Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Toti Gomes

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah he has attributes no doubt, if we played 3 at the back with two passing CBs he could work OK I suppose

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not technically good enough for me, awful on the ball. Keeps getting it stuck underneath him because of his touch, good 1v1 defender but not the kind we need if we want to progress
Maybe we need a good 1v1 defender?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady rushed out but Gomes played mane onside for their first. Just needs to sharpen up but lots to be positive about

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not technically good enough for me, awful on the ball. Keeps getting it stuck underneath him because of his touch, good 1v1 defender but not the kind we need if we want to progress
I agree. He's a decent enough player but he needs to improve his touch. His anticipation is ok and he has great physical qualities. Needs a few seasons to develop, hopefully not with us in the championship

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good defender for the squad, got a lot of growing up to do though, use of the ball and positioning let him down at the highest level.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s one of those defenders who clearly has a rick in him. I’d keep the faith with him though as he has got a lot of potential so needs games.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks solid if a little raw, needs to be playing and forming a partnership with those around him. Doesn’t need to be sent our on loan just played more.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's what we have coaches for. A good coach should improve a player by at least 20 percent.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I’m thinking I saw a different player to others, he was superb bar one error that boly covered, but what do I know, glad there are so many budding Peps on the mix
Sorry for having a different opinion Sir Alex

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
Very mature performance for a young, inexperienced, player. The way he carries the ball out of defence is superb. Very confident you lad. Yes, he needs to improve, but a great performance against one of the best teams in the world!
I think this lad along with Kilman, the future is looking bright!
Hopefully he gets a decent preseason and more opportunity to develop next year.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Played well generally yesterday. Didn't look out of place against one of the best attacks in the world.
Good natural defender. Fast and good on the ball. Tends to panic a bit though and his distribution needs working on. In my eyes he is better, but definitely no worse, than Sais post African Cup.
More games will see him calm down, get better understanding of his team mates and of the PL and improve his passing. Never mind one for the future. Hes already shown he's good enough for the PL now.
Bruno has shown a mistake not to have played him more often especially with the dodgy recent form of Sais.

Last edited:

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Boly was excellent yesterday the polar opposite to the Norwich game . His aerial ability and general defending/ blocks were the Boly of old . However it will be interesting to see whether the squad overhaul will mean the end of Saiss Moutinho Neves Boly which is a big solid chunk of the team . As so many appear to suggest Raul and Coady need replacing too this is probably far too drastic an overhaul which could prove disastrous. Gomes was very good I thought

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Boly was excellent yesterday the polar opposite to the Norwich game . His aerial ability and general defending/ blocks were the Boly of old . However it will be interesting to see whether the squad overhaul will mean the end of Saiss Moutinho Neves Boly which is a big solid chunk of the team . As so many appear to suggest Raul and Coady need replacing too this is probably far too drastic an overhaul which could prove disastrous. Gomes was very good I thought
When boly is just asked to defend he is fine.....when he is asked to get the ball off the keeper and take on the whole team like against man city then he is gonna look woeful....

I thought Norwich summed it up...all over the place first half but , second half when he was just asked to do the simple defending, block, tackle , head it and mark pukki he hardly put a foot wrong....

We ask him to do too much as the ball carrying centre half I think.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Very mature performance for a young, inexperienced, player. The way he carries the ball out of defence is superb. Very confident you lad. Yes, he needs to improve, but a great performance against one of the best teams in the world!
I think this lad along with Kilman, the future is looking bright!
Hopefully he gets a decent preseason and more opportunity to develop next year.
That's the thing. He's had 4 games and has looked decent in every one. You need time to gel as a back line. A whole pre season of training and matches and he'll be great with Kilman and whoever they are bringing in.
I'd add he has speed too, which is what is wanted in a high line defence.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lad is quality.
That's the thing. He's had 4 games and has looked decent in every one. You need time to gel as a back line. A whole pre season of training and matches and he'll be great with Kilman and whoever they are bringing in.
I'd add he has speed too, which is what is wanted in a high line defence.
Completely agree.
I watched one of his recovery runs yesterday which culminated in a superbly timed slide tackle. I hope he has a bright future with Wolves first team and not farmed out on loan.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him. He's played well, looked powerful and competes very well.

The one thing I'm concerned about is his distribution. The amount of times he chipped it straight to Jordan Henderson yesterday was getting annoying.

At the moment, he probably has more chance of being a cult-hero style, 100% committed, but limited defender in the mould of Ryan Bennett and George Elokobi than he does a Premier League first choice regular.

Definitely have him in the squad next season though and see if he can kick on.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

The lad is quality.

Completely agree.
I watched one of his recovery runs yesterday which culminated in a superbly timed slide tackle. I hope he has a bright future with Wolves first team and not farmed out on loan.
Absolutely we need to keep him here for next season.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When boly is just asked to defend he is fine.....when he is asked to get the ball off the keeper and take on the whole team like against man city then he is gonna look woeful....

I thought Norwich summed it up...all over the place first half but , second half when he was just asked to do the simple defending, block, tackle , head it and mark pukki he hardly put a foot wrong....

He used to be excellent bringing the ball out, not these days though.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him a lot. The thing that works against him is probably being another left footer when we have Max. I know we do inverted CBs at times but can imagine we'll try to buy a right footed CB.

WolfInStaffs

Reaction score
Strong in duels, good ball-carrier, decent pace.

What I would say is that he does that thing that a lot of defenders do where he wins, not pointless, but ‘easy’ tackles that look good (eg attacker on the sideline with nowhere to go and just wants to be tackled to win the throw, defender then slides in) that make him seem great. He’s a bit loose on the ball for this level too.

At 23, I don’t really expect him to be anything more than a squad player at a PL club. Regardless, huge success for whoever was behind it at the club at less than a million quid and credit to him for making the tough transition relatively well in such a short amount of time.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In previous seasons, Boly has carried the ball out of defence competently several times, as has Kilman this season.
I think it is something we should encourage, to mix things up and not just rely on long passes from Coady or Neves; thst has become too predictable and countered.
This season Boly has not played much and has been ill; i think yesterday may actually have been one of the few games when he has been fully fit.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Boly is better on the left side of the 3 . With Kilman right side if we stay with 5 at the back . Toti in reserve for me atm

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In previous seasons, Boly has carried the ball out of defence competently several times, as has Kilman this season.
I think it is something we should encourage, to mix things up and not just rely on long passes from Coady or Neves; thst has become too predictable and countered.
This season Boly has not played much and has been ill; i think yesterday may actually have been one of the few games when he has been fully fit.
Yes I'd don't disagree in general but it can be over done and expose us as it was against man city ...and it becomes a bit harder when you get a bit older and lose a yard....

T

TheConcourse

He’ll be useful in a back 5, and wouldn’t be adverse to keeping him in the squad, but if we do (ever) have aspirations of a 4 then I’d be worried.

Back four:

Semedo Kilman CB RAN

Back five:

Semedo Kilman CB Toti RAN

Plenty of pace and strength where needed in either of those systems IMO.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly is better on the left side of the 3 . With Kilman right side if we stay with 5 at the back . Toti in reserve for me atm
I think we would be better off loaning out people like Toti and Hoever (and Silva) to get regular game time as with MGW. We then need to have experienced back up to come and do a job as Marcal did. Keep Saiss and Boly for that role but bring in better first choice CB alongside Kilman in a 4 or Coady and Kilman in a 5.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the Ignacio talk that’s:

Ignacio
Kilman
Boly
Toti

All left footers…

Wonder if Boly is off…

Back
Top Bottom