Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vs. Blackburn Rovers (A) Teams & Comms

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both centre backs today showed they really are not up to it - dire performances from both . Edwards apart from the goal was poor . Wallace was crap throughout . Costa Tex Cavaleiro were decent . This is a major job at Wolves - we struggled against a **** poor outfit tonight . We need someone to create balance , provide a captain and work the Jan window . Carry on with this outfit and we will go down . Glad of a point but my god we are poor all over the pitch .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way over the top. Yes, I think there are far better players and, yes, he wasn't great - but I come back to the fact that (a) he was THE goal threat tonight and (b) Molineux manager after manager rate him.

Not to mention more than one Wales Manager... Jeez, I'm far from his biggest fan, but some of the attacks on here tonight are insane, but hardly new. Every time our form dips, he is one of the first to be scapegoated, and there were much worse Wolves players out there tonight, starting with our captain.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We certainly have a big problem regarding our lack of a strike force.
Bodvarsson has been a mere shadow of himself in the last few games.
Dicko is clearly not a patch on the player he was pre-injury.
Mason is out of contention for at least a month and
Gladon should never have been signed - as harsh as that may seem.

Rather than spend £7M on Cavaleiro and £1M on Gladon we should have bought a decent striker instead. I criticised this at the time and it was clearly a poor decision to put it mildly. :mad:

A

AlexWWFC

Those congratulating RE on making subs that changed the game are missing the point IMHO. It's about the opportunities lost by playing the likes of Wallace over Cav and Tex, as well as the imbalance and ineffectiveness offered with a Coady-Saiss-Edwards midfield.

I agree I've congratulated him on the changes but his first 11 was a let down... Don't want him in charge for Derby.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Edwards was poor today but in his defence, he has probably been our best player during October.

B

Berrysafroregrown

Why not accept, with grace, that useless dross like Dave Edwards should have been shipped out years ago and are absolutely nowhere near good enough for a team aspiring to get to the PL.

" useless dross " as I've said, it's only the de riders who go over the top.

D

Deleted member 3518

We certainly have a big problem regarding our lack of a strike force.
Bodvarsson has been a mere shadow of himself in the last few games.
Dicko is clearly not a patch on the player he was pre-injury.
Mason is out of contention for at least a month and
Gladon should never have been signed - as harsh as that may seem.

Rather than spend £7M on Cavaleiro and £1M on Gladon we should have bought a decent striker instead. I criticised this at the time and it was clearly a poor decision to put it mildly. :mad:

Should have focused on the spine and signed domineering CB, CM and CF, we have none.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To repeat, this squad of players put Newcastle to the sword away. In Cav, Tex and Costa we have three very skilful pacey players who need to play regularly with Bod or Dicko. They can get goals. But they need some creativity and accurate passing ability behind them which does not currently exist apart from in the case of Saiss. Chicken was the theme of the evening and our management was chicken with this line up. Blackburn are in an absolute mess on and off the field and yet look how our team struggled until the 80th minute! Set up the team confidently to attack and accept that the defence will let in the odd goal as currently constituted. But we should score more against 90% of the teams in this division. We must get in an experienced manager in the next week. Relegation is looking like a distinct possibility which is ridiculous when you look at the squad we have. I want to see some continuity in team selections with Prince and Saiss playing together in defensive midfield (Price in reserve), Tex just ahead of them. Cav and Costa out wide and changing wings with Bod or Dicko up front. Perhaps Stearman is needed now - at least he has plenty of experience and is a bit of a leader on the field. Oh and he can actually pass the ball.

Blimey what will it take to get us out of yet another hole.

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even the so called poor teams play as a team because we let them. We on the other hand do not play as a team good ,bad or mediocre.

K

KingOfMilwaukee

I am curious what striker was available for £8M in the last window that could have (would have) come here?

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some posters on here are so embarrassing it is laughable . A draw was probably a fair result but to say Blackburn dominated us is frankly rubbish. Bodvarson and Wallace gave us nothing upfront and the introduction of tex and cav did gave a positive effect . If people cannott see that then they no bugger all about football. I would start both of them next week . Oh and Batth has got to be replaced as captain and player
Hear hear

Bodvarsson can't play up top on his own, Wallace was useless and Batth was a bit of a donkey. Cavaleiro, Dicko and Stearman to start next week I hope.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get that defence sorted and we have the technical ability to win games but once again not a clean sheet

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not to mention more than one Wales Manager... Jeez, I'm far from his biggest fan, but some of the attacks on here tonight are insane, but hardly new. Every time our form dips, he is one of the first to be scapegoated, and there were much worse Wolves players out there tonight, starting with our captain.

Absolutely. There are loads of people who know far more about the game on here than me ,but I can't help feeling there are also a lot who just take him as the easiest whipping boy whenever we lose. No way did he contribute less than Wallace or Bodvarsson tonight. He got in great positions and the fact that he got the chances to miss rather than JDB who (much as I love him) did very little. Still Edwards got dogs abuse after Leeds when he was clearly man of the match so he was always going to struggle to convince his critics tonight!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Spiers actually think there were improvements from the last games under Zenga judging from his match rapport.
I know he's been making a call for Edwards to get the job, but this simply too biased. First of all, we were awful today. Secondly, Leeds, Brighton and Villa are all a lot better than this Blackburn team.
In fact, I think this games showed, that there's absolutely no reason Edwards should get the job. Tactically clueless, embarrasing selection, keeping Tex and Cavaleiro on the bench, and while you might argue, that his subs changed the game, I'll argue that had they started, and had we played with a 433, with Tex behind Bod, and no holdning midfielder, we'd won it.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Spiers actually think there were improvements from the last games under Zenga judging from his match rapport.
I know he's been making a call for Edwards to get the job, but this simply too biased. First of all, we were awful today. Secondly, Leeds, Brighton and Villa are all a lot better than this Blackburn team.
In fact, I think this games showed, that there's absolutely no reason Edwards should get the job. Tactically clueless, embarrasing selection, keeping Tex and Cavaleiro on the bench, and while you might argue, that his subs changed the game, I'll argue that had they started, and had we played with a 433, with Tex behind Bod, and no holdning midfielder, we'd won it.

Totally agree.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hear hear

Bodvarsson can't play up top on his own, Wallace was useless and Batth was a bit of a donkey. Cavaleiro, Dicko and Stearman to start next week I hope.

I have to agree but please don't let my friend Brightside read this or we will never hear the end of it!! :rolleyes:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Ikeme 7
Doherty 6
Batth 5
Hause 5
CBJ 7
Coady 6
Saiss 5
Costa 6
Edwards 5
Wallace 4
JDB 5

Lonergan 6
Teixiera 7
Cavaleiro 7

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did make good changes to be fair, ones that actually got us back into the game.

I remember some used to give Mick credit when he did the same...namely start with some of our better players on the bench, then when he realized his mistake and threw them on, they¨d sometimes save the day, and Micks fans would point out how great it was of him to change the game tactically.
Edwards did nothing brave tactically today. In fact, even after bringing Tex and Cavaleiro on, he still persisted with a holding midfielder in a cautious 433.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Not his biggest fan but Edwards is the least of our worries at the moment. It's that ****ing defence and our so called 'captain' that are the big problems.
Yes but you grab the game in midfield .We just don't

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You say the most ridiculous things. You're not good enough to play at this level. You never were.
Accept it, give up your childish fantasies and try to adapt to the real world.

Neither is Dave and I think you're the who's having fantasies thinking he is.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It reminded me of Cardiff A last season .We played a team devoid of confidence and gave them a head start

D

Deleted member 3573J

How Cavaliero can't get in this team is beyond me, he's not set the world alight but you can tell he has quality. Play him on the left every game, get him fully up to speed with the league and I'm convinced he'll score and create plenty. The guy is our record signing and he's sat on the bench while we mess around with the likes of Prince and Wallace on the left, what next, give Saville another go there? He should be our main man, similar to when Sako was here. Edwards blew his chance with that starting line-up, well he should have. I'd be going all out to get the new man in by next Saturday, now isn't the time to be experimenting.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do not have ONE decent defender at the club.....Batth and Hause are an utter joke.

I do not want to see the 8 year old Jed Wallace in a Wolves shirt ever again.

A

AlexWWFC

Saiss still unlucky for me to come off was the only one picking out some passes.

I'd still like to see Iorfa back.next to Batth rather than Stears.... Or even Stears and Iorfa, not his biggest fan but give Coady the captaincy. He's the only one acting like one anyway, might as well.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his biggest fan but Edwards is the least of our worries at the moment. It's that ****ing defence and our so called 'captain' that are the big problems.

You are forgetting our lack of a striker.

It is no exaggeration to say that....

Bod' has lost his mojo,
Dicko has not managed to regain his pre-injury form
Mason will be out for at least a month.
Gladon should never have been signed.

That is and has been for sometime our biggest problem. :(:(

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikeme 6 - Good save to prevent Blackburn going 2 up.
Doherty 7 - Assist and offered as much as he could going forward, solid at the back.
Batth 3 - Crap with the ball, gave Gallagher 10 yards to strike the ball, liability.
Hause 5 - Shaky but not nearly as bad as Danny.
CBJ 7 - Solid and calm in possession.
Saiss 5 - Panicked a bit today.
Coady 6 - Worked hard.
Edwards 6 - Goal and a typical Edwards performance offering little with the ball.
Costa 6 - Looked frustrated today, bits of class but he can't do it all on his own.
Wallace 2 - He ran a bit and fell over a few times.
Bodvarsson 6 - Bereft of any support but didn't stop working.

Teixeira 7 - A good cameo, linked up play between defence and attack well, needs to start in midfield.
Cavaleiro 6 - Another good cameo, almost scored a belter and showed glimpses, needs to start left wing.
Lonergan 6 - Good save to prevent Gallagher putting game to bed.

Back
Top Bottom