Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Top Flight Players Concerned About Their Welfare - Might Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Working two days a week is hardly storming a Japanese gun placement with only three bullets in your Tommy gun and taking one in the chest before going on to win the VC is it?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The cynic in me says this is a warning shot being fired by certain parties to ensure they get their way going forward

Managers ‘playing it down’ means they’re tying to say something without actually doing it, IMHO… ‘let me postpone games when I want to or else’ is how I’m reading that

Chelsea didn’t like it did they

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Working two days a week is hardly storming a Japanese gun placement with only three bullets in your Tommy gun and taking one in the chest before going on to win the VC is it?
yeah, that won't resonate with anyone under the age of 70 at least. Japs are our allies and make great cars, and have Godzilla now.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aw, sad for Trincao as he probably wouldn't be able to buy another Lamborgini this month. Mind you, as he bought it after his first goal for Barca, presumably he's riding around Wolverhampton in a horse and cart to match his goal scoring prowess?

(I think really the big 6 are worried about surprise losses if they have to delve into their £300M under-23 squads)

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Whenevee i see complaints about number of games i think back to when;

- Squads were not the size they are now, - There were 4 more teams in the top division, meaning more games,
- Worse/heavier pitches to play on,
- Fitness/recovery not as advanced and no cryochambers etc
- Less subs allowed/used
- Cup ties had multiple replays
- General wages didnt allow a life of luxery........

And yet clubs still won titles and in europe, participated in both cups and for country.

And i just wish the managers would shut up (i know this is indicating the players are threatening) but klopp has already requested semi final to be one leg. I never recall it being an issue historically. And news flash jurgen/pep - you are not entitled to win everything.

Not wishing injury on anyone, but it feels pathetic. Especially as the most noise comes from the clubs with bigger squads. Manage your huge, multimillion pound squads better

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get ****ing jabbed. TV are saying almost all the hospital covid admissions are people who have not been jabbed. When they arrive in hospital the first thing they ask for is a jab. Get ****ing jabbed.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is that these players have all played during the new football era.
They should remember when games were called off because of the state of pitches during the winter months in times past.
Even more congestion of fixtures in those days before the advent of undersoil heating etc.
Guess what, players just got on with it.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would sympathise if this was directed at the greed of UEFA and especially FIFA ( **** off 'Professor' Wenger with your 2 yearly 48 team World Cups!) but if this is another shot across the bows of the PL and the FA Cup, they can **** right off. Let the entitled ********s **** off and play with themselves for ever in their European Super League and stop polluting our game for good! Give us our national game back!

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fixture congestion??
Three words - super ****ing league???

****ers

Too many games? wont stop them playing numerous pre season tours across the globe though.

i think any striking players will not get much sympathy from fans, certainly not from me

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aw, sad for Trincao as he probably wouldn't be able to buy another Lamborgini this month. Mind you, as he bought it after his first goal for Barca, presumably he's riding around Wolverhampton in a horse and cart to match his goal scoring prowess?

(I think really the big 6 are worried about surprise losses if they have to delve into their £300M under-23 squads)

How have you managed to make this about Trincao? Honestly, the obsession some fans have about particular players is unhealthy.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard Henderson bleating his *******s off about no-one listening to players and what about their physical and mental health for playing three times in a week at Christmas.
Well **** me with a thorned **** stick. If they don’t like what they’ve signed up to, quit and **** off to Amazon for £10.65 an hour. The entitled *****!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How have you managed to make this about Trincao? Honestly, the obsession some fans have about particular players is unhealthy.

I managed to bring the Big 6 in, too. Is that a healthy obsession? :D

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is that these players have all played during the new football era.
They should remember when games were called off because of the state of pitches during the winter months in times past.
Even more congestion of fixtures in those days before the advent of undersoil heating etc.
Guess what, players just got on with it.

Thought that when hearing some fans complaining, too. Back in the old days, I reckon they had pitch inspections at 1:30 for sure, might even have been 2:00. Certainly remember matches being called off when we had already got to the ground.

The length of string connecting the tin cans we used as primitive mobile phones back then tended to limit comms, so you just got in the horseless carriage, cranked the starter handle and set off hoping the match was on. As a child, it would be very upsetting, we looked forward to the match for weeks, only to be stood at an empty ground. We just got on with it. It didn't do any long term psychological damage. Arguably.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
My Dad ( like many others) worked in dirty filthy factories all his life, probably for peanuts. Nobody gave a toss for their wellbeing. These overpaid prima donnas need to have a reality check! They are fit well paid young men, playing the game they love for a job. I can’t believe what I am reading, they should all be ashamed of themselves.

…..or is it another game our top six “super league“ elite are playing?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get ****ing jabbed. TV are saying almost all the hospital covid admissions are people who have not been jabbed. When they arrive in hospital the first thing they ask for is a jab. Get ****ing jabbed.
Nope, Michael Gove said nearly half were unjabbed. That means over half had the jab.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The cynic in me says this is a warning shot being fired by certain parties to ensure they get their way going forward

Managers ‘playing it down’ means they’re tying to say something without actually doing it, IMHO… ‘let me postpone games when I want to or else’ is how I’m reading that

Chelsea didn’t like it did they

A lot of self interest at work. Pep standing by them because he wants less fixtures? Maybe he’s been inspired by City supporters who appear to have gone on strike too and stopped turning up for games.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Professional footballers have to be the most looked after medically, both mentally and physically of any profession...some of them need a reality check

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To bring a bit of balance to the thread, this is not the football of years ago and quite rightly people should and generally do care about the health of workers. Poor conditions years ago is irrelevant to today because we don't want to go backwards.

The players aren't moaning because they're pampered, it's because they play at the limit of their physical conditioning. Overplaying causes injuries which damage careers. That is never a good thing and it's irrelevant if they're paid a pound or a million pounds.

On the flip side, top teams have squads for a reason. They can and should rotate players. The complaint right now is about covid risks and the lack of options to do that rotating, pushing players to potentially damaging limits.

Look at the team chelsea put out against us. After all their moaning it was ridiculously strong. We struggle with squad size but then again bruno puts out more or less the same 10 or 11 players anyway, never playing the youngsters.

So whilst I think this thread is barking up the wrong tree, perhaps clubs should stop bleating and actually use their squads and youth instead of teams/managers/players moaning about burning out players, lack of prep time and injuries.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to see a cup created for all non league clubs leagues one & two, championship and bottom half of the prem. Make it like the champions league format but just straight knock outs and qualifying but call it like federation club cup or something make it cheap entry and you have a new cup that clubs suddenly would take an interest in. Because they know the big boys aren’t in there.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to see a cup created for all non league clubs leagues one & two, championship and bottom half of the prem. Make it like the champions league format but just straight knock outs and qualifying but call it like federation club cup or something make it cheap entry and you have a new cup that clubs suddenly would take an interest in. Because they know the big boys aren’t in there.
To be honest, I’d disagree with that. For all I feel their reasons behind wanting the League Cup to be dropped are wrong, I think the truth is that no one cares about cups any more until the latter stages or a big draw.

Essentially all that would be is an expanded EFL Trophy, and that’s even less cared for than the league cup. You don’t create an exciting competition by taking the most exciting teams out of it! Even our crowd against Liverpool a few years ago wasn’t a sell out, no ones going to turn up for the glory of playing Boreham Wood (and I’m saying that being one of the ones that would).

I don’t think people have an appetite for cup competitions any more, for whatever reason. Even across sports, in Rugby League, the Challenge Cup is dying a long slow death similar to the FA Cup. No one’s interested unless they’re in the final, and even then there’s not the buzz from neutrals that there used to be.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, I’d disagree with that. For all I feel their reasons behind wanting the League Cup to be dropped are wrong, I think the truth is that no one cares about cups any more until the latter stages or a big draw.

Essentially all that would be is an expanded EFL Trophy, and that’s even less cared for than the league cup. You don’t create an exciting competition by taking the most exciting teams out of it! Even our crowd against Liverpool a few years ago wasn’t a sell out, no ones going to turn up for the glory of playing Boreham Wood (and I’m saying that being one of the ones that would).

I don’t think people have an appetite for cup competitions any more, for whatever reason. Even across sports, in Rugby League, the Challenge Cup is dying a long slow death similar to the FA Cup. No one’s interested unless they’re in the final, and even then there’s not the buzz from neutrals that there used to be.
Non league clubs need more money why not create a cup that if teams don’t want to be in they don’t have to be or you could. EFL clubs would have a great chance of winning it. As you say would be glorