Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Toti Gomes

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have him competing for a starting position next season.

Kilman-Toti

NewCB- Mosquera

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Kilman-Toti

NewCB- Mosquera
If we’re going back 4 he’s a decent squad option behind Kilman and a new first choice CB (Mosquera has potential but is an unknown quantity at the minute).

I thought Toti was our best player today and first half looked like the only one who cared.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good back up option for next season imo but if he's starting regularly, I think questions need to be asked.

I do like him though & would love him to prove me wrong.
I hope we bring in some quality and have people like Toti, Hoever out on loan to decent Championship sides to play regularly.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It shouldn't matter where a player comes from or how much they cost.

We are said to be looking for a centre back that is fast and strong in his duels.

Well on Sunday, Toti stood out as our fastest and most mobile central defender, and he won most of his duels, both on the ground and in the air. A great display from a young centre back.

Him and Kilman could form a very good starting partnership in a 4 in my opinion. Just wish one of them was right footed for balance!!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him. Fast and Aggressive though he’s as raw as Steak Tartare so we need the right play (with similar qualities) alongside him.

Personal opinion but I think if we do move to a back 4 I’d want him in over Kilman who I’m not convinced has the pace for it.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him. Fast and Aggressive though he’s as raw as Steak Tartare so we need the right play (with similar qualities) alongside him.

Personal opinion but I think if we do move to a back 4 I’d want him in over Kilman who I’m not convinced has the pace for it.

I think if you have one player in the partnership who is fast, aggressive and strong in their duels, the other can be more of an all-rounder like Kilman.

Look at the teams in and around us who play a back 4.

Palace - Guehi & Andersen
Leicester - Fofana & Evans
West Ham - Dawson & Zouma

I think if you get the right blend, it could work well.

It's why I think even Coady could work in a back 4 alongside the right player.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman and Toti have both extremely bright futures but are both raw young players and I'd say needs an old settled head to guide them.

An unusual shot perhaps but someone that might have the necessary experience and would potentially have an interest in joining us to be a sort of guiding hand could be Connor Goldson at Rangers.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti and Kilman don't have enough experience to play a CB 2 IMO. Both lots of potential, but think we need to bring in a proven solid, fairly fast CB.

I think a lot of people said the same about Guehi and Andersen at the start of this season. Andersen had 1 PL season under his belt, Guehi had no PL experience. Yet they've been a great partnership and only conceded 3 more goals than we have, playing a back 4.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman and Toti have both extremely bright futures but are both raw young players and I'd say needs an old settled head to guide them.

An unusual shot perhaps but someone that might have the necessary experience and would potentially have an interest in joining us to be a sort of guiding hand could be Connor Goldson at Rangers.

Wolverhampton born and out of contract.

Could work, has all the attributes we are looking for.

A player like him to play with Kilman, with Coady and Toti as rotation options and Mosquera as backup/U23 could work really well.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Kilman-Toti

NewCB- Mosquera
Mosquera wont be ready next season from what ive seen of him so far,certainly need 2 experienced CBs,depends whos coming and going
Kilman and Toti definitely should be starters

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Kilman is quicker than many think, particularly at the start of the season he made a number of last ditch tackles coming from across the pitch after a forward had broken our high line.

What I like to see is players improving from game to game and I saw that on Sunday with Gomes, he had noticeably improved (admittedly against Norwich) both his positioning, strength and tactical awareness, distribution is still shocking. What I did like was his tenacity, speed and aggressiveness. Without him we wouldn’t have scored although he somewhat blotted his copybook by getting in the way of a Ruben worldie to sign off. Like Kilman he’s a late developed but that shouldn’t be held against him and any Premier League team would be happy with them in their squad. I do think we need a slightly more experienced Centre Half to talk them through a game as a back 4 as Butler did with Lescott or Curle did with Richards. Both Lescott and Richardd were great players but they weren’t the fInished article when they came in.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera wont be ready next season from what ive seen of him so far,certainly need 2 experienced CBs,depends whos coming and going

He'll be 4th choice so I'm not that bothered especially in a back 4, maybe keep Sanderson for cover just in case

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton born and out of contract.

Could work, has all the attributes we are looking for.

A player like him to play with Kilman, with Coady and Toti as rotation options and Mosquera as backup/U23 could work really well.
Yeah, a form of leadership but someone who would understand his role, can't knock the level he's at, Rangers are in a final that many English clubs could be nowhere near, at 29 is hitting that sweet spot of experience and peak abilities, I've been impressed when I've seen him and playing for Rangers I would imagine is able to lead and deal with pressure. Seems a rather low risk punt that could work fruits for Wolves.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without him we wouldn’t have scored

And Norwich would almost certainly have gone 1-0 up sooner. Great last ditch tackle on Kieran Dowell after Ruddy had saved Pukki's shot.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is quicker than many think, particularly at the start of the season he made a number of last ditch tackles coming from across the pitch after a forward had broken our high line.

What I like to see is players improving from game to game and I saw that on Sunday with Gomes, he had noticeably improved (admittedly against Norwich) both his positioning, strength and tactical awareness, distribution is still shocking. What I did like was his tenacity, speed and aggressiveness. Without him we wouldn’t have scored although he somewhat blotted his copybook by getting in the way of a Ruben worldie to sign off. Like Kilman he’s a late developed but that shouldn’t be held against him and any Premier League team would be happy with them in their squad. I do think we need a slightly more experienced Centre Half to talk them through a game as a back 4 as Butler did with Lescott or Curle did with Richards. Both Lescott and Richardd were great players but they weren’t the fInished article when they came in.
I think Kilman is quick over a distance not necessarily over 5 yards. Quite common with big centre backs. Bizarrely when Christophe Berra was at wolves he was the quickest sprinter in the squad over a distance (was told this by a pal who while studying a degree at Worcester uni in sports science did an internship at wolves) yet he looked like a tug boat on the turn.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont think Kilman is slow

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, still “one for the future” or a decent loan for me.
Think Sanderson will be sold?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was a real positive today! Looked strong and composed in his defending today and has actually got some pace to cover..

Still think we need to strengthen our defence but certainly will bring something to the squad next season!

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
He is a player we should be building the defence around. Absolute beast of a player. Not afraid to put his foot in, which all defenders should do may I add. I wouldn't be disappointed if we saw the last of Coads and Boly( Boly had a great game today)

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a good player no doubt and a decent squad asset if we are to progress we need better composure on the ball. If we want to remain mid-table he will be more than good enough but only in a 3.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not technically good enough for me, awful on the ball. Keeps getting it stuck underneath him because of his touch, good 1v1 defender but not the kind we need if we want to progress
I think the opposite, against the lesser sides him bringing the ball into midfield could be really useful.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did very well today. Should get better and better with more experience.
Agree. Did well in a real pressure situation. Had good and bad moments, but came out on top generally against one of the best attacking teams in the world. Made "Trent" look average on more than one occasion!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine as back up.....whatever system we play we need 2 centre backs in the summer....1 to replace Saiss and a RCB which we have needed for 2 seasons...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think the opposite, against the lesser sides him bringing the ball into midfield could be really useful.
I mean he can't really trap it, maybe a confidence thing but today when he tried to control it with his thigh and Liverpool had a break that Boly stopped with that beastly slide just smacks of a guy who doesn't trust his touch.

Certainly not a bad squad option, but if he is used as an excuse not to sign a CB by the club then that would be a joke.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think hes pretty good, yeah. Strong, aggressive, comfortable on the ball and didnt look out of place today against one of the best teams in Europe. I think he is better on the ball and distributing it than Boly. He’s a young lad and I think with Kilman will be an upgrade on Saiss and Boly.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs a lot of work on his distribution,
He panics with his clearances on occasion and does look cumbersome. His technique means that ball gets trapped under him which means his clearances are hurried and don’t get far. Having said that he’s a good squad member and I can see him coming on next season to shore up a defensive effort to close games out. Not sure he’s a starter in a 4.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think hes pretty good, yeah. Strong, aggressive, comfortable on the ball and didnt look out of place today against one of the best teams in Europe. I think he is better on the ball and distributing it than Boly. He’s a young lad and I think with Kilman will be an upgrade on Saiss and Boly.
If you think he is comfortable on the ball I don't really know what to say. He is certainly a very good defender though times tackles great and is strong/quick.

Can barely complete a pass at times though, passing accuracy stats aren't everything sometimes players give it away playing tough passes but he was 75% which is shockingly low for CB. Every other CB in the game was over 90%

Back
Top Bottom