Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Totally baffling

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was just making a point and you go off track. As a Wolves fan I'm fed up with Nuno's platitudes and how we need to do this or that yet it just gets worse with each game. Of course I want us to win things, even the discredited F.A.Cup would be something.

Haven’t gone off track just asking who you want in ?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t gone off track just asking who you want in ?

Being totally honest and hoping the usual suspects on here dont start with the abuse and digs. I think we need a change in the summer. Who we get in I'm not sure at present but I would like to think there will be some potentially very good candidates. That is what I think and feel at present.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun and Shi should be the ones already (at least) looking elsewhere for potential replacements now - we all want Nuno to turn it round desperately, but it's so hard to see where it will come from. They all look totally shot on confidence and ideas - and that's the manager's job.

If nothing changes, we will be bottom 3 next year (provided we stay up), yet all the warning signs are there now, and have been for months. It's been so obvious.

I dont want Wolves to be the team that once 'had two 7th place finishes and a Europa QF' in years to come to tell my future grand kids when we can do something about it.

Nuno has built us up to become a force again.... yet he is now the one dismantling it all if he is not careful.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Being totally honest and hoping the usual suspects on here dont start with the abuse and digs. I think we need a change in the summer. Who we get in I'm not sure at present but I would like to think there will be some potentially very good candidates. That is what I think and feel at present.

So you want a change of manager and don’t think Nuno is capable of turning this around ?
That’s fair enough.
Personally I would like to see the back of this virus and everything that goes with it . Get fans back in the ground ,and buy the players we should have bought in the previous couple of windows, ( Centre Back) (Central midfielder)
See how we go from there and if it’s no better then make a change.
Feel personally that Nuno deserves that at least and to sack him now would be regrettable .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you want a change of manager and don’t think Nuno is capable of turning this around ?
That’s fair enough.
Personally I would like to see the back of this virus and everything that goes with it . Get fans back in the ground ,and buy the players we should have bought in the previous couple of windows, ( Centre Back) (Central midfielder)
See how we go from there and if it’s no better then make a change.
Feel personally that Nuno deserves that at least and to sack him now would be regrettable .

Just not sure he will turn it around even next season. The standard of football has been really poor for far too long now and the same mistakes made game after game.
Nuno has been brilliant for us but I honestly think a fresh approach is now needed in the summer with an attack minded head coach coming in.
I also dont buy the virus and no fans in stadiums excuse either. Yes it wont have helped but is the same for all other clubs and quite a few are doing very well despite this. I honestly dont see Nuno turning us into the attacking, possession based team that quite a few want to see. If I am wrong then great but being honest I really think a change of direction is needed in the summer.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just not sure he will turn it around even next season. The standard of football has been really poor for far too long now and the same mistakes made game after game.
Nuno has been brilliant for us but I honestly think a fresh approach is now needed in the summer with an attack minded head coach coming in.
I also dont buy the virus and no fans in stadiums excuse either. Yes it wont have helped but is the same for all other clubs and quite a few are doing very well despite this. I honestly dont see Nuno turning us into the attacking, possession based team that quite a few want to see. If I am wrong then great but being honest I really think a change of direction is needed in the summer.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t walk himself at the end of the season tbh.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Team selection at the start,then leaving it until 20 minuets to go and 1-0 down to bring on our big guns to try and save the game, it's as if the F A cup was not worth it, and all Nuno was bothered about was keeping players fresh for the weekend game, don't make sense to me
Does to me.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Living in Kent ,a lot of people know that I am a wolves fan so the amount of them that ask me what has gone wrong at Wolves is incredible .
We had a lot of people watching our games in the premier for sheer entertainment value
But..........Why are wolves so negative and boring is the remark I get now.

If we stay up this season then without serious strengthening we will be odds on to get relegated next year.

After some great signings when N uno came in we seem to have signed some players who do not impress me or apparently most other wolves fans.

