Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vinagre

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The main is like an emotional rollercoaster. One match good. 10 matches average.

embarrassingly bad tonight and not one single step over to enjoy.

least he battered 20 passes into the stands as per usual.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never been too impressed with him especially his attacking. Yes he has decent pace but he rarely does anything with it. I’m aware he is still very young so I’ve far from given up on him but i just don’t see the hype everyone builds for him

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never been too impressed with him especially his attacking. Yes he has decent pace but he rarely does anything with it. I’m aware he is still very young so I’ve far from given up on him but i just don’t see the hype everyone builds for him
I'm of a similar opinion. Not writing him off but not as convinced as so many seem to be. I think he's another one of those that needs games but I can't see him getting ahead of Jonny on a consistent basis anytime soon

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a poor game tonight but hey ho, this sort of thing happens.

poor? I would go as far to say it was the worst single performance in a Wolves shirt under Nuno. Everything he did was bad.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very poor tonight. Needs to slow down a bit in his head.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He will come good for sure. Just too eager to impress and overcomplicating things a bit. It will settle down with age.

NickJohnG

Groupie
Reaction score
poor? I would go as far to say it was the worst single performance in a Wolves shirt under Nuno. Everything he did was bad.

I would agree, unfortunately.

When he first started with us, it was his defending that needed questioning.

Now it’s absolutely everything he does.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
He was awful tonight, but there is definitely a potentially really good player there. Might take a season or two, after Jonny has moved back to Spain, for him to kick on.

D

Deleted member 4436

He’s clearly a very talented lad, so the majority will be happy to persist. The worry for me is that he hasn’t really improved since he got into the team in terms of consistency.

He’s only a kid though and he has all the tools. Stick with him.

D

Deleted member 4023

There always has to be a scapegoat when the whole team performs poorly

D

Deleted member 4152

Very poor tonight. As was neto (pass the ****ing ball man)

But young players being blooded by Nuno in the prem.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sessegnon could be an interesting comparison. It could be argued either way which one is the better player. I think it is fair to say in their short careers so far Sessegnon has performed better on an individual basis, although his Fulham team were inferior to Wolves. It's unfortunate he has had injury problems since being at Spurs.

If someone was to say 'Sessegnon is going to be a superstar' or 'he's going to be a world-class player' I would have doubts about that. He's still young, so it's possible he will become a superstar and a world-class player. That's kind of how I see the situation with Vinagre. I haven't seen enough to truly convince me that he will reach that high level. Maybe he will.

One of the few players I've seen come through and convinced me early on he would be truly brilliant was Lescott. In his first few games as a 17-year-old, I could see he would be a top player. If a bigger club than Everton had taken the chance on him earlier he would have won more trophies and caps than he eventually did in his career.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last week he was the new Roberto Carlos today he is mo camera with the reaction on here

had a poor game but the lad is a brilliant player and will come good. This last week man city Liverpool and Watford has taken it out of the squad and he’s been invoked in all 3 games.

S

Shifnal Wolf

It’s tough for any player to come in ad-hoc and make a difference.

He's still learning his game and ideally needs to be playing more regularly IMO (tough with Jonny ahead of him).

In time I’m convinced we will have a top player on our hands.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Poor tonight but it’s part of learning

On the other hand wolves fans go waaaaay to OTT because he nutmegged Trent or he lollipopped Walker

End product really needs a LOT of improvement, but there’s the potential their for sure

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Vinagre, Neto and Kilman were not as good as in recent matches, you are going to get that with young inexperienced players, they'll all be fine in the long term

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jesus...... sounds about the same as Adama last year. All pace and nothing else....... And he's about 4 years younger. We should get rid hey?

Some of you need to go wobble your heads. Like Cutrone, MGW previously etc. It's tough for young players to develop without a run in the team. This is one area Nunos philosophy fails for me. Look at what a good season in the champ or at another lower level can do for the like of Mount, Abraham, maddison etc. Granted maddison wasn't on loan but he got to excel at a lower level before stepping up. Keeping young players close to the team is good in one respect but when do they get to build the vital experience and confidence?

