Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Uk Football Grounds you can see from Motorways

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if there is still a stadium there and haven't been there for many years, but maybe Bury's Gigg lane. It is just a guess and I am probably wrong.

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd need to go out in the car to confirm my suspicions but I think you can see St James’ Park, Newcastle, from the Tyne Bridge A167(M), and possibly even from the Jesmond end of the A1058(M) which is certainly the more tenuous motorway.
You can see it from the A1.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can see it from the A1.
Don’t want to be too pedantic, but seeing as I’m nerdy enough to call out the 100 metres or so of the coast road that’s still got blue Motorway signage, I don’t believe the Western Bypass has motorway classification ;)

Think the A1(M) designation finishes at J65 for the A194(M).

That said, I’ve been out past the Angel maybe three times in the last 12 months so happy to be proven wrong! Tend to pay the money to use the tunnel these days instead.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think at night you can see the lights at smallsall, the vile and some dump in sandwell on the m6.
don`t try this if driving!

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Don’t want to be too pedantic, but seeing as I’m nerdy enough to call out the 100 metres or so of the coast road that’s still got blue Motorway signage, I don’t believe the Western Bypass has motorway classification ;)

Think the A1(M) designation finishes at J65 for the A194(M).

That said, I’ve been out past the Angel maybe three times in the last 12 months so happy to be proven wrong! Tend to pay the money to use the tunnel these days instead.
Well you certainly can’t see it from in the tunnel!!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol Rovers were my first thought on this! It's the M32 so definitely a motorway, built by around 1975. Don't think I've ever seen any ground closer to a motorway than Eastville was. Lived a stones throw from there for a while in early 90's. The stadium was still there for a few years, though Rovers had already vacated and it was a greyhound stadium. Used to walk through it quite often, it was in a state of decay. Eventually got pulled down and replaced by Ikea.
eastville.jpg

Above, Eastville visible on the left (1949-1970 OS map) - On the right you can see the M32 (with the new IKEA store is where the ground used to be).

So, indeed, you can see just how close it was.... (see below)

eastville2.jpg

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can nearly see the railway station from Kiddy Harriers ground.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Westfalenstadion.
The B1, Hitler's first motorway, goes through the centre of Dortmund, right by the ground.
Ok Sid, if we are going to go European, I can add 1 Fc Koeln, the wretched Bayer Leverkusen, Ajax, Sparta Rotterdam and Feyenoord. Rheims, Metz and Stade de France too.

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Done many journeys through France, always seem to miss the grounds lol.
Actually we might have seen Rennes enroute to Brittany/Vendeé
You drive under PSG ground. A bit of an experience

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is that similar to the Ajax ground with its under the pitch car park?
I’ve not seen the Ajax ground.
PSG ground has a dual carriageway with exits running underneath. I didn’t really take it in as I was lost in my camper van in rush hour traffic and sat nav packed up as we went under

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cliftonville fc (Solitude cliftonville rd) Crusaders fc (Seaview Shore rd) Glentoran (The Oval Sydenham bypass)
Linfield fc or Northern Ireland (Windsor park M1)

Nivada

Reaction score
Celtic's ground, you can see Stonehenge clearly from the A303.

Back
Top Bottom