Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Top Flight Players Concerned About Their Welfare - Might Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get ****ing jabbed. TV are saying almost all the hospital covid admissions are people who have not been jabbed. When they arrive in hospital the first thing they ask for is a jab. Get ****ing jabbed.
Sadly, millions like yourself swallow what the likes of the BBC and Sky pump out as gospel. The actual figure nationally is something like c.46-48%. Granted, as a percentage of the population it’s higher, but it’s still less than half the total figure.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly, millions like yourself swallow what the likes of the BBC and Sky pump out as gospel. The actual figure nationally is something like c.46-48%. Granted, as a percentage of the population it’s higher, but it’s still less than half the total figure.
Where did you get those 'actual figures' from?

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fixture congestion??
Three words - super ****ing league???

****ers

Too many games? wont stop them playing numerous pre season tours across the globe though.

i think any striking players will not get much sympathy from fans, certainly not from me
Or popping over to Doha for the World Super Duper Team Shiny Cup .

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not looked at the figures Sedge, but say 70 percent of adults have had 2 jabs or more and I think it could be higher....if the remaining 30 percent or less account for nearly half admissions, that looks significant to me.....

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listening to Sir John Bell on BBC Radio 4, the Regius Professor of Medicine at Oxford and a guy I happen to know (though that's irrelevant). I quote what he has just said: 'The vast majority of those admitted to Intensive care units with Covid are unvaccinated'. That's also what your charts on p. 46 show. This guy is not some journalist with an axe to grind

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listening to Sir John Bell on BBC Radio 4, the Regius Professor of Medicine at Oxford and a guy I happen to know (though that's irrelevant). I quote what he has just said: 'The vast majority of those admitted to Intensive care units with Covid are unvaccinated'. That's also what your charts on p. 46 show. This guy is not some journalist with an axe to grind
Regius Professor of Medicine at Oxford? Pah! what does he know compared to some bloke on the mix?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not looked at the figures Sedge, but say 70 percent of adults have had 2 jabs or more and I think it could be higher....if the remaining 30 percent or less account for nearly half admissions, that looks significant to me.....
I’m not after a row, and not saying as a % of the population there is a fair bit more unvaxxed in hospital versus vaxxed, however I’m just saying what the mainstream media are pumping out is largely agenda driven nonsense.

Anyway, it’s Christmas, sod covid. Up the Wolves.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he’s wrong. I’m literally quoting actual data, it’s there in black and white. No axe here. Simply presenting the facts.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not after a row, and not saying as a % of the population there is a fair bit more unvaxxed in hospital versus vaxxed, however I’m just saying what the mainstream media are pumping out is largely agenda driven nonsense.

Absolutely mate. The last 2 years can frankly sod off. Up the Wolves. Merry Xmas everyone.

binners

Reaction score

molinew

Reaction score
I think it's clear that comparisons with the past aren't very useful here. The fixture schedule is a lot more intense than it has ever been, and even as little as 10-20 years ago there was so much less running involved in football.

Jackie McNamara and Denis Irwin, for example, were class acts for Wolves but I can barely remember them needing to go past the half way line. Nowadays players are expected to run more and more, as the game has involved into the increasingly exciting spectacle for which there is all this demand.

Yes players may be fitter now, and benefit from improved diet and sports science, but there is only so much these improvements can do to lessen the burden on the bodies, including the organs like the heart, of players who are simply working harder and harder on the field all the time.

This doesn't fit with the narrative of pampered, overpaid players we see all the time on here, but there ultimately is a limit to how many games and under which conditions, players can reasonably be expected to play. The reason this has become a bigger topic is because recently the game's governing bodies are pushing that limit as hard as they can.

I think I read somewhere that until his injury, Raul had not had a summer off for muliple seasons, same as Son, with so many international tournaments taking place when players should be recuperating after increasingly long domestic seasons.

Personally I do think something has to give. If we want the quality of the 'product' to stay high, there should probably be fewer games

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
Wish the “big” 6 would have buggered off and had their super league so we don’t have to listen to this tripe from Henderson and Liverpool in general…….

You’re concerned about player welfare but …….
Want to play in a world club cup?
Want more CL games?
Want to fly half way round the world to play in a World Cup in grounds built by exploited migrant workers in the middle of the season in desert temperatures?

Just get in with it Jordan and stop moaning!
Player welfare is not an issue, just man up, put your boots on and play a game of football when your asked to for an extortionate amount of money and sponsorship add ons by your employers. Then go back to your Cheshire Mansion to put your feet up for a few days before playing football again.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It isn't agenda driven and you're misunderstanding the data (edited this as it got unnecessarily personal - because I'm fed up with misinformation being spread).

