Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Veggie pies.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome back veggie balti pies. Last week it was Morrocan chick pea pies. And two other choices as well. Suddenly its fun again being veggie at the Mol. Not sure about the prices though...

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Agree, gotta say in general veggie options at football are miles better. Used to be quite annoying when all I could have was a cheese and onion pasty.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Food in general is miles better with the new caterers.
The sausage rolls in particular are amazing however, despite this revelation in flavour and taste the food is being served much too hot, this is ruining the product as everything is too dry and crispy.
Beside being dangerous in the mouth and tongue.

Anyone else had the same experience? I’m in there soon for a meeting and will mention this if I’m not alone in experiencing this.

D

Deleted member 4456

The sausage rolls in particular are amazing however, despite this revelation in flavour and taste the food is being served much too hot, this is ruining the product as everything is too dry and crispy.

Anyone else had the same experience? I’m in there soon for a meeting and will mention this if I’m not alone in experiencing this.
Everything I've had has been great so far. The wrap I had yesterday was superb.

W

wolvesultra

Poor choice outside the ground now (seems they’ve ****ed off all the bog standard independent Mr Sizzles etc and replaced them with the over hyped/over priced new caterers own vans). All “gourmet” with Italian/Mexican themed etc.

Niece wanted some plain and simple chips yesterday walked round the whole ground and couldn’t get any.

Lack of choice inside the ground on the ‘treat’ front too. No chocolate bars/packs only popcorn!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It will have to be served solar hot for health and safety reasons re food poisoning which I guess in this instance trump's the health and safety around third degree burns in your mouth.....anyway, I am sure they cannot be near the near arc furnace temperature of an old styleee MacDonalds apple pie...:eek:

D

Deleted member 4456

Poor choice outside the ground now (seems they’ve ****ed off all the bog standard independent Mr Sizzles etc and replaced them with the over hyped/over priced new caterers own vans). All “gourmet” with Italian/Mexican themed etc.

Niece wanted some plain and simple chips yesterday walked round the whole ground and couldn’t get any.

Lack of choice inside the ground on the ‘treat’ front too. No chocolate bars/packs only popcorn!
The club is supposed to be promoting the idea of a healthy lifestyle through sport and healthy eating. Chips and chocolate bars don't really come into that.

db86

Groupie
Reaction score
Was starving Monday night...had to settle for a sausage roll.

Bloody awful and binned half of it...well and truly had my pants pulled down at £4 or whatever it was as well.

db86

Groupie
Reaction score
The club is supposed to be promoting the idea of a healthy lifestyle through sport and healthy eating. Chips and chocolate bars don't really come into that.

Like ultra said...key word being treat!

Promoting a healthy Lifestyle.... but it's ok for the club to sell pies, burgers, alcohol and sausages which I bet the latter has awful actual meat content.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mr. Sizzle was by the subway. However I will miss the van outside the South Bank (Waterloo Road side) as it was always the quickest and could dash to it just before going in.

Did notice they’re serving beer outside now too. Good start but it’s basically the same choice of drinks as what’s inside - what’s the point?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Poor choice outside the ground is probably a tactic to get people in the ground earlier. Think about it right, spend £20 on beer in town then grab a mr sizzle on the way in, OR grab food in the ground and have a couple of pints on the concourse, which is better for Wolves?

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree. I had a pie at the Utd game and it was so hot the first bite blistered my lip. It still hasn't healed properly yet.

D

Deleted member 4456

Like ultra said...key word being treat!

Promoting a healthy Lifestyle.... but it's ok for the club to sell pies, burgers, alcohol and sausages which I bet the latter has awful actual meat content.
If you want a chocolate bar, ASDA has plenty of them. If that's the sort of treat you want, nobody's stopping you from getting one. I don't eat pork so I can't comment on the sausages, but from seeing the hot dogs that people eat around me, they look miles better than the old, artificial-looking ones. Could you imagine the reaction if the club banned all alcohol sales as well?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When eating a pie you have to bite a hole in the pastry and give it five minutes so you dont burn your mouth off. I thought that was always the case? Same as getting an apple pie at Mcdonalds.

