Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Totally baffling

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With his selection tonight my first thought was this man is really scared we’re going to get dragged into a relegation battle.

Fear was the key tonight. He’s afraid.

We know from 2002 that a cushion of 11 or 12 points can disappear easily.

I’m just sad that his psychology didn’t tell him that his team had steadied the ship in the last two games, confidence was returning, we have an outlet still to make the season exciting, they are down on confidence, LETS GO FOR IT!!!

Now?? A damp squib, a complete deflation of confidence again and a boost for Saints in the lead up to Sunday!! Further afield, I can’t see how the rest of our games are made any easier by tonight’s decision
Perhaps that's why he did, there's been enough people on here ****ting them selves, that we might be getting relegated

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno spoke after the game and said,

Explaining his decisions in his post-match press conference, Nuno said 'the schedule, the game, what we have in front of us, solutions for the team' were the reasons behind it.
He added: “It was about trying to find other options inside of our shape. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t work out. Today it didn’t work out.

“We have to have all the games in mind and give the young players chances to make them grow. There’s many things that we have to assess.”

RELATED ARTICLES​

Many supporters watching on from home were left frustrated that Nuno fielded a weakened team with a place in the quarter-finals at stake.

“It’s not about regrets,” he said. “It’s how you decide it. We want to find more things for our team.
“Playing with four midfielders showed a clear intention to control, but at the same time give moments to young players that can then give us better performances in the future.
“It’s not about regret, it’s about knowing the intention that we had. This is my responsibility of course.”

birmingham.live
Follow @birmingham_live

https://omaze.co.uk/pages/london?ut..._1_AE86XUMa5rmyU5WmeaRMYCDDwU8o8qu5zuGXzOXRAQ

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So there you have it, it was not considered high priority to win the game, but more of a chance to try a few things out, give younger players a chance and keep a eye on what's coming up

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No!!! I can't accept that!!. There's Burnley. And .... errr... well, Burnley are a bit dull. Let me check the league table....there must be someone I forgot. Hmmm..... OK. Stoke!!! Stoke used to be dull, remember them? We're not that bad .. are we?:D
I’ll give you Burnley but we are catching up fast!!

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t have any ‘big guns’, that’s the problem. Even with the A-list on the pitch, we’re a comedy show in front of goal. What difference did changing it make? Zero, apart from more flashy running about.
Exactly this, we`re embarrassing in the final third. We know we have quality, makes you wonder what they do in training for ****s sake!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Explaining his decisions in his post-match press conference, Nuno said 'the schedule, the game, what we have in front of us, solutions for the team' were the reasons behind it.
He added: “It was about trying to find other options inside of our shape. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t work out. Today it didn’t work out.

“We have to have all the games in mind and give the young players chances to make them grow. There’s many things that we have to assess.”

RELATED ARTICLES​

Many supporters watching on from home were left frustrated that Nuno fielded a weakened team with a place in the quarter-finals at stake.

“It’s not about regrets,” he said. “It’s how you decide it. We want to find more things for our team.
“Playing with four midfielders showed a clear intention to control, but at the same time give moments to young players that can then give us better performances in the future.
“It’s not about regret, it’s about knowing the intention that we had. This is my responsibility of course.”

birmingham.live
Follow @birmingham_live

Win a House in London | £3 Million House | Omaze UK
Just seen this. WTF does any of that mean? I'm really none the wiser. Nuno is a mystery; I'm not even sure he knows what he's talking about now. 'We want to find more things for our team'?? 'Give moments to young players that can then give us better performances in the future' FFS, the match was tonight, not in 12 months time. 'It's not about regret, it's about the intention that we had'??? WTF does that mean. Sometimes it's quite refreshing to just listen to Big Sam after a game - 'we were ****', 'they were better than us', 'we'll work hard for the next game'.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno talking out of his **** after the game again I see. Banging on about these mystery solutions that appear to be thin air in reality.
Then explaining about the schedule possibly being behind so many changes. The same schedule for Southampton Nuno who we play on Sunday. Lets see how that master plan works eh. Also choses to play 35 year old Moutinho again despite this schedule. His excuses after the game look like an absolute load of tosh to me.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He dont want to be here. Nuno always led from the front before. Fosun will be looking at this closely.

4evawolves

Groupie
Reaction score
let me explain to the baffled.

