Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict thread vs West Ham

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo was fantastic. Deserved win.
He was very, very good indeed, and I thought Hwang was much improved as well (great challenge in the first half to prevent a good West Ham chance). Lemina looked like he's played for Wolves for years when he came on. The table though, Jesus, for only 5 points to separate 20th and 13th at the halfway stage is incredible.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Still made life hard for ourselves at times, passing about at the back, but the players battled for everything and we deserved a 2nd goal - unlucky with Neves hitting the woodwork and Jimenez very marginally offside. Great win and even better 3 points. Haha, Everton...

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking at the table, can’t believe we are still 3 points behind Forest. They just look so average every time I see them. Suprised in the mini resurgence from Ston this last week, they looked dead and buried. We have, on paper, a horrible next couple of games, so odds are we will slip back into the drop zone. If we could somehow get at least 2 points though from the next 2, that would be awesome.

Once these couple games are out the way I simply refuse to believe we won’t get more points that the likes of Everton, Bournemouth, and dare I say it West Ham and Leicester.

Today was such a huge, huge win.
West Ham??? We playing them three times in the league, then! :rolleyes:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what game you watched.
Easy for people to forget how poor he was since we kept a clean sheet, if we had conceded towards the end then a lot of people would have a different perspective. First half he did OK, second half could've give a goal away or two. He's improved recently but that doesn't have a baring on today.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Over the moon.

Feel like we played ourselves into danger too often with some dodgy distribution. Looking back any chances they had were from our own doing and it was a lot nervier than it should have been.

Playing out from the back will always scare the crap out of me - when it works and we carve them open it's great, but it gets very heart in mouth.

Hwang was good to great today and is a stronger, tidier player than before.

Think Lemina is going to be a very popular player.

Table looks a lot more positive tonight. I might have a beer

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our defenders aren't going to get through 90 minutes without making a mistake. It's one of the unfortunate things about playing against opponents, they force you into them. The important thing is they are able to deal with those mistakes as a team, and they looked more adept at that today. Semedo much better too.

Didn't really offer much from an attacking perspective with Hwang on the field but he does give you work rate and does his defensive duties well. Still pressing even just before he came off.

Liked the look of Lemina when he came on. Traore still doesn't look himself though, that burst of pace when in full flight just isn't quite there at the moment.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved. For all the West Ham "pressure" did Sa have anything of note to do?

Lemina looked good. Excited to see what Lopetegui can do when he gets his signings in.
I thought for all of the pressure they put on us late in that game, the back four/five and midfield three shielded Sa very well. It wasn't convincing the manner in which we held on, but at this stage we need to be fighting for every point to get out of the mess that Lage left us in. The vintage performances can come next season.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like most, you'd be singing a different tune if West Ham had scored after he stupidly tried to shield a ball out that was never going that far.
Sa should have been out of his goal for that. No idea how you can criticise Collins or Kilman after that performance.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely ****ing buzzing!!!
Had to work today and have spent the last couple of hours watching the scoreline on Flashscore.
The last 30 minutes I was an absolute bag of nerves and was shaking like a ****ting dog!!!
I can't work too many Saturdays when we're playing, as I usually watch every game one way or another and not watching today has actually made me feel sick!!! Lol
Well done to all the players and coaching staff, absolutely made up and looking forward to MOTD for once.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like most, you'd be singing a different tune if West Ham had scored after he stupidly tried to shield a ball out that was never going that far.

**** me. Just ignore all the clearances, passes out and everything else he did to contribute for a clean sheet and 3 points and pick on one error. Every player has an error in them, even the best, and luckily for us today, none of them cost us three points.

Glass half empty? Nah, your glass is smashed into tiny bits and you’ve run on it with bare feet… ;)

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After how down I felt on Wednesday this is heaven. We’ve beaten Everton & West Ham and those are the teams we need to take points off anyone else is a bonus. A couple more signings and the ever increasing influence of JL makes me so much more confident of survival. I’ve been critical of him often but I thought Semedo had a good game today and credit where it’s due. He obviously has it in him so perhaps JL can coax it out of him more often. A mention for Collins too he was bullied a few times today by Antonio mostly but he did his job adequately but he still worries me with mistakes. Up the league we go

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me. Just ignore all the clearances, passes out and everything else he did to contribute for a clean sheet and 3 points and pick on one error. Every player has an error in them, even the best, and luckily for us today, none of them cost us three points.

Glass half empty? Nah, your glass is smashed into tiny bits and you’ve run on it with bare feet… ;)
Honestly I can't believe he is getting stick, was one of the best players on the pitch and certainly upped his game since Lopetegui has come in!

Reaction score
He was crap and I think he'd tell you the same. Antonio turned him inside our second half. There's no scapegoating, most players had a good game, hence why we won but he didn't. It's that simple.
No one agress with you so I dont think Collins would say the same. Im not his biggest fan but last couple of games hes been good.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Delighted with result and it sounds like we're slowly improving and becoming more competitive by the game.
I don't want to say I told you so, but been banging on about Semedo (and Raul) being a good player who has had some poor performances recently and will get back to his best. Suspect the bad performances have been a combo of lack of confidence, injury and comedy coaching, it's amazing what a good coach can do.
I'm still hopeful Julen will help Jonny get his mojo back.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really solid tonight - the midfield were excellent, work rate, closing down and moving the ball really well - moutinho worked his **** off, and Lemina looked good when he came on.

Still short going forwards, Hwang works hard but offers no goal threat or creativity, and Cunha needs someone to play off. I’ve been really critical of Pod in the past, but he’s really stepped up his goal threat since JLo came along - long May it continue!

Motm Collins - absolutely brilliant in defence, had Antonio in his pocket the whole game.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy for people to forget how poor he was since we kept a clean sheet, if we had conceded towards the end then a lot of people would have a different perspective. First half he did OK, second half could've give a goal away or two. He's improved recently but that doesn't have a baring on today.
Ok but he’s not the disaster today you said he was. No one is saying he was perfect…..none of them were

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you all know I think in general Semedo is a waste of good oxygen. But to be fair to the lad he was excellent today, I would say it was his best game in a wolves shirt.

The tippy tappy in the box worries the hell out of me to be honest. But the centre backs were generally very good.

I thought Cuhna was a but slow at first. But you can see he has some skill and good ball control. But he did put a shift in and I think he looks a good buy even if over priced. He needs half a dozen games to get upto speed but he did well.

More to the point, 3 points were vital.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
c5239a2ff905e5ac18c1f8ac41107fd0.png

2 points between 20th and 14th now. Forest clawing wins like Bournemouth did before the World Cup but they'll be back in it by law of averages. Palace have a ridiculous run over the next 10 games as well - Chelsea (A), Man United (H), Newcastle (H), Man United (A), Brighton (H), Brentford (A), Liverpool (H), Villa (A), Man City (H), Arsenal (A) - they could genuinely come away with zero wins from that run and suddenly be right in it.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One small complaint. I'm not keen on this going 5 at the back towards the back end of games. It makes us too defensive and we sit too deep as a result.
Tbf, we did have chances and forward breaks even when set up with a back 5.

Edmund Dantes

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Deserved the win. I thought we player particularly well between the 70th and 85th minute. I like that we didn't try to sit on a 1-0 lead and kept going forward.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa should have been out of his goal for that. No idea how you can criticise Collins or Kilman after that performance.
Kilman played well, Collins was extremely shaky. Agree on Sa, not sure what's going on with his distribution too.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh still learning new tactics and getting fitter. Plus some of the players won't get to the level required to play how Julen wants.
Thanks WFKWolf, was torture not being at the game, or even watching!

Back
Top Bottom