Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict thread vs West Ham

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive 3 points but made very hard work of beating a very , very poor side. Much work to be done. There are green shoots of recovery , we need those new signings to hit the ground running

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back four very good today it has to be said, Collins and Kilman especially imperious. Holding on for our lives at the end, but to be expected in a relegation scrap. Thought Podence was poor but took his goal well. Lemina showed his quality off the bench with only a day's training with the squad. Onwards and upwards.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent performance overall. Wouldn't start Hwang anymore, presses well but worthless other than that. Probably better bringing him on late to harry players. RAN looked good again. Better with Raul on as well. Lemina looks like he has been here a while, fitted in nicely, surely starts for Moutinho.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent performance. Semedo MOTM by a mile.

Lemons looked good. Moutinho played well too. Quiet game for Nunes. Not sure anyone actually played badly.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves outstanding nunes had positive moments and bad ones still not fully at PAC of prem and being pressed but made the goal for podence.

Podence hit an miss but he can score and finds the net so excellent

Cunha looks mustard but needs to be next to a striker
Didn't care how we won

Hwang played well but the front 3 there was clearly no right winger... We had nothing Infront of semedo

Lemina very astute signing will be our ndoaye looks a player

Adama looks a passenger and headless like his head has been turned ... Rather bring ran on

We won that's what we needed,

Southampton beat Everton
Forest beat leicester meaning there is now a gorup on 17 points.

Massive to try and get anything from city

Liverpool there for the taking Tuesday

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were the better side but invited pressure late on. Semedo is very guilty of killing the play with his back passes, and I wish we would not do so much tippy tippy at the back. If this is a measure of where Antonio is at then we should not be looking at him.
I thought Collins and Kilman looked reasonable allowing for Nathan's obligatory couple of poor passes. Nunes continues to look better and Pod and Cunha look like they could work well. Some of Buenos crosses are better than we have seen for years.
A brief cameo but Lemina looks like he could add some physicality.
Overall a deserved 3 points and a team starting to look like they can compete physically again.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird that. I thought defensively he did well, but going forward never looked to commit his man and just passed back
He had no one in front of him it's like hwang wasn't there. I though hwang bustled and had a decent game but there was no on on the far right.. ever

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
Lemina looked good, Semedo has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a bloody good player.

Clearly still bits to work on, but the improvements are huge.

Need to watch Rauls goal again as I am sure it came of a West Ham player, which means he can't be offside doesn't it?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive 3 points but made very hard work of beating a very , very poor side. Much work to be done. There are green shoots of recovery , we need those new signings to hit the ground running
Maybe slightly negative....surely not...but yes I thought West Ham were poor...or maybe only as good as we let them be?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 pts and a clean sheet, decent performances all round on the whole. Still need to be better in and around the box

Liked the look of Lemina when he came on

Last edited:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t give a **** how we played. For the record I thought we caused a lot of our own issues but I don’t ****ing care cos the 5.30pm game can be watched with ease. We cannot be in the bottom 3 after this round of games. To me that’s all it’s about. Performances will come but at present it’s about nowt but points on the board.

T

TheConcourse

Semedo looks way fitter. The whole team looks better.

It feels like we’re a quality striker away from being a very decent side again. Not sure Cunha should be the most advanced player. 99% sure that JL already knows.

Ahhh, it just feels good.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needed that to boost our confidence. Bottom line is that I thought we wanted it more than West Ham.

Sa - Didn't have much to do in all honesty.
Semedo - I've given him stick over the last few weeks, today he was much much better. Someone needs to get in his head and tell him he can play and not be frightened when he makes mistakes.
Collins - Apart from one moment of supidity, excellent game.
Kilman - Thought he played well.
Bueno - Thought he had a good game as well.
Nunes - Poor. Simply wants far too much time on the ball and needs to speed up his thought process to play at this level.
Neves - Unlucky not to grab our second goal and played well.
Mouts - Excellent first half.
Hwang - Poor first touch at times but is working for the team.
Cunha - Put himself about, got nothing from the ref and looked a quality addition.
Podence - Frustrated again but if anyone is going to score, it's him.

Ait-Nouri - Did OK. A few blind alleys but caused West Spam a few problems.
Lemina - Took up some good positions. One good interception leading to Raul scoring but being ruled offside.
Raul - Seriously hope we keep him. A natural goalscorer and we need him. I'd only sell for stupid money.
Toti - OK.
Adama - I wish he'd show some interest in earning his money. At times utterly pathetic.

Overall, a vital win. West Ham looked miles away from the team of last season and again, this is testament to poor recruitment in the Summer. So important to get the right players with the right attitude. This is why I think we will survive.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well first half,too defensive after the goal but understandable
Semedo MOTM for me
Cunha will be a player with some fitness but needs a CF with him
Lemina looked decent for only being here a day
Neves looked so much better once his shackles were released
Massive 3 points half the league in a relegation battle now

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That. Will. DO!

Great counter attacking goal to win it and with others slipping up puts us 2 clear.

Here’s to doing Liverpool on Tuesday and pushing on!

Back
Top Bottom