Southampton cup tie was absolutely dreadful and N uno is starting to lose the fans
Which is a great shame

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Heartbreaking but the edge has gone

I even wonder if there's irons in fires for his successor
Makes you wonder if Nuno has already told Jeff of his intentions (in confidence) if he was to walk at the end of the season, so the club could actively start looking now.

I'm not suggesting that would happen, but seeing how dramatically Nuno has changed over the past few months, it wouldn't be surprising. Letting the club know in advance would be just the gentlemanly thing you would expect of him if he wanted out/was homesick as he would have the club's best interest at heart.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if Nuno has already told Jeff of his intentions (in confidence) if he was to walk at the end of the season, so the club could actively start looking now.

I'm not suggesting that would happen, but seeing how dramatically Nuno has changed over the past few months, it wouldn't be surprising. Letting the club know in advance would be just the gentlemanly thing you would expect of him if he wanted out/was homesick as he would have the club's best interest at heart.

spot on

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What’s baffling to me is that people are suggesting we threw the game. It was nowhere near good enough last night from line-up to performance, but to throw a game is to deliberately lose. Is that what some genuinely feel happened last night?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The answer is Nuno. . Look at him , listen to him. He has lost his mojo . And he must get that back . For his own sake and ours. I wish him all the best.
Would you see Ferguson looking forlorn , no he would be fulminating

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you say Jos and I know you bleed black and gold, but I can’t help but think you are massively underestimating, and simplifying, the impact of Covid and, more importantly, that you think it’s the same for all clubs, as it really isn’t.

We are all in the same sea, but everyone is travelling in very different boats. For me it’s the single biggest factor in our downturn this season.

Not an excuse by the way, just an observation.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to say that I don't think it would have mattered who had started. We're so woefully inept in the final third, most games the opposition could afford not to play a goalkeeper. It's all so pedestrian it's embarrassing. Until we can start to do what Southampton did last night and get forward players in behind the opposition's defence, we're going to continue to be the most boring footballing team in the division.

One **** poor attempt on goal in 90 minutes is nothing more than snoozeworthy.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the more I think about it, the more the last few months makes total sense now. Especially if certain players would be aware too if this had happened.

i'm not sure about that, i think recent events have probably made his mind up. i even wonder if the donation to the foundation was partly led by his conscience, considering he signed the new deal last summer

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The answer is Nuno. . Look at him , listen to him. He has lost his mojo . And he must get that back . For his own sake and ours. I wish him all the best.
Would you see Ferguson looking forlorn , no he would be fulminating
Not so sure about that. Ferguson was the greatest of all time but there were several times he looked forlorn like that normally at the same time as it would be suggested he should retire or periods where United werent competitive and were in a rebuild, what he did was rediscover his mojo and I think Nuno deserves the chance to do that also.

D

Deleted member 4184

You need to pay attention to what people are actually saying. It's not really what people want - it's more about what they *don't* want. And we don't want a 3 season flicker to burn out with yet another drop to the purgatory of the Championship. We don't want to become one of those teams that starts each match hoping to hang on at 0-0, maybe snatch a goal from a set piece. Yet we are slowly but surely turning into exactly that. People don't want that and that is behind most of the negativity. Sure there's the odd outlier, but there's also plenty of odd outliers in the ultra-positive end. That seem to want to win not for the club, but just so they can rant vitriol and scorn on anyone who dared suggest we arent' going to get to the Champions League this year.

It is beyond a blip for 15 matches , nearly the last third of the season, we have been statistically in relegation form. We need to improve and there's not much sign of consistent improvement there.

Teams go up and down like yo-yo's. Are you not aware that both Watford and Sheff Utd, in consecutive seasons went from mid-table, even competing for Europe - to bottom of the league? In a few months. Sorry, but teams do sink that rapidly , it isn't rare. We're not special and immune to all that.

Keeping the faith is for religions and cults, not a clearly results driven business.

You are reactionary and its OK.

In a normal season i would agree with you, this isn't a normal season. Its glorified training ground friendlies

Back
Top Bottom