1 the team is tired and playing badly
2 we still need to get results in the league and wont win the cup
3 we wanted to give Jonny a half and give Silva , AIT Nouri , vitinha and MGW kellman and Saiss a game.
4 we didn’t really want to risk coady ,traore or Neto. Or willian

Nuno says he hoped it would work but it didn’t...he needed to see those players to judge their future...

now Fosun have to decide the budget for next year....must wolves be self sufficient or will they invest more? Will Jimenez be back...will we put out 60 million for vitinha , Jose or RAN....and how would we finance it.

so it was a game to learn from...nota must win
What a load of claptrap

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was the most baffling choice and decision Nuno made for me today...
Why MGW was in starting 11 in today's defeat was the most shocking surprise of all the changes Nuno made imo.
Since his recall from Swansea he hasn't at all been in contention for a start never mind being brought on as a sub even.
I can understand Nuno giving Vintiha a chance after his great goal at Chorley, But how did MGW deserve a starting place?
For me Owen Otasowie has moved infront and on merit for a place in the pecking order before MGW even.

MGW embarrassing yellow card embarrassed Nuno the club and every Wolves supporter :(
As if MGW hasn't embarrassed the WWFC enough this year!

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
This was the most baffling choice and decision Nuno made for me today...
Why MGW was in starting 11 in today's defeat was the most shocking surprise of all the changes Nuno made imo.
Since his recall from Swansea he hasn't at all been in contention for a start never mind being brought on as a sub even.
I can understand Nuno giving Vintiha a chance after his great goal at Chorley, But how did MGW deserve a starting place?
For me Owen Otasowie has moved infront and on merit for a place in the pecking order before MGW even.

MGW embarrassing yellow card embarrassed Nuno the club and every Wolves supporter :(
As if MGW hasn't embarrassed the WWFC enough this year!

Take it you'd start him Sunday then?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get why this season, of all seasons, we went with that line-up tonight.

Last season with our European commitments, fair enough. But this was our one chance of any saving grace from what has been an absolute ****-show of a year.

If you were looking to rest players, then why not Neves and Moutinho and give the likes of Vitinha, MGW and/or Otasowie a run-out in positions that actually suit them?

I normally stick up for Nuno in most/all threads on here but I can’t defend that selection tonight at all.
Plenty of other ‘second string’ teams have done very well in the FA Cup. That team should have been well able to win that game or at least compete but the whole system of play...well, I don’t think there is one. Trying different things to find a solution is all well and good but surely not when there is a chance of a trophy and European football. Instead this current bunch of young, expensive misfits are fighting for another 7th place finish. This time from the bottom. Which is kind of apt given the crap served up last night and most other games this season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get why this season, of all seasons, we went with that line-up tonight.

Last season with our European commitments, fair enough. But this was our one chance of any saving grace from what has been an absolute ****-show of a year.

If you were looking to rest players, then why not Neves and Moutinho and give the likes of Vitinha, MGW and/or Otasowie a run-out in positions that actually suit them?

I normally stick up for Nuno in most/all threads on here but I can’t defend that selection tonight at all.
It was a strange selection l agree.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He dont want to be here. Nuno always led from the front before. Fosun will be looking at this closely.
I hope Fosun are watching closely. Tonight was a shambles, from start to finish, and not for the first time this season Nuno looked devoid of ideas. I am trying really hard not to feel patronized by his post-match comments. For me he is burning through his goodwill at lightening speed. No clue why, maybe he wants to be fired?

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm not saying I agree with the team selection, but they were all first team squad players. It's not like he threw a load of kids in. Maybe the players should take some responsibility for not performed ng as well as they should have done.
Apart from a lot of the first team squad are kids?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Fosun are watching closely. Tonight was a shambles, from start to finish, and not for the first time this season Nuno looked devoid of ideas. I am trying really hard not to feel patronized by his post-match comments. For me he is burning through his goodwill at lightening speed. No clue why, maybe he wants to be fired?

His comments after the game tonight I found bizarre and very annoying.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So there you have it, it was not considered high priority to win the game, but more of a chance to try a few things out, give younger players a chance and keep a eye on what's coming up
To me that sounds like he's saying "**** this season", which to be honest is a feeling shared by quite a few fans too, even before last night's result. Roll on 21/22

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His comments after the game tonight I found bizarre and very annoying.
I was watching it during a Zoom call and actually swore out loud when I heard his comments. Fortunately my mic was on mute, but I did panic for a second LOL.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can only think he‘s showing Fosun, the squad he’s got is woeful, thankfully we can send a few of them back to their parent club
It's a squad he wanted though. He cant have it both ways.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

RELATED ARTICLES​

birmingham.live
Follow @birmingham_live

https://omaze.co.uk/pages/london?ut..._1_AE86XUMa5rmyU5WmeaRMYCDDwU8o8qu5zuGXzOXRAQ

I'm really sick of hearing about " the future" ...... i'd rather Nuno and the club concentrate on the " present".

