Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think it's anything like County's first team though. I saw a quote from the manager saying he hoped a few would set him problems, suggesting it's mainly reserves.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well... that was on odd game. Two chances two goals. Its not much of an exaggeration to say they were the only times we had any players in the opposition penalty area. But somehow Notts County failed to make the most of all that possession, and in truth in the second half they didnt really create very much. So job done I suppose. i wonder if the first team will set up like that on Saturday?

Fraser had an age to bring the ball down for his goal but he struck it so well from quiet a tight angle - thats what a striker needs to do. You would have no idea from that game about him as player really apart from the fact thae when the chance came he knows how to finish it. He really barely touched the ball.

Quite disappointed with Whittingham after what I had read about him, Josh Essen was much better when he came on for him. As usual Kandola looked very stromg and calm in possession of the ball but not great in the air. Farmer is no kind of winger. Jordao was not particularly good. I dont think our tactics or set up helped players to shine really mind you.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well... that was on odd game. Two chances two goals. Its not much of an exaggeration to say they were the only times we had any players in the opposition penalty area. But somehow Notts County failed to make the most of all that possession, and in truth in the second half they didnt really create very much. So job done I suppose. i wonder if the first team will set up like that on Saturday?

Fraser had an age to bring the ball down for his goal but he struck it so well from quiet a tight angle - thats what a striker needs to do. You would have no idea from that game about him as player really apart from the fact thae when the chance came he knows how to finish it. He really barely touched the ball.

Quite disappointed with Whittingham after what I had read about him, Josh Essen was much better when he came on for him. As usual Kandola looked very stromg and calm in possession of the ball but not great in the air. Farmer is no kind of winger. Jordao was not particularly good. I dont think our tactics or set up helped players to shine really mind you.
Defensively we were well set up and absorbed pressure well. We got away with a few but I was pleased with the game.

First Papps John's game live and utterly enjoyed it.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it's anything like County's first team though. I saw a quote from the manager saying he hoped a few would set him problems, suggesting it's mainly reserves.

4 of the starting 11 started the previous league game (that's the limit in the rules - they can't go lower than that), and 5 were on the bench in the previous league game, so 9 of the 11 were typically 1st team matchday squad.

But yes, not strictly their first choice starting 11.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The highlights on our OS have an extra minute or so.

The first goal is even more impressive when you see the initial pressing.

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“Under-21s win 23 per cent of their games in the competition,” says Collins. “They’re hard games for under-21s to play in. We set our lads up to have a real go and look to buck that trend a bit. Our record is about 46 per cent, so I’m proud of that.

“The experience the lads get to play against League opposition is invaluable because the reality is that’s where most of them will get their first taste of adult football. Hopefully, it gives scouts at the game a sign that these boys can stand up to it which hopefully means, come January, that one or two of them will get a chance.”

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't bet, but if I did I would put a small wager that, over time, Nathan Fraser will score more goals for Wolves than Fabio Silva.
When Fabio was the age Fraser is now Fabio had already scored 4 and assisted 3 in the PL

Fraser is yet to make a PL appearance.

I'm not saying Fraser won't surpass Fabio, but i think sometimes people lose a bit of perspective when talking about Fabio.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Fabio was the age Fraser is now Fabio had already scored 4 and assisted 3 in the PL

Fraser is yet to make a PL appearance.

I'm not saying Fraser won't surpass Fabio, but i think sometimes people lose a bit of perspective when talking about Fabio.
How many goals has Silva scored for us since then?

Back
Top Bottom