Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Totally baffling

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange agreed. But we also need to get some more points in the league. I would have gone for it today. A full strength side would have won. They were nothing special

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't even care about Sunday now.

We could probably not win another game this season and stay up.

It was all about tonight. Haven't been this ****ed off post match in a long time.

It'd be so much easier to get over if we weren't all cooped up bored as ****, unable to do anything of any real substance.

This cup run was about the only thing interesting left. I'm disgusted at that team selection and the inevitable dross it served up.

D

Deleted member 4184

Its almost as if this season is a total write off and has been all season...

If fans were in the ground then i would understand the frustrations, but its not real... Its a bull**** fake season that will mean nothing to anyone.

Win the league? It will have an asterisk because no fans.

Get to 38 points and get the fans back in.

The doomtards on this forum have been waiting 4 years for this run, they love it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raised the white flag before kick off with that selection and tactics. A disgrace. Puts himself under huge pressure on Sunday as a result now in my opinion. A huge **** up tonight in a season full of them.
I'm beyond fed up.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If fans were in the ground then i would understand the frustrations, but its not real... Its a bull**** fake season that will mean nothing to anyone.

The doomtards on this forum have been waiting 4 years for this run, they love it.

Oh. So thats why so many other clubs are taking this pathetic write the season off crap. What a dreadful excuse.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waiwing the white flag aginst Soton at home before first whistle isn´t my cup of tea,and never will be.
Ubfortunately,Nuno doesn´t feel the same.
An unreasonable scared manager making irrational decisisions.He is certainly going downhill.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would just like to add, there's no way i want the great man sacked,that would be stupid, but all that's done tonight is added fuel to the people who do, i'm just confused by why he done it. All i can think of is, he wanted to give all the squad players a run out, because it didn't mean anything

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has lost me. People can say what they want. But he lost one important player... and everything has went to ****. It's not even that we're not scoring, that I understand. But the amount of goals we've given up is absolutely ridiculous this season. And he's had zero answer.

I'm not saying to fire him... but my goodness he needs to figure out the issue quickly. And he hasn't been able to so far.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I don’t get why this season, of all seasons, we went with that line-up tonight.

Last season with our European commitments, fair enough. But this was our one chance of any saving grace from what has been an absolute ****-show of a year.

If you were looking to rest players, then why not Neves and Moutinho and give the likes of Vitinha, MGW and/or Otasowie a run-out in positions that actually suit them?

I normally stick up for Nuno in most/all threads on here but I can’t defend that selection tonight at all.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh, so the bottom 3 get to stay up? How nice for them. To me it looks like we are treating it as a fake season. Where other teams have now got used to it and are making the best of it. No, the league will not have an asterisk against it. The FA cup final last season doesn't.

So the young players can happily write off a year of development? That's not right. A very negative approach and it is those who knuckle down and get on with it who will get the European places, stars or no stars. And what about our "transformation"?

Look at how close the top of the table is clustered. We've missed a golden opportunity to be up there. The big 6 are misfiring more than ever, thanks to his crazy season. Could have been the season we made the Champions League if we'd been as well managed as we'd been in the previous 2 seasons.

The biggest delusion of all is that all the criticism is due to all these Wolves fans that "want" failure. Come on, it's a football club not a cult. We can criticise the leader when results are going bad! Or is that you want...North Korea type censorship? Over there, they also think that any criticism of the leader is a sign of mental problems or deliberate subversion.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Team selection at the start,then leaving it until 20 minuets to go and 1-0 down to bring on our big guns to try and save the game, it's as if the F A cup was not worth it, and all Nuno was bothered about was keeping players fresh for the weekend game, don't make sense to me
No ****er on that pitch will be fresher than Forster. I can’t even remember him taking a goal kick.

D

Deleted member 4184

Oh, so the bottom 3 get to stay up? How nice for them. To me it looks like we are treating it as a fake season. Where other teams have now got used to it and are making the best of it. No, the league will not have an asterisk against it. The FA cup final last season doesn't.

So the young players can happily write off a year of development? That's not right. A very negative approach and it is those who knuckle down and get on with it who will get the European places, stars or no stars. And what about our "transformation"?

Look at how close the top of the table is clustered. We've missed a golden opportunity to be up there. The big 6 are misfiring more than ever, thanks to his crazy season. Could have been the season we made the Champions League if we'd been as well managed as we'd been in the previous 2 seasons.

The biggest delusion of all is that all the criticism is due to all these Wolves fans that "want" failure. Come on, it's a football club not a cult. We can criticise the leader when results are going bad! Or is that you want...North Korea type censorship? Over there, they also think that any criticism of the leader is a sign of mental problems or deliberate subversion.

Yes, this season is a write off.

Blame Covid.