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me that sounds like he's saying "**** this season", which to be honest is a feeling shared by quite a few fans too, even before last night's result. Roll on 21/22

Still quite happy to pick up his full pay packet each week though......
Nuno used to sound insightful, now he sounds like some weird philosophical guru with his deep and meaningful ramblings, he'll be coming out with " when the seagulls follow the trawlers" next.
Gives me the impression he and his coaching staff no longer want to be here and is hoping to be let go ( with a big pay day... as he's renewed a longer term contract) rather than giving his notice.
Longer he stays the more he is damaging his legacy..... sad and disappointing.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People have been crying out for those youngsters to get a chance, if Otasowie had started people would have loved it and yet the team would have been even weaker.

There is no pleasing some people.

Althought I think Joao and Ruben should have been rested as well to make it a complete throwaway it's unfair to level that kind of criticism at Nuno when he's produced results like Man City away in the cup with a much worse side.

His intention was obviously not to lose but it backfired.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two decent recent results and a chance to build some momentum against a team out of form who we also play on Sunday, yet he proceeds to pick that front 3? He's lost it.
As soon as I saw that front 3 - I knew we would not score.

Now, If I can see that then surely so can Nuno ??????

D

Deleted member yltz11841

As soon as I saw that front 3 - I knew we would not score.

Now, If I can see that then surely so can Nuno ??????
No, as stated on this forum many times phrases like what do you know as your not a premier league manager, or stuff like best let Nuno know your available then to help. **** me any fan with half a brain cell could tell you with that line up we would struggle to have a shot let alone score. You don’t need to be a football manager to know when something isn’t going to work. Im
not a mechanic but if my wheels fall off my car I don’t need to get a mechanic to tell me I won’t be able to drive it.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

RELATED ARTICLES​

birmingham.live
Follow @birmingham_live

Win a House in London | £3 Million House | Omaze UK
My only negative observation concerning Nuno during his entire time here is his overthinking. I think he makes the game out to be far more complex than it really is.

I was happy with 'work harder' for the first three years but have become increasingly annoyed with 'finding solutions' - it is the obsession with solutions that has left us continually needing to find solutions.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, as stated on this forum many times phrases like what do you know as your not a premier league manager, or stuff like best let Nuno know your available then to help. **** me any fan with half a brain cell could tell you with that line up we would struggle to have a shot let alone score. You don’t need to be a football manager to know when something isn’t going to work. Im
not a mechanic but if my wheels fall off my car I don’t need to get a mechanic to tell me I won’t be able to drive it.
My 10 year old daughter, who incidentally is heartbroken that we're out of the cup, called it when she saw the starting lineup. She's only very recently developed an interest in football!!!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of other ‘second string’ teams have done very well in the FA Cup. That team should have been well able to win that game or at least compete but the whole system of play...
Totally disagree. It was a makeshift team, with fringe players played out of position, against a solid, predominantly first choice established Premier League team. The game was lost before we even stepped onto the pitch.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying new things is all well and good but so far this season nothing we have tried has worked.

Huw66

Reaction score
Its almost as if this season is a total write off and has been all season...

If fans were in the ground then i would understand the frustrations, but its not real... Its a bull**** fake season that will mean nothing to anyone.

Win the league? It will have an asterisk because no fans.

Get to 38 points and get the fans back in.

The doomtards on this forum have been waiting 4 years for this run, they love it.
Why would they love it ? We’re all totally ****ed off , or are you and WW the only ‘real’ Wolves fans ?

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're so bad at working keepers.

We're regularly having games with what, 1 shot on target?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would they love it ? We’re all totally ****ed off , or are you and WW the only ‘real’ Wolves fans ?
I certainly wouldn't claim to be "the only real Wolves fan" but years of watching dross from Wolves has given me a little patience.
There are some fans though, particularly on here, who only seem to be happy if they're whinging. If we signed Ronaldo they'd only be happy if we signed Messi too. If we signed both they'd say that they were over-priced, overpaid and past it.
Am l happy with this season? Hell no. Does that mean that l want Nuno gone? Absolutely not.

R1ch

Reaction score
Totally bizarre to throw the cup like that, the team at Palace and chorley were stronger. Its a worry he just didn't care about the cup or more worrying if he thought the lineup would be good enough.

Back
Top Bottom