Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Train Travel 25/7/19

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a nightmare at London Euston. Delayed for over an hour, finally on a train, then the driver announced that no trains were going through Cov, Birmingham or Wolverhampton due to the signal wires coming down in the area. Advised people to make their way to Marylebone and get to Birmingham that way.

Luckily I've jumped on a train to Stoke where I can get a lift. If all goes smoothly from here, should only be an hour behind by the time I get to Wolverhampton.

Thank **** I bought these train tinnies I'm about to open.

Saw a bloke in a Wolves shirt at the station earlier and had a chat with him. He was getting on the train before me which I believe eventually left but guessing he might be stranded somewhere now with the signal issues on the London > Birmingham route. Hope you make it mate!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like I’m missing our first game in Europe for near 40 years, because it’s too sunny. You couldn’t write it. Absolutely gutted.
Trust me, I've had my four pack of beer in the fridge at work and should be going euston now but with no way back down I just cant go, I'm ****ing furious.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Gutted for everyone, only in the UK could the trains have a meltdown because it’s too hot!

SuziQ

Reaction score
West Midlands Railway advising anyone covered by their network to not travel at all.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564067017421.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564067017421.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 26

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly gutted for everyone that can't make it. I was nearly one of you. It's absolutly ****e

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything delayed out of Stoke so looks like I'm giving this a miss. Even if I get to Wolverhampton, its the coming back that's the issue.
Hope I have better luck in Belfast next week !!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s took me an hour to get a train and start moving, from New Street to Wolves.

Set off now if you’re going the game.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. It sounds like chaos on the railways. Good luck to all trying to get to the game.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Euston now. Carnage. If you've not made it out of the area now, you ain’t this evening sadly.

Although interesting observation, was stood behind Peter Ridsdale in the queue for travel info. Even the big wigs can’t get out of here either!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Euston now. Carnage. If you've not made it out of the area now, you ain’t this evening sadly.

Although interesting observation, was stood behind Peter Ridsdale in the queue for travel info. Even the big wigs can’t get out of here either!
Going to Camden to play football instead then pub, good luck lads going.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to Camden to play football instead then pub, good luck lads going.

Enjoy!

Think I’m going to chance my arm with Premier Sports at home.

GF is out for the night at least so football, takeaway pizza and a few tins for me it is.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got on a train at new street. Pushed past a pregnant women and old man and a women with kids. **** it, on our waaaaayyyy on our waaayyyy to europe on our way... :D

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bedlam at New Street when I was there. Took two hours from Derby to Birmingham and then another hour from New Street.

So glad I've got F&F to stay with tonight instead of risking getting home.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting home will be much better as its cooler. Hope so anyway.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
My train from Stockport is cancelled. Don’t care if I don’t arrive until half time and have to sleep in Wolverhampton station tonight because no trains home. Waited 39 years for this.
Let me know if you’re stuck.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managed to get one from work to Wolverhampton. Only 17 minutes late. It’s rammed, don’t mind though, I’d have sat in its roof to get to town today.

W

WolfOfWellington

Got turfed of my train back from London in Northampton. Spotted a chap in a Wolves shirt, another couple of chaps joined us. Sharing a cab from Northampton to Wolverhampton with 3 fellow wolves, each of us sits in a different side of the ground. I love this club, cannot express how great our fans are.

All going to make it to the game on time (barring traffic), all happy as Larry.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got on a train at new street. Pushed past a pregnant women and old man and a women with kids. **** it, on our waaaaayyyy on our waaayyyy to europe on our way... :D

What????

BigSteve

Reaction score
Looks like I’m missing our first game in Europe for near 40 years, because it’s too sunny. You couldn’t write it. Absolutely gutted.

Same here. All trains to Wolverhampton out of Euston cancelled. Just went home and got drunk instead. Pretty devastated tbh.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
How’s it looking after the game?

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Oh well, extra pint in the goal posts or whatever it's called now.

D

Deleted member 3518

Good look to all you needing the train home, so glad I gave it a miss.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No trains from Wolverhampton station at all
I thought thats what the announcer had said over the tannoy at the ground, of course though the P.A. system at Molineux is still terrible so I just heard a few garbled words, trains and Wolverhampton station being a couple of them.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got to new street at 4. After two failed trains i finally found one claiming and announcing it was going to walsall. It went to wolvo and arrived at 7.15!!!

After the match no trains back so a bus to dudley and a cab to brum. Bloody pathetic railways

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

The tannoy announcement said no trains from wolves but the national rail app was still showing them running but delayed which proved to be wrong. Lots of people at the station held in queue outside and told no trains running. I tried to get into a couple of hotels and they were all full. The premier inn by station was full and so was booking people into Walsall and so I ended up jumping in a taxi with 2 other guys and going to Walsall. At least we got to see wolves win in Europe.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was supposed to go back to London after the match but staff at the station just told me to find somewhere to stay and try again tomorrow... lovely.

Luckily my parents still live in the midlands so got picked up. Took me six hours to get to Molineux earlier and now I’ve gotta get up at the crack of dawn to see if I can get a train back.

All worth it I suppose...

Back
Top Bottom