Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict- Chelsea v Wolves

R

reanswolf

Tbf it was a great tackle by Donk for Trincao's goal. Gets a lot of stick unnecessarily at times.
No mate, he justifiably gets a lot of stick, but also people (including me) should and do try to give credit when its due.
Yesterday he was poor but last 15 minutes he found great energy and zest like his first season.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

The thing is when you have someone up front who will attack it's amazing how much better the players play. With no one up there the ball doesn't stick, and it's why sideways and backwards passing happens. Because why would you pass forwards and just have the ball come back at you?
Chiquinho, Neto with Raul in the middle, and Trincao just behind for Man City, and just give it a right go. It doesn't matter if we lose now!

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half we looked okay, not much possession but missed two guilt edged chances on the break. After a madly poor two goals in quick succession 2nd half to give away we were rocked for 10 or 15. After that though, we looked bright and positive, particularly after the subs. That's the first time though this season that we've changed to a 4 and looked better for it - previously we hadn't. Overall really pleased and we needed that after the last few weeks - at least we showed some fight and bottle like that and quality when we needed it, definitely want to see more of Chiquinho.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf it was a great tackle by Donk for Trincao's goal. Gets a lot of stick unnecessarily at times.
I agree.

He's actually a really good holding player. I don't know who's idea it is for him to play further up the field but it's crazy! Whether it's his or Bruno's desire?

I know he got a few a couple of seasons back but he's a defensive minded midfielder in my mind

D

Deleted member drgr12429

First half we looked okay, not much possession but missed two guilt edged chances on the break. After a madly poor two goals in quick succession 2nd half to give away we were rocked for 10 or 15. After that though, we looked bright and positive, particularly after the subs. That's the first time though this season that we've changed to a 4 and looked better for it - previously we hadn't. Overall really pleased and we needed that after the last few weeks - at least we showed some fight and bottle like that and quality when we needed it, definitely want to see more of Chiquinho.
We didn't change to a 4. Jonny played as a full/centre back and Chiquinho played as a rwb. Donk and Joao as a 2 man midfield, with Trincao, Hwang, Raul up front, with Chiquinho and Rayan pushing higher up as WB's.
Hopefully we play the same system against MC, with maybe Neto to start instead of Hwang.

R

reanswolf

Great lad, but at the end of the day the languid performances especially v Brighton hurt everyone. Neutral commentators were saying it was "an on the beach performance" as much as some fans.
Anyway, lets hope we can win one of the last three games.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times in the last few years has Coady picked the ball up in his own half, started a move off, then carried on running forward and got on the end of a cross to finish the move off?!

I can't think of any more, but I definitely want to see more of it.

More risk taking all round will lead to more goals scored. Maybe not for when it's level, but we should definitely be doing more of this when we're losing!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How weird was it that, on Match of the Day we got to see more Wolves chances / shots during the after game punditry highlights, than in the match highlights themselves. Ok they only used them to demonstrate "how bad" Chelsea were but it shows how the game highlights cant be viewed as a gospel representation of the game.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times in the last few years has Coady picked the ball up in his own half, started a move off, then carried on running forward and got on the end of a cross to finish the move off?!

More risk taking all round will lead to more goals scored. Maybe not for when it's level, but we should definitely be doing more of this when we're losing!
Well said.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

More risk taking all round will likely lead to more goals conceded too, that's the problem. Can we guarantee that we score more additionally than we leak?

Hence l agree with your comment about when we are behind, albeit not necessarily immediately that happens.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More risk taking all round will likely lead to more goals conceded too, that's the problem. Can we guarantee that we score more additionally than we leak?

Hence l agree with your comment about when we are behind, albeit not necessarily immediately that happens.

Yeah, I think that's been the main frustration about when we go behind. Generally, we are quite a risk adverse team, but we don't tend to do anything differently to try and get back into a game we are behind in.

Saturday was different. It could easily have been 3 or 4 before we pulled the first one back. But better to go down swinging, as we found, there's always a chance!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that's been the main frustration about when we go behind. Generally, we are quite a risk adverse team, but we don't tend to do anything differently to try and get back into a game we are behind in.

Saturday was different. It could easily have been 3 or 4 before we pulled the first one back. But better to go down swinging, as we found, there's always a chance!
See also the Vile away.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When he does get into the box his strike rate is very impressive, he got that England goal as well.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He will be doing the Full Maradonna next. Picking the ball up in his own half, then beating all 10 opponents before calmly slotting the ball past the keeper. :D We definitely want to see it!

Back
Top Bottom