W

wolvesultra

Poor choice outside the ground is probably a tactic to get people in the ground earlier. Think about it right, spend £20 on beer in town then grab a mr sizzle on the way in, OR grab food in the ground and have a couple of pints on the concourse, which is better for Wolves?
It’s no different outside or in the same caterers have the contract for both. They’ve effectively got rid of all the outside caterers (from the immediate vicinity anyway) and replaced them with stalls that are just run by the inside catering company.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

2 Mr sizzles parked by subway yesterday, got me daughter chips n curry sauce of the other burger bar, next to the bar.

W

wolvesultra

But popcorn, pies, chicken tikki and alcohol are?

Don’t even try to make out it has anything all to do with promoting healthy living. It’s all to do with promoting the new caterers choices and nothing more.

Weren’t the club recently giving out big chocolate bars (as part of a Cadbury’s promotion) to kids doing that kick thing outside the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolvesultra

If you want a chocolate bar, ASDA has plenty of them. If that's the sort of treat you want, nobody's stopping you from getting one. I don't eat pork so I can't comment on the sausages, but from seeing the hot dogs that people eat around me, they look miles better than the old, artificial-looking ones. Could you imagine the reaction if the club banned all alcohol sales as well?
You can’t go to Asda when you’re already in the ground idiot!

Anyway what’s your problem they (pumpkins at least) wanted feedback they’re getting it.

W

wolvesultra

2 Mr sizzles parked by subway yesterday, got me daughter chips n curry sauce of the other burger bar, next to the bar.
No mr sizzles within the direct vicinity of the ground ie on Wolves land I saw granted didn’t come through subway so may have missed if it was the ones right by the subway. The independent vans right by southbsnk turnstiles, down by northbank and by ticket office all been replaced by new catering companies own vans.

D

Deleted member 4456

You can’t go to Asda when you’re already in the ground idiot!

Anyway what’s your problem they (pumpkins at least) wanted feedback they’re getting it.
It didn't take Einstein to realise that I meant before you go into the ground, surely?

W

wolvesultra

It didn't take Einstein to realise that I meant before you go into the ground, surely?
Doesn’t help when you’re already in the ground expecting to be able to purchase the same treat you have for years

Also with heat like yesterday why would you want to buy chocolate to melt!

And again they want feedback, surely people spending money at Asda instead of spending money in the ground is the kind of thing they may want to know about.

W

wolvesultra

Mr. Sizzle was by the subway. However I will miss the van outside the South Bank (Waterloo Road side) as it was always the quickest and could dash to it just before going in.

Did notice they’re serving beer outside now too. Good start but it’s basically the same choice of drinks as what’s inside - what’s the point?
The bar outside was part of the supposed ‘fan park’ don’t think it’s always going to be there.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I will stick cask beer and decent nosy in town. Will bring in own water at 2 Quid a bottle on hot too!

I wish we had facilities like land down stand at Bristol cask beer loads if tills loads of space

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do they still do a pie and pint 'deal'. I always say I aint getting a pint in ground but always do. £4 odd for a can of banks' does take the **** mind.
I did go to get a wrap before kick off europa game but they didnt have any

S

ShropshireLad

Welcome back veggie balti pies. Last week it was Morrocan chick pea pies. And two other choices as well. Suddenly its fun again being veggie at the Mol. Not sure about the prices though...
I would have had one but I only had my non-tap-in card with me. I was starving at half time and didn't get home until 10:00 pm. :(

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
When do we get gray peas and bacon?
I'll pass it on! If I recall correctly, at the focus group we did we sampled a sausage roll with a pork scratching crumb, not sure that's been available yet though.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is the balti van by the subway still there? It was Fantasticooooo food last time I had one.

B63 Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m old school and like a few ales and sweaty cheese and onion cob wrapped in clingfilm from a pub on the way in. Can be partial to a Bovril in the ground during winter matches though. A stinking combination at best but the obligatory walk back via a few pubs with more ales and finally a curry leaves my better half with a look of impending doom on her face.

Back
Top Bottom