Last season had an asterisk and this season will too.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can only think he‘s showing Fosun, the squad he’s got is woeful, thankfully we can send a few of them back to their parent club

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Team selection at the start,then leaving it until 20 minuets to go and 1-0 down to bring on our big guns to try and save the game, it's as if the F A cup was not worth it, and all Nuno was bothered about was keeping players fresh for the weekend game, don't make sense to me
We don’t have any ‘big guns’, that’s the problem. Even with the A-list on the pitch, we’re a comedy show in front of goal. What difference did changing it make? Zero, apart from more flashy running about.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What is all this 'season will have an asterisk' *******s? The bottom 3 won't think that when they're playing the Championship next season. Fans may not be in the ground but we're still fans. We still care about our team. We still want to win games.

...Except tonight it seemed our manager didn't care. Every fan I know wanted a cup run. And Saints were there for the taking. In a season where Nuno has made mistake after mistake (Otasowie as a false 9, anyone?) tonight was the biggest **** up of the lot. He's lucky that Jeff Shi seems to know **** all about football

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With his selection tonight my first thought was this man is really scared we’re going to get dragged into a relegation battle.

Fear was the key tonight. He’s afraid.

We know from 2002 that a cushion of 11 or 12 points can disappear easily.

I’m just sad that his psychology didn’t tell him that his team had steadied the ship in the last two games, confidence was returning, we have an outlet still to make the season exciting, they are down on confidence, LETS GO FOR IT!!!

Now?? A damp squib, a complete deflation of confidence again and a boost for Saints in the lead up to Sunday!! Further afield, I can’t see how the rest of our games are made any easier by tonight’s decision

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not saying I agree with the team selection, but they were all first team squad players. It's not like he threw a load of kids in. Maybe the players should take some responsibility for not performed ng as well as they should have done.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is all this 'season will have an asterisk' *******s? The bottom 3 won't think that when they're playing the Championship next season. Fans may not be in the ground but we're still fans. We still care about our team. We still want to win games.

...Except tonight it seemed our manager didn't care. Every fan I know wanted a cup run. And Saints were there for the taking. In a season where Nuno has made mistake after mistake (Otasowie as a false 9, anyone?) tonight was the biggest **** up of the lot. He's lucky that Jeff Shi seems to know **** all about football

Jeff who? The name rings a bell...

D

Deleted member 4184

Wr won't finish in the botton three.

You can wish and will that the season is normal, its not.

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We have become the most boring team in the league to watch! 2 seasons ago we were the most exciting! Think Nuno has done lots for the club but it’s looking like a change is needed

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With his selection tonight my first thought was this man is really scared we’re going to get dragged into a relegation battle.

Fear was the key tonight. He’s afraid.

We know from 2002 that a cushion of 11 or 12 points can disappear easily.

I’m just sad that his psychology didn’t tell him that his team had steadied the ship in the last two games, confidence was returning, we have an outlet still to make the season exciting, they are down on confidence, LETS GO FOR IT!!!

Now?? A damp squib, a complete deflation of confidence again and a boost for Saints in the lead up to Sunday!! Further afield, I can’t see how the rest of our games are made any easier by tonight’s decision

I wondered that too. You have to think Nuno is far more concerned about the League game. But as you say, it's a bit of a gamble. Southampton were noticably closer to a first XI than we were (until the final 15 minutes) , but still, it is a risk.

Seen it happen so often when teams play each other close together in league and cup... the results are often totally different! I'd love to be able to say "watch us thrash them 4-0 on sunday now"! But it won't happen, we don't "do" that sort of result. For one, we only really start playing when we have to and at 0-0 in the league, Nuno is clearly happy with the clean sheet.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is more baffling is why we still persist with Neves taking free kicks.
When was the last time he made the GK make a save it normally hits the wall or end up in the stands.

The big question is "Why has Neves got worse at free kicks? MUCH worse!!!" . So much for "development".

D

Deleted member 8913

let me explain to the baffled.

1 the team is tired and playing badly
2 we still need to get results in the league and wont win the cup
3 we wanted to give Jonny a half and give Silva , AIT Nouri , vitinha and MGW kellman and Saiss a game.
4 we didn’t really want to risk coady ,traore or Neto. Or willian

Nuno says he hoped it would work but it didn’t...he needed to see those players to judge their future...

now Fosun have to decide the budget for next year....must wolves be self sufficient or will they invest more? Will Jimenez be back...will we put out 60 million for vitinha , Jose or RAN....and how would we finance it.

so it was a game to learn from...nota must win

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have become the most boring team in the league to watch! 2 seasons ago we were the most exciting! Think Nuno has done lots for the club but it’s looking like a change is needed

No!!! I can't accept that!!. There's Burnley. And .... errr... well, Burnley are a bit dull. Let me check the league table....there must be someone I forgot. Hmmm..... OK. Stoke!!! Stoke used to be dull, remember them? We're not that bad .. are we?:D

Anyway, in years to come we'll be able to tell our grandchildren of that time long ago when Wolves finished 7th, not once, but twice. And it will sound like an unbelievable fairy tale, like the tales I heard of Wolves winning the league in the 1950's. It was a good few years while it lasted.

Seriously, it's looking like we have "small club mentality". That we can't beat them at their game, so just have to spoil and snatch something. Like everybody else outside of the big 6, then.

Back
Top Bottom