Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Trevor Francis (RIP)

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing official yet, but appears to have come via Viv Anderson.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Appearing in news threads now. Very sad, what a great striker he was.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Wow that’s horrible news to hear. RIP Trevor condolences to family and friends

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He stood out as an exceptional player even at England level.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Very much a shock to hear this. The age of 69 is very young these days. That winning goal in the European Cup Final against Malmö is etched into my memory as a kid when I watched it live on TV with my dad. Rest in Peace Trevor.

Not a good day today as this followed the news that one of my favourite newsreaders, the gentle George Alagiah has also passed away.

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
I watched him at blues when I was a kid and my step dad was a season ticket holder in the cattle rd end , fantastic player in his day and a proper role model , 69 is no age and just makes you think you gotta live your best life while you can , rip Trevor

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw him on two days running in Solihull only a couple of months ago. Too young. Quality player. RIP.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really sad to hear this, he was a really nice chap.

Saw him at Malaga airport about 20 years ago and asked him for a photo. He ended up buying my father and I a drink and stayed chatting with us while we all waited for our flights.

I was a teenager at the time and I remember him saying that he was chuffed that someone of my age group still knew who he was.

A Gentleman and a Legend. RIP.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP
Heard him in commentary on some past snippets on Sky last night and wondered how he was. very sad news.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember seeing him play for Birmingham City at St. Andrews. I think it was against Cardiff City. Trevor would only have been 16/17 then. Even at such a young age you could see he was going to be a special player.

R.I.P.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocked and Saddened.. heart attack apparently.. Great striker in his time.. RIP

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
RIP. Was a superb player and excellent manager for Birmingham City.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to hear this. I remember him as the first British £1 million player, when he joined Forest from Birmingham City.

I also remember Brian Clough telling him to take his hands out of his pockets at a televised awards ceremony!
Sad news and quite a shock
RIP Trevor

I remember our league cup final against Forest in 1980 being billed as the £1m cup final with Trevor Francis and Andy Gray both costing over £1m. ( how times change)

Last edited:

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very sad news and a tragedy for English footballer
Thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends at this sad time
RIP Trevor

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad news indeed. A very gifted footballer. Funny the things that you recall about people, but with Trevor it was his marvellous accent.

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Wow, that's really sad, only 69, remember him as a great player, RIP

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being the first £1 Million British player and a X2 European Cup winner makes one a legend.

Rest in Peace Trevor.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here in Trevor's hometown of Plymouth the news of his death has left everyone stunned. My brother used to work with Trevor's Dad Roy on South West Gas.

I have a great mate who is a Blues fan and he will be devastated by this news as any chance ' Wardie ' gets he will discuss the fantastic forward line for part of the seventies they had of Trevor, Bob Latchford and Bob Hatton. They were my Birmingham City supporting Granny's favourites as well.

Trevor played in era when virtual assaults like the tackle from behind were considered the norm. This caused him to miss more than his fair share of games and I do think he could have had an even better career but for the knocks he took ( As did our own John Richards ) That said it was not a tackle but a torn achilles that stopped Trevor from playing in the 1980 European Cup win Forest had against Hamburg.

Back
Top Bottom