Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VERDICT - WOLVES V VILLA

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Utterly fantastic, just bloody fantastic!!

To a man a 10 today, including the fans.....Villa had no answers, they only had one spell, and that was a dizzy one throughout the whole game.

The team and the support made us proud today.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My first game was Huddersfield in the last game of the 86/87 season (first Bully hatrick) and that is hands on the best performance from a Wolves side I've ever seen.

Given the moment, given the importance it was phenomenal. Total and utter control from start to finish with finishing sent from heaven.

WE ARE GOING UP.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been shuffling the two step over the revolution. I think I might be shuffling forward a bit. Perhaps by Jan 2nd I will be with the pace.

Jota is one explosive talent. Neves the knats knockers. But I think Nuno might be the one we need to keep.

Mick did a great job in his first few seasons but this could well be the 'big boy's' version.Long way to go but this glass is now slightly under half full.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Villa verdicts.

I don't care what team we put out, how we were set up to play or any other permutations currently available to us. The gulf in class is massive. We were outplayed completely and we don't have the players to ever play like Wolves did today. They are way better than any other team in the division. Yes it points to long term mismanagement but today you've just got to put your hands up and admit they are by far the better team.

We've played some shocking games before but today, Wolves were so good we didn't even have a chance to play badly! I think Villa are being moulded by Bruce to try and scrape the playoffs, Wolves have already been moulded to survive a Premier League season.

Beaten by the better team away from home. Very disappointing that we didn't make a change in the second half, but they played superbly. High pressure off the ball and excellent attacking threat.

Wolves are just a better team, better players, more ideas, better movement, better passing, better energy. If they are one of the promotion favourites, I don't see us getting to their standard.
More astute than Bruce. He kept giving the impression that Wolves were only better 'ON THE DAY' as if it was a bloody cup game.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did the ball go over the line for the one their goalie scooped out. ?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been shuffling the two step over the revolution. I think I might be shuffling forward a bit. Perhaps by Jan 2nd I will be with the pace.

Jota is one explosive talent. Neves the knats knockers. But I think Nuno might be the one we need to keep.

Mick did a great job in his first few seasons but this could well be the 'big boy's' version.Long way to go but this glass is now slightly under half full.
Just heard a radio presenter say the same thing.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
10 out of 10 for each and everyone tonight thst was just magic, going to pub now :)

Writer Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Wonderful to watch on TV. Beautiful football.

Short of an injury crisis, I don't know who can challenge us for the title, let alone 2 other teams who could push us out of the automatic spots.

And we'll only get better. I have a feeling by January we'll be at least 7 points clear at the top.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best Wolves performance I've seen for many years. It's frightening to think Costa is still to find his match sharpness and Big Willy is not even in the team at the moment. I think we've got a team that actually embraces the challenge of the fans expectations rather than using it as a reason to fail. Keep it up lads.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had to watch on TV today, but we oozed class throughout the match. Villa got away with some nasty tackles in the first half but couldn't rough us up. Apart from that, they offered little. Their 'attacks' were passing in front of us, getting the odd cross in and a handful of dead ball situations. One header was their only half chance. We carved them open several times. The score line flattered them.

I am so happy!

60andstillgoing

Bottle of red open, celebrate a great win, with such class.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been holding back on saying this, but we are a quarter of the way into the season now. This is the best Wolves side I have seen since the era of Hibbitt/Bailey/Richards et al in the early '70s. Absolutely blinding football.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got up at 3.30am to watch that, no chance of going back to sleep now, feel like i'm on red bull, waiting for the sun to come up.
I remember the worry a few weeks ago in not getting the striker we wanted, whilst clearing out Dicko and Mason leaving us with just Bonatini.
We have about 5 attackers, they can all do it and play in all positions pulling opponents to pieces, it's startling for an English team used to having a main striker who everybody plays to.
I can't think of a better sub to bring on than N'Diaye for Neves after 80mins, so maybe Nuno got his priorities right.
If we have a big striker signing lined up for January as suspected, and a few other little fixes that we'll need by then, I can't see that we will finish below the top 2 by May.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EPIC!!

If that 30 odd pass and move had ended in a goal that would have been Goal of the Millennium!!!!

Sublime football, unbreachable defence, quality up front..TOP OF THE LEAGUE....

Lovely Day... :)
With goal line technology I think it may have been a goal

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only caught the second half but wow.....agree with all the superlatives about our star players but other impressions....the way Neves receives the ball and loses defenders is astonishing, how intelligent a player is Matt Doherty, Marshall was greedy and will get a rollicking on Monday, Nuno's set up is fabulous. I just love these one touch breakaways at pace. Can't wait to get down there again...

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
One of the best performances I have seen from a Wolves side for many a year. Every single player on the pitch was absolute quality- not one weak link on the pitch. Don't think I've ever been able to say that about a Wolves side since I started watching them nearly 40 years ago. Even when Wolves have been playing in lower leagues and outclassing inferior opposition, you could always watch the match over again and point out several players that shouldn't be in the side- you cannot say that today. What a great day it has been- and it was on television for everyone else to see. Marvellous stuff. So proud of our team.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabulous. As comfortable and convincing a win as I've seen in this division.

Neves, Jota and Miranda outstanding.

Ruddy 6 (very little to do)
Batth 7
Coady 7
Miranda 8
Doherty 8
Saiss 8
Neves 9
Douglas 7
Costa 6
Jota 9
Cavaleiro 7

Bonatini 7

It's going to take a decent team to stop us.
And Nuno 10

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Majestic. Jota reminds me of kenny hibbert with his nonstop running. The most one sided game for years at the molineux.

O

OldWolvesfart

Isn't it absolutely brilliant to be at the forefront of change and something ground breaking and all part of Wolves and Championship football transformation. Without Fosun and Nuno and this coming together of Portuguese and British players we would not be kicking the **** out of a Steve Bruce Aston Villa team on live TV and screaming our hearts out with the joy of the moment.
The old way was Steve Bruce and money and ex-premiership players dominating this league the new way is us.

Back
Top Bottom