I truly belive Vinagre would flourish with a regular run at a top end champ team.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he got better as the game went on. We know defensively he's not as strong as he can be, but that will come with game time.

Great assist for Doc too. End product was much better than previously.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate that he didn’t get off to a good start but I thought he grew into the game. He also ran back some distance at speed to prevent a clear shot at goal towards the end which could have been a game-saver. I’m surprised by these comments, what are your thoughts?
"Overrated", "Shocking" - Lots of Wolves fans slam "liability" who lost possession 20 times | FootballFanCast.com
Failed to produce an accurate cross, but the first goal came from his good work down the left didn't it?
A bit of a hatchet job. Should have done better for their second goal. Gave the ball away too much. But 6 tackles is a lot in a game.

S

ShropshireLad

Failed to produce an accurate cross, but the first goal came from his good work down the left didn't it?
A bit of a hatchet job. Should have done better for their second goal. Gave the ball away too much. But 6 tackles is a lot in a game.
I didn’t realise at the time but a report I’ve just read suggests that he was responsible (at least partially) for both goals.
Joe Edwards E&S
Ruben Vinagre
Displayed his attacking talents as he played a lovely one-two and stuck in a dangerous cross which led to Doherty getting on the scoresheet. Defensively, though, Vinagre was caught out for both Spurs goals. Still has some work to do in that respect. 6

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last week he was the new Roberto Carlos today he is mo camera with the reaction on here

had a poor game but the lad is a brilliant player and will come good. This last week man city Liverpool and Watford has taken it out of the squad and he’s been invoked in all 3 games.

Well said !!

He’s a young boy that Liverpool fans were raving about after our match with them!

There always has to be a whipping boy for some on here!:(

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
He's better going forward, not great defending, nothing has changed in that respect. Not sure his final position will be as a defender.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He was very poor yesterday but it is hard for a young defender to learn the game without playing. He needs a loan spell to get games under his belt.

madwolf

Reaction score
I think blaming Vinagre for the second was harsh too, it was a brilliant bit of play by Aurier.
Why is it when ever we concede, especially on comms thread we blame the defender for poor defending rather then say that was a brilliant goal? Like you say it was great play from Aurier rather then poor defending from Vinagre.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was very poor yesterday but it is hard for a young defender to learn the game without playing. He needs a loan spell to get games under his belt.

I thought he did pretty well in the 2nd half some good defending. Not very poor in my view, that 2nd spurs goal was just class not really an individual mistake.

If he ever had a run in the team he could be better than Jonny for me; faster more skilful and naturally left footed. Defensive awareness will only come with age and experience and all our WBs are caught out defensively at times

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I thought he did pretty well in the 2nd half some good defending. Not very poor in my view, that 2nd spurs goal was just class not really an individual mistake.

If he ever had a run in the team he could be better than Jonny for me; faster more skilful and naturally left footed. Defensive awareness will only come with age and experience and all our WBs are caught out defensively at times
2nd goal was poor defending. He starts tracking the wrong runner then massively over commits. People saying he showed the attacker on to his weaker foot are wrong, in that position you show him down the line and defend the cross.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wasnt very poor!!! Played a part in two of our goals, and defended superbly during the second half when he obviously was a lot more aware of his positioning.

Really getting tired of moaning fans, during and after such an epic and glorious win.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
He started poorly, gave away the ball alot. For the first for me does not do enough to stop the cross. For me Boly at fault as he slid in, if he stood his ground he would of cleared it.

For second, it looked like he was to central and when Aurier got the ball he almost expected him to go on the outside, but obviously he did not. Still a great effort by Aurier.

He grew into the game and played well second half.

We forget that he is only back from an injury and I doubt he expected to be playing so much so quickly.

He is young and will learn, to learn sometimes you have to make mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom