Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict- Chelsea v Wolves

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not a bad team, we are suffering from a combination of very low confidence and stagnation. The changes made and the goal brought so much confidence you could see it in every player. We were 5 yards further up the field and the belief was there. Players like Chiquinho can automatically spread energy just by their effort and enthusiasm.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see a bit of fight shown after the disgraceful capitulation last week. Shame for the soft goals as per our recent form, else we'd have walked away with all 3pts!

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I am claiming full responsibility for winning us a point today.

At 2-0 down I did what I’ve only ever done a couple of times and turned it off.

Completely predictably we then turn it on and bag ourselves a terrific point.

Team: 08/10
Tony Roberts: 9/10
San FranWolf 10/10

If anyone from the club is reading this, I’m available for post game interviews, however I’ll be wearing a paper bag on my head to save the embarrassment of all the other Wolves supporting members of my family.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
The futures of Saiss & Trinc must be known by now. If one or both are moving on, totally wrong if they feature in the last 3 games. Coady on Final Score has just mentioned they aware of Chiq's potential & talent in day-to-day training. He must start, without any pressure / great expectations from the fans.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great finish for the last 20 or so.
The lads played with fight and determination to earn a draw. They played football despite the coach’s coaching. The players played for themselves, for their own sense of pride and not for anybody else.

Chelsea feel that they lost…….next season I want every club to feel lucky if the draw with Wolves.
Were involved in the build up to this game then. You'll be claiming the credit for the result and performance next. Was it you who dictated the substitutions ? Thought not.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The futures of Saiss & Trinc must be known by now. If one or both are moving on, totally wrong if they feature in the last 3 games. Coady on Final Score has just mentioned they aware of Chiq's potential & talent in day-to-day training. He must start, without any pressure / great expectations from the fans.

I don't think he is anywhere near ready to start. He is raw as **** and coming on with a game gone after 70 minutes is vey different to starting.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he is anywhere near ready to start. He is raw as **** and coming on with a game gone after 70 minutes is vey different to starting.
Toti was raw as **** and look how well he played. What evidence do we have that Chiquinho isn't good enough to start? And if it turns out that he isn't, for whatever reason, we do have subs.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So difficult to predict what this team is going to do. Was anticipating a sound beating. Obviously delighted with the draw. Will be interesting to see what we do against Man City.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
What a difference it makes when we try to play on the front foot and with a bit of urgency!

Very impressed with the directness of Chiquinho. He's still young so there will be times where he makes the wrong decision, but when he whips the ball into dangerous areas with pace it must be a nightmare to defend against. That first time cross was superb, and his direct run off the ball leading to the confusion in the Chelsea defence was vital to give Trincao space / time for the first goal.

Talking of which, very pleased for Trincao too with his goal - there's clearly a player in there but over the course of the season he hasn't had enough impact.

I hope we approach the last 3 games of the season in the same way we approached the first 3 and the last 20 mins today. At least that style offers a vision and purpose, rather than being passive and "competing".

If that means dropping a few of the old guard who don't want to / can't adapt, so be it - a squad refresh is required this summer regardless.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't seen the penalty yet but the Guardian says about it "a penalty was mystifyingly given by VAR for a tangle between Romain Saïss and Romelu Lukaku that seemed neither inside the box nor a foul."
Must admit my first reaction was definite pen and stupid by Saiss,but after watching it back a few times it was no penalty it was outside the box
Saiss was in the box but Lukaku wasnt
That aside, and apart from that 10/15 minute spell after HT, i thought we played really well
At least we stood up and fought even if several players were poor
Neves miles off the pace,Mouts too slow,Saiss all over the place,Coady so slow and poor passing,Raul stilll not at the races but admittedly better today,Donk poor for an hour
Sa keeping us in it with 3/4 great saves
Then we pull the switch and what a difference last half hour
Ripped them apart time and again,Trincao scores a beauty and tackles back,who would have thought it eh?
Chinqo shows how to run at teams and cross the ball
Coady goes CF and shows Raul how its done
Unbelievable,Wolves Ay We

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So difficult to predict what this team is going to do. Was anticipating a sound beating. Obviously delighted with the draw. Will be interesting to see what we do against Man City.
We just need to go out with the mindset to beat them and try to do so from the first minute.

It‘s a free hit.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like the players are playing for Lage and each other despite the wannabe itk on here telling us otherwise

Well done Wolves
This!! Some gimp who loves the sound of his own voice puts a YouTube/Twitter “I love myself” post up without foundation to get a few likes.

Bruno revaluation!!! Dump the 5, go with 4 and attack!!!

Rumours of a decent spending spree by fosun as well in the summer!!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
After a very Nuno first half where we could easily have been ahead, we shoot ourselves in the foot and then fall apart mentally as we never equalise anyway.

Then somehow from nowhere (well maybe Chiquinho's attitude) the game is turned on its head. We've gone from 532 to 424 and Chelsea's shorts turn brown.

Crazy game, but brilliant finish, Coady has his faults, but passion isn't one of them

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
OK first half, other than lack of composure in front of goal. Rubbish 3rd quarter, but great final 15mins! Classic Saiss error/penalty and his injury will give Toti another opportunity - which is a good thing if Saiss isn't signing a new contract. Great goal from Trincão - but he'll need to take a big pay cut if he's going to stay. Great seeing Chiquinho - more please! MOTM for me is probably Sa, made some great saves and commanded his area well to keep us (kind of) in the game. Hopefully this result blows away some cobwebs and we have a good final couple of performances...

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great finish for the last 20 or so.
The lads played with fight and determination to earn a draw. They played football despite the coach’s coaching. The players played for themselves, for their own sense of pride and not for anybody else.

Chelsea feel that they lost…….next season I want every club to feel lucky if the draw with Wolves.
I usually agree with you but to suggest this performance was despite Bruno's coaching is complete hyperbolic *******s. We have had quite a few performances of this style, not for a little while I admit.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overall, a good performance let down by two stupid errors.

We could have had 2in the first half If Donk and RAN were more composed.

That last twenty minutes though.

And great to see everyone piling in with the equaliser

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't seen the penalty yet but the Guardian says about it "a penalty was mystifyingly given by VAR for a tangle between Romain Saïss and Romelu Lukaku that seemed neither inside the box nor a foul."
Just had a text off @Hot Fuss at the game saying clearly not a penalty just VAR favouring the Sky 6 as usual.;)

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Usually, I might be in agreement but then I see the source.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does it? Could just as easily be interpreted as them playing better as Lage wasn't around today.
Well he may have used semaphore but I think it more than likely he used these new cellular telephone thingies to communicate with Tony and the bench.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not an accurate description, Saiss's legs were in the box, it was soft but he did kick out and catch Lukaku who was already on the way down! It was a little reminiscent of Beckham though not as forceful.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 games to go on 50pts nothing to play for either end of the table. Let’s give some fringe players some game time. Gotta find out if Chiquino, Mosquera, Cundle & Toti can cut the PL. if we don’t do it what an opportunity wasted. Let’s not concentrate on any results just giving these guys some game time.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Credit Trincao also for not only smashing in a super strike but chasing back to win the ball more than once. If he played like that every game he would certainly be a keeper.
I don't think he'd replace Sa, though.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely bloody brilliant! We earned our point playing Bruno ball!. Chiquinho… who needs Traore?! Lol
We need two players for every position for competition and cover, so I would be delighted if we had both Chiquinho and Traore available for the RW/ inside right position.

Back
Top Bottom