced as captain and player

D

Deleted member 3518

Those congratulating RE on making subs that changed the game are missing the point IMHO. It's about the opportunities lost by playing the likes of Wallace overk Cav and Tex, as well as the imbalance and ineffectiveness offered with a Coady-Saiss-Edwards midfield.

Too right!

Back
Top Bottom