Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unpopular opinions

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Golden Generation didn't fail because of lack of team spirit or tactics, they failed because many were overrated players carried at club level by superior foreign players.
Amen. Although my analysis is slightly different. In each of their teams there was a creative player (maybe bar Scholes at Utd?) in the number 10 role or similar who actually provided the magic. Without a magic man to break through the best defenses they were just very high quality workmanlike players. That's all of them, including 'Becks' and Gerrard.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick McCarthy is not funny
Nenad Milijas was class
John Ruddy is nowhere near Premier League standard
Tomasz Frankowski was a very good football player, just the case of a wrong man/wrong time at Wolves
The new Spurs stadium is awful
Hmm
Yes!
He is PL standard as back-up
Maybe
Yes

I like this thread. It has a cathartic, say it without judgement quality. Which is refreshing, not just here but on t'internet in general.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I consider rugby to be a boring stop-start game of disorganized chaos.

I have a friend who has just got into the game and says it's great because the ref is connected to sound and tells you everything that's going on.

So I say, so without him you wouldn't have a clue? :expressionless:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Amen. Although my analysis is slightly different. In each of their teams there was a creative player (maybe bar Scholes at Utd?) in the number 10 role or similar who actually provided the magic. Without a magic man to break through the best defenses they were just very high quality workmanlike players. That's all of them, including 'Becks' and Gerrard.
I think Becks became a little underrated by the end because people just associated him with modelling but yeah if you can't adapt to play next to another player (Rio & Terry, Gerrard/"Lamps"/Scholes) or you flop hugely constantly (Rooney) then sorry but you are a bit overrated. Ashley Cole was the best player of that generation btw

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that publicising the bomb squad was a small minded and nasty act, intended to humiliate those who were on it. I never understood how Davis and Forde managed to get put on it. I really disliked Jackett for this.

George Elokobi should have been on the Munster front row.

Mick McCarthy and Neil Warnock were under-rated managers.

I think there is still a place at Wolves for Matt Doherty (and there was and is always one for Diogo Jota).

I see the January transfer window as a general desperate throw of the dice activity for clubs experiencing difficulties. Unless we pick up someone on a loan with an option to buy then with Neto and Jonny to return to the team/squad I would settle for no transfer activity until next summer.

For the most part Association Football referees are the best in any spectator sport I watch.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Golden Generation didn't fail because of lack of team spirit or tactics, they failed because many were overrated players carried at club level by superior foreign players.
And because we played 2 in centre mid

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. I like Millwall in a way, but for the opposite reason: because they're 'orrible. They do do good stuff in their community, true; but I like how they're the distillation of Wolves, Blues and Stoke, in that they're a uniquely working class London club, they're tough and are proud of it. I saw them play Colchester a few years back and they made a right din.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Bull -legend on the football field and absolutely arrogant knobhead off it. Very good at being a different bloke in front of camera than off it.
Really? I never would have thought that to be honest.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? I never would have thought that to be honest.
I’ve met him a couple of times Uber arrogant depending on his “audience”.

I also got involved with a charity for a young girl who had cancer and needed to go to the USA for treatment. Matt Murray, Naylor, Jody Craddock, Mo Camara, Lescott all played and donated raffle prizes etc, they wouldn’t even have petrol money. Bully wanted £500 just to turn up.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I also got involved with a charity for a young girl who had cancer and needed to go to the USA for treatment. Matt Murray, Naylor, Jody Craddock, Mo Camara, Lescott all played and donated raffle prizes etc, they wouldn’t even have petrol money. Bully wanted £500 just to turn up.
They do say you should never meet your heroes mate.
I've heard a few derogatory things about him from people who've met him in person, though a relative who has worked at Molineux recently and has spent some time around him on a matchday, reckons he's sound.

Nivada

Reaction score
They do say you should never meet your heroes mate.
I've heard a few derogatory things about him from people who've met him in person, though a relative who has worked at Molineux recently and has spent some time around him on a matchday, reckons he's sound.
Nobody's perfect and we all make mistakes.

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score

Reminds me of my nephews under 10s football team that tried to book bully for a presentation and he basically priced them out on purpose but goodman was happy to do it for pretty much nothing.

Sampford Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Steven Gerrard was hugely overrated as a player.

Lionel Messi isn't even the best ever Argentine player of all time.

Going to matches ten years ago shouldn't give you automatic right to tickets now.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do agree on Bully. As a player, I adore him, as a person, I wouldn't waste my **** on him if he was on fire.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wow, that's really sad to hear. They do say you shouldn't meet your heroes because they'll end up disappointing you. Maybe I'll remember that if I ever do meet Bully!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steven Gerrard was hugely overrated as a player.

Lionel Messi isn't even the best ever Argentine player of all time.

Going to matches ten years ago shouldn't give you automatic right to tickets now.
I remember thinking when I was younger that a lot of Gerrard's goals were hit and hope, however I've done a 180 on that in recent years and I actually think he was quite good now.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me of my nephews under 10s football team that tried to book bully for a presentation and he basically priced them out on purpose but goodman was happy to do it for pretty much nothing.
I reckon since retirement, Goodman has done a lot better financially than Bully, so probably doesn't need the money that much. I'm not defending Bully as some of the stories on here don't paint him in the best light, but perhaps he's a little hard up in relation to his peers.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang isn't actually a very good footballer. He just has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, with a decent finish.
Yeah….2 easy-as-pie tp ins and two good goals. Even Traore got two goals against City……but that’s in the past.
I doubt Hwang will break double digits in goals AND assists this season.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I reckon since retirement, Goodman has done a lot better financially than Bully, so probably doesn't need the money that much. I'm not defending Bully as some of the stories on here don't paint him in the best light, but perhaps he's a little hard up in relation to his peers.
Met Don numerous times, very down to earth and intelligent. Think he is a sold comm as well.

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score
I understand to a certain degree but still left a sour taste as it wasn't a crap amount he was offered.

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score
Wow, that's really sad to hear. They do say you shouldn't meet your heroes because they'll end up disappointing you. Maybe I'll remember that if I ever do meet Bully!
It's not sad though is it because according to you he hasn't done well after football so he needs the £500?I'm sure Bully had/has a restaurant aswell so doubt he's skint.

Back
Top Bottom