Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Toti Gomes

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the expense of ran or Jonny ? I don’t think so!
I don’t mean as s first choice starter all season, but he could possibly be a back up and get some minutes here and there to gain experience.
We’ve seen Saiss play there in the past and I suspect Toti would look more comfortable than he did.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll be useful in a back 5, and wouldn’t be adverse to keeping him in the squad, but if we do (ever) have aspirations of a 4 then I’d be worried.

Back four:

Semedo Kilman CB RAN

Back five:

Semedo Kilman CB Toti RAN

Plenty of pace and strength where needed in either of those systems IMO.
If only we had someone perfect for that role at CB

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there any information as to why he wasn’t in the squad v Leeds?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there any information as to why he wasn’t in the squad v Leeds?
Good question.

Haven't heard anything, guessing that Boly and Coady was sufficient cover centrally, and Mosquera and Bueno covering RB and LB respectively?

Add in Sarkic and that only leaves 4 subs to cover midfield and forward positions.

Pure guesswork, mate!

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good question.

Haven't heard anything, guessing that Boly and Coady was sufficient cover centrally, and Mosquera and Bueno covering RB and LB respectively?

Add in Sarkic and that only leaves 4 subs to cover midfield and forward positions.

Pure guesswork, mate!
This was my thinking too. Purely circumstance in that Toti was left out because other options on the bench could cover LB.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good question.

Pure guesswork, mate!
Ok, good point, I was thinking he must be injured.

Seniority wise he’s ahead of several who did make the bench.

He could have been there instead of Bueno, though he didn’t seem to cover himself in glory as a stand in left back in pre season I suppose.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, good point, I was thinking he must be injured.

Seniority wise he’s ahead of several who did make the bench.

He could have been there instead of Bueno, though he didn’t seem to cover himself in glory as a stand in left back in pre season I suppose.
I'd put him ahead of Boly now - sadly because Big Willy has been a good player for us - but it's pretty close I guess.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd put him ahead of Boly now - sadly because Big Willy has been a good player for us - but it's pretty close I guess.
Yeah in a back 4 , maybe.

I still have some faith in Boly, I think he could actually do the central role in a back 3, but that’s probably a discussion for a different thread....

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was my thinking too. Purely circumstance in that Toti was left out because other options on the bench could cover LB.
Hmmmm well given how RAN is supposed to have played (i wasnt there!) perhaps we should have had Toti on the bench and hooked RAN.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmm well given how RAN is supposed to have played (i wasnt there!) perhaps we should have had Toti on the bench and hooked RAN.
Jonny needed hooking too, they were both awful.

Back
Top Bottom