Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa…

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely looking at last seasons stats he was up there with the relegated keepers on saves made. He's a great keeper but it would be a struggle to reproduce that again this season. Their defence bar Cash is Championship all over.
Have a look at post shot expected goals saved.

Martinez has conceded 4 more goals than would be expected.

Last season he saved 8 more than would be expected.

That's a huge swing

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I absolutely detest Villa and would love nothing more than to see them eradicated from the surface of the Earth… we’re only 2 wins ahead.

Let’s celebrate when they’re properly screwed.
Might only be two wins away, but Villa's next five...

Brighton (h)
Palace (a)
Man City (h)
Leicester (h)
Liverpool (a)

Those two wins could be a long time coming!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we are only 2 wins ahead but that’s not really the point is it. Many where saying they were now miles ahead of us, we had blown it, they were ambitious, we were going nowhere etc etc. Clearly, that was total nonsense.

It doesn’t matter what the context is, to spend 340m pounds and be as average as they are is just staggering. They are the mid 90s version of us on speed.

Unfortunately I think Smith will be gone in the next few days. Next appointment will tell us a lot.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aston Villa have never employed a BAME Head Coach/Manager .

Give it Yorkie with Gabby as his assistant #rooneyrule

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gasperini and Mancini.
They really have no self-awareness at all do they?
Gasperini, at now champions league regulars (much of which his doing) Atalanta, or the Italian that’s just won his country the Euros.
I find the Mancini one the most fascinating, as if he’d be going anywhere at all until had a tilt at winning the World Cup…and then you’d have to think he’d have slightly higher ambitions than a premier league relegation battle.

They do have a chance of Favre and Galtier, neither of which have set the world alight.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211118-174308.png
Screenshot_20211118-174347.png

"Unfair" but not actually wrong. And it's notable that he doesn't say it's wrong, even if there's truth in the observation that we "never hear [him] saying it's a stepping stone".

Original story here: Steven Gerrard says it is 'unfair' to call Aston Villa 'stepping stone' to Liverpool job - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59330514

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've read some of those Twitter posts, I think that guy has to be a blues fan or one of our own on the wind up. The posts are too funny not to be.
If he isn't he genuinely has a single digit IQ

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
more concerned that dean smith will bring cantwell and gilmour into the norwich team and magically get them going, even briefly - just as we arrive at carrow road......

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 25154
View attachment 25155

"Unfair" but not actually wrong. And it's notable that he doesn't say it's wrong, even if there's truth in the observation that we "never hear [him] saying it's a stepping stone".

Original story here: Steven Gerrard says it is 'unfair' to call Aston Villa 'stepping stone' to Liverpool job - Villa not a stepping stone - Gerrard

It’s more likely for it to be a stepping stone to the Dumbarton job Stevie

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 25154
View attachment 25155

Original story here: Steven Gerrard says it is 'unfair' to call Aston Villa 'stepping stone' to Liverpool job - Villa not a stepping stone - Gerrard
In order for it to be a stepping stone, Gerrard needs to be a success. If he ****s it up he'll be headed somewhere else.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice that today the Villa CEO in a press conference could not resist mentioning they won the European Cup in 1982. Well I never - nearly 40 years ago!! It doesn’t get raised very often!
Really??? I never knew that, why don't they mention it?

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
suspect there's a lot of fun to be had winding VIle fans up by referring to their poxy club as 'Stepping Stone Villa' from now on... Come to think of it, @Bahama Wolf, any chance of updating the title of this thread
More mileage in calling them “Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa” I think

Edit: it doesn’t scan. I expect the media will say “Gerard’s Villa”

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah well, new manager must mean they are back in the title race again. Was looking a bit unlikely, for a few days. :D

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice that today the Villa CEO in a press conference could not resist mentioning they won the European Cup in 1982. Well I never - nearly 40 years ago!! It doesn’t get raised very often!
The way he speaks you would think that they are the only Midlands club since the 80s to win the bloody thing --cant imagine for one second that Wolves fans would mention it if roles reversed :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom