Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Train Travel 25/7/19

Del Boy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Plenty of warnings about disruption today due to the weather. Many trains expected to be cancelled and no rail replacement coaches.

Those that travel by train may want to replan their journeys tonight.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can imagine it’s gonna be a nightmare. Dunno about any other mixers but if worst comes to worst there’s a spare bed at my house if anyone gets stuck.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I travelled from London last night and it was a nightmare, took over three hours from Euston.

Good luck to everyone travelling tonight

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hoping the last train to Manchester doesn't get cancelled. Surely it'll have settled down by then.

W

WolfOfWellington

I travelled from London last night and it was a nightmare, took over three hours from Euston.

Thanks for sharing- I should make it back then if I leave London at 1415 - I think trains will be worse today.

D

Deleted member 3518

Giving the game a miss tonight mainly because of travel.

Trains in August ****ed up too, last train home for the MU game is 22:14 and rail replacement between Crewe and Chester.:mad:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope it doesn’t take three hours from Euston today as I’ll miss kickoff! Mind you, I’d rather get there than not at all.

I’m on the 22.45 back to London too - don’t want to think about what I’ll do if that’s cancelled!

Normally I leave ages to get up on the train and take an afternoon off work for midweeks, but due to lack of remaining holiday I thought I’d chance it by just slying out of the office a little early. Guess this is karma!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm set to leave for Wolverhampton at 5 from Euston? Any info already on delays?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope it doesn’t take three hours from Euston today as I’ll miss kickoff! Mind you, I’d rather get there than not at all.

I’m on the 22.45 back to London too - don’t want to think about what I’ll do if that’s cancelled!

Normally I leave ages to get up on the train and take an afternoon off work for midweeks, but due to lack of remaining holiday I thought I’d chance it by just slying out of the office a little early. Guess this is karma!
On the same route, I dont see it going well annoying, it's a high speed route.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're with Virgin you'll probably be ok. I was with London Northwestern last night and I guess you get what you pay for.

Having said that I did see this tweet earlier:

Virgin Trains on Twitter

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trains from Manchester have been cack all week. They're doing some works on the west coast mainline so have rejigged the timetable so if your heading to the game via that route it's worthwhile checking.

My usual 40 minute journey from Manchester to Crewe took twice as long on Tuesday too....... And it was hot.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
The short journey from Stafford looks OK ATM. I will keep checking though!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to loads of cancelled between international and euston? Going to have to be ****ing this off if I cant get back down.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to loads of cancelled between international and euston? Going to have to be ****ing this off if I cant get back down.

We should start a London Wolves mini bus thing. I used to just not go to mid week games, but I'm in a lucky position at the moment, I've been working remotely since December. This won't last forever, and I really don't want to be missing European nights going forward.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how come trains run everyday in e.g Egypt when it’s 40degs every day?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should start a London Wolves mini bus thing. I used to just not go to mid week games, but I'm in a lucky position at the moment, I've been working remotely since December. This won't last forever, and I really don't want to be missing European nights going forward.
Proper, be keen for this.

Same, I dont want to miss this but chances are that I am pretty ****ed if I cant get back down by the morning.

SE_Wolves

Reaction score
Currently on train from Euston now, lots of cancellations at the moment.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope the 59s running, or its taxi for me:)

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overhead line issues at Euston affecting Virgin Rail and London Northwestern journeys, which might explain why there's so many cancellations at the moment.

Repair team on the way though.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overhead line issues at Euston affecting Virgin Rail and London Northwestern journeys, which might explain why there's so many cancellations at the moment.

Repair team on the way though.
Likely to cause a back up most the day I've been told.

SE_Wolves

Reaction score
Overhead line issues between Sandwell & Dudley and Wolverhampton as well. Currently stuck at Birmingham International. Meant to be in Wolverhampton 15 minutes ago.

W

WolfOfWellington

1415 just left 45 mins late. Lots of cancelled trains. Limited to 25mph cos of heat. It will only get worse. Good luck, go well. My only saving grace is that after the game I only have to drive to Telford!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overhead line issues between Sandwell & Dudley and Wolverhampton as well. Currently stuck at Birmingham International. Meant to be in Wolverhampton 15 minutes ago.
Been told Wolverhampton station is currently closed.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Trams running between Wednesbury Parkway and Wolves.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how come trains run everyday in e.g Egypt when it’s 40degs every day?

Train lines are designed for it.
In UK the lines are designed for an air temperature of 27C, after that the expansion is too much and can cause buckling (the added length has to go somewhere).

In the US in places they're designed for an air temperature of 43C.

It doesn't make financial sense to design for temperatures that occur every hundred years or so.

Back
Top Bottom