Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ojinnaka is an absolute beast! On another note, has Enso scored at all yet? Like the look of Holman too, wouldn't have minded seeing a bit of him in the first team when we were struggling.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very much hope we can keep him. He should see there is a good pathway here. We dont want to be losing too many of these young lads. He is getting a great opportunity in the u23's now and first team squad. Would be a real shame if he goes elsewhere.

We’re doing everything we can but the lure of Man U is strong I’m afraid

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't remember a year where we might lose so many youth players to other teams, or have I just not paid enough attention previously?

If I’m honest…. in the past we haven’t had much worth losing and therefore we haven’t necessarily lost too many.

That said across all clubs movement has definitely ramped up, it’s not unique to us… in fact we’ve taken quite a few ourselves.

For category one clubs, the core movement period is 13-15/16 before the lads are signed up as scholars at their existing clubs

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I’m honest…. in the past we haven’t had much worth losing and therefore we haven’t necessarily lost too many.

That said across all clubs movement has definitely ramped up, it’s not unique to us… in fact we’ve taken quite a few ourselves.

For category one clubs, the core movement period is 13-15/16 before the lads are signed up as scholars at their existing clubs
noticed that Ojinnaka is 19. Does that mean a substantial fee if he is transferred??

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re doing everything we can but the lure of Man U is strong I’m afraid

TBH Man Utd have a better record with young players. Wolves fans expect them to play like 25 year seasoned pros right away in the first team or they are deemed not good enough ever for us, same with our recent managers too.

It would be a shame that the big clubs can just waltz in and take our best prospects but we don't have that good of a record of actually giving young players a chance either.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is 16 in two weeks. Can we sign him on an extension then?

This summer he'd be due on the next intake of scholars (two year scholarship), once they turn 17 they can sign pro.

Which is why most post earlier said 13-15/16 is the prime switching time that clubs look to target players. That said, as we've seen with Brayden Clarke, having a scholarship doesn't necessarily mean we wouldn't lose them.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems quite a few of the u18 squad havent signed pro deals yet. Some of them are very good players as well.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 in 8 appearances. A goal every 80 minutes of play.

He's bloody quick. Reminds me of Vardy.

Yep, in the league a goal every 81 mins, a goal every 130 mins in all comps.

However it’s fair to say most of those other appearances came early on

Back
Top Bottom