Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict thread vs West Ham

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weird that. I thought defensively he did well, but going forward never looked to commit his man and just passed back

Superb run to help create our goal

I don't rate him much but I've gotta give credit for that burst forward

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lemina looked good, Semedo has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a bloody good player.

Clearly still bits to work on, but the improvements are huge.

Need to watch Rauls goal again as I am sure it came of a West Ham player, which means he can't be offside doesn't it?

Only if you play in red

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A win and a clean sheet is all anyone could ask. Made it hard on ourselves last 15 minutes, but that's Wolves innit?

Collins, Semedo or Neves MOTM.

People criticizing Nunes but prefer him to Joao all day long. Dawdled on the ball at times, but got forward when needed.

Adama a complete waste of a shirt. His only asset is gone.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One is a team on the up, the other on the way down.

The good guys won! Well done to all, enjoyable watch as well, felt like an early Nuno game where you just felt ease and calm about what was going on. Long may it continue and you can only wonder what could have been if Lage was moved on sooner for a real manager.

Now time to stick the knife into the natives who are unhappy.

T

TheConcourse

West Ham - very odd. Such a desperately negative side bar the last 15 minutes.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few people are saying that Nunes was average. I thought he did really well.
We were much the better team, start to finish. Pity the Neves shot didn't go in to save us the torture of the last 15-20 mins.
Credit to JLO.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needed that to boost our confidence. Bottom line is that I thought we wanted it more than West Ham.

Sa - Didn't have much to do in all honesty.
Semedo - I've given him stick over the last few weeks, today he was much much better. Someone needs to get in his head and tell him he can play and not be frightened when he makes mistakes.
Collins - Apart from one moment of supidity, excellent game.
Kilman - Thought he played well.
Bueno - Thought he had a good game as well.
Nunes - Poor. Simply wants far too much time on the ball and needs to speed up his thought process to play at this level.
Neves - Unlucky not to grab our second goal and played well.
Mouts - Excellent first half.
Hwang - Poor first touch at times but is working for the team.
Cunha - Put himself about, got nothing from the ref and looked a quality addition.
Podence - Frustrated again but if anyone is going to score, it's him.

Ait-Nouri - Did OK. A few blind alleys but caused West Spam a few problems.
Lemina - Took up some good positions. One good interception leading to Raul scoring but being ruled offside.
Raul - Seriously hope we keep him. A natural goalscorer and we need him. I'd only sell for stupid money.
Toti - OK.
Adama - I wish he'd show some interest in earning his money. At times utterly pathetic.

Overall, a vital win. West Ham looked miles away from the team of last season and again, this is testament to poor recruitment in the Summer. So important to get the right players with the right attitude. This is why I think we will survive.
You serious about Collins? He was abject and a disaster waiting to happen. And Nunes, poor? He made the bloody goal. Are you on the wind up?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the look of the table right now. Wolves out of bottom 3 and Chelsea and Liverpool out of the top 7! Would be happy if the season finished with those positions confirmed. Love to see the big boys put out of contention nearly as much as seeing us growing into a premier league force again.

Sedgleywolf

Groupie
Reaction score
lopetegui as instilled a new found confidence amongst the squad semedo was motm for me he seemed so much more positive than he did under lage

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You serious about Collins? He was abject and a disaster waiting to happen. And Nunes, poor? He made the bloody goal. Are you on the wind up?
Made the goal.... ha ha ha... it was a poor pass that took a deflection to fall into Podence's path. Made the goal.... LOL.
Collins played well against a difficult opponent. Clearly you're with Stevie Wonder.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are improving in some areas…..but very slowly. However a lot of fight in the lads today……they appear to believe in themselves again.

As for those who whine about Podence’s backflips or falling……..I DON‘T CARE. He’s scoring goals. He can play with a dead chicken around his neck for all I care.

Semedo and Collins looking more comfortable and confident.

We take too long to move the ball forward out of our end…..opposition have time to get back and regroup.

Adama seems tentative at times. It’s like he’s trying to decide what to do.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Made the goal.... ha ha ha... it was a poor pass that took a deflection to fall into Podence's path. Made the goal.... LOL.
Collins played well against a difficult opponent. Clearly you're with Stevie Wonder.
Nunes was excellent, bit more movement in front of him and he'd have contributed even more, there's a reason he's regularly linked with top teams. A shame you don't appreciate quality.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was crap and I think he'd tell you the same. Antonio turned him inside our second half. There's no scapegoating, most players had a good game, hence why we won but he didn't. It's that simple.
antonio is a nuisance, simple as. great learning experience.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just happy with the win it was needed . Out bottom 3 which is good . Going to be a tight finish to the season. Get the next two out the way abd then we need to pick up points ...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was one of our poorer performances under Julen to be honest, but we still deserved the win. Doesn’t matter how we got the win, we just really needed to get it - and we did.

Nelson was brilliant. Also special mention to Raul who has been written off by 95% of the fan base - he looked like old Raul today just like he did against Forest. Such a shame the goal was offside, superb finish.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa needs to work on his distribution if we're going to play out from the back and Collins needs to stop taking unnecessary risks. Lemina looks like a quality addition. We also need to learn how to manage the game when in front - couldn't keep possession for more than 10 seconds once we were ahead. Other than that I'm delighted...

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama a complete waste of a shirt. His only asset is gone.
Gone is a bit harsh! Doesn't seem quite as rapid as in previous years but Traore at 80% pace is still faster than most players.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think with Lemina coming in, once we get the right front 3 and they are settled, including a new CF, we can be a really good team.

A bit more confidence would mean a better tempo as West Ham were there for the taking today. If Semedo can keep attacking and putting balls across the box we are a poacher away from looking a serious outfit.

Also credit to the CB pairing who were excellent tonight.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking at the table, can’t believe we are still 3 points behind Forest. They just look so average every time I see them. Suprised in the mini resurgence from Ston this last week, they looked dead and buried. We have, on paper, a horrible next couple of games, so odds are we will slip back into the drop zone. If we could somehow get at least 2 points though from the next 2, that would be awesome.

Once these couple games are out the way I simply refuse to believe we won’t get more points that the likes of Everton, Bournemouth, and dare I say it West Ham and Leicester.

Today was such a huge, huge win.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with the win. Semedo was really good. Where did that performance come from? Kilman and Collins good. Lemina looked really good. Cunha I like but he needs to be playing off a no9. New signings on the way though and its a win. Tough games coming up now but we need to have a good go at LiVARpool and Man City as other sides have shown along with our performance at Anfield what can be done.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes was excellent, bit more movement in front of him and he'd have contributed even more, there's a reason he's regularly linked with top teams. A shame you don't appreciate quality.
Moutinho was far better than Nunes today and he only played 70 mins. Nunes is going nowhere if teams watch that performance from him.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive shout out for the back four today they were solid through out the game and when towards the game when they started to push forward more they stood up and kept a clean sheet!
Can't really remember Sa making a big save to be honest could be wrong?

Lemina will definitely bring something to the squad with Gomes coming in as well we have serious options in midfield and players to bring on off the bench to bring extra energy and quality which we saw today..

Back
Top Bottom