I spent a lot of my time dealing with science and sketicism, fighting misrepresentation of data, anti science, and people with actual agendas accusing those posting facts as having an agenda.

It pees me off no end that it's allowed here when it's both ludicrous and dangerous.

Edit: the only important fact is that you're far, far more likely to have a serious illness and end up in hospital if you're unvaccinated. Moreover, almost all ventilated patients are unvaccinated or are immune compromised. People who are voluntarily unvaccinated are putting themselves at risk (their choice) and creating a huge drain on resources.

We're increasingly having to make decisions based on the problems caused by a small % of society now. The rest of us are paying the price of misinformation. It's not acceptable to me that people can post lies and misinformation of this sort without consequence. Football board or not, this is not politics.

Last edited:

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It pees me off no end that it's allowed here when it's both ludicrous and dangerous.

So are you pro-censorship?

Or anti-discsussion?

I think it is vitally important that people with all manner of different views and opinions can be free to discuss issues rather than be silenced or punished by those who disagree or don't like what they are saying,

Why be scared of a debate? It is in fact the best way to discover the truth and science has always been and will always be a process of on-going study and re-evaluation as people learn new things.

Imagine where we would be if people didn't carry on testing and challenging existing science? That's how we make progress.

Galileo being a perfect example

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he’s wrong. I’m literally quoting actual data, it’s there in black and white. No axe here. Simply presenting the facts.
I don't think you know how to read those bar charts mate. Clue: as time has gone on, the raw number of the total population that is unvaccinated has rapidly decreased, but the proportion of those who are unvaccinated and caught the disease has not. Get it now? You can't tell from those charts what the actual numbers now are of those catching the disease who are unvaccinated, only the percentage proportions of a shrinking number. It is perfectly possible that, as John Bell says, the vast majority of those now ending up in ICUs are unvaccinated. I would believe the Oxford Regius Prof of Medicine on a matter like this over you every time, mate, sorry. He is an expert professional, and, I take it, you are not. Now tell me you don't believe 'experts'.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back on topic, I think this is partly about things like suggesting the world cup every two years. The players aren't being protected. However, teams and managers need to use their squads more too - that's the point of a squad.

Maybe limit how many minutes an individual can play.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back on topic, I think this is partly about things like suggesting the world cup every two years. The players aren't being protected. However, teams and managers need to use their squads more too - that's the point of a squad.

We would be ****ed if they limited playing time lol

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately that would suit the big clubs quite nicely.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know, but they do have extra games as it is and are the first to moan. I was only kidding anyway. The point is they have a squad so they don't have to burn players out.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big clubs are using this to push for an increase in the number of subs to 5 per game. I’m not against it in principle but it clearly benefits clubs with deeper squads.

justfriggin

Reaction score
A bit 'arsh on Trincao. I think you'll find he now drives an old Lambretta, not a Lamborghini.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh I hear what youre saying , you know theres still some people out there that think the world is round too !!!! ..... can you believe it?? Crazy loonies.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I hear what youre saying , you know theres still some people out there that think the world is round too !!!! ..... can you believe it?? Crazy loonies.
The lesson is not to live in fear. The players don’t we shouldn’t either. Nobody is crazy if players want to strike fine by me…. Take it as unpaid leave and breach of contract

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The reasoning is interesting. It's often about feeling a sense of belonging and the possibility of knowing something others don't. When people feel powerless, jealous, or fearful, conspiracies are very attractive even when total nonsense. It's pretty similar to the way cults work.

Anti vaxxers feed on (very understandable) fear. Most of it comes from a very, very few people, some of whom funnily enough earn a goddam fortune from it (they're also echo'ed by national agencies for disruptive purposes). These are the people who talk about agendas and the MSM because they want you to believe in only them. They don't want you to think, they just want you to belong to them so they sew doubt by twisting information, sometimes very cleverly and sometimes not. They pin everything on a lie meaning that truth can never break through - they can't afford it to do so. The film Don't Look Up is a black comedy but it sadly all too true.

I've dealt with otherwise 'smart' people numerous times where I can show very specific evidence which says one thing and they say it says the opposite - even when it's absolutely black and white.

Conspiracy theories are social viruses. Just like viruses it's possible to inoculate people but it helps (hugely) to educate people in critical thinking skills as children rather than adults. Critical thinking helps in many parts of life, not just fending off conspiracies.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love how I’m double vaxxed, still have a valid covid passport for a few weeks yet (which I refuse to ever use though as I find the thought of segregation abhorrent), have taken vaccines for various things my entire life, support the vaccination of vulnerable people, yet according to some on here I’m an ‘anti-vaxxer’.

Strange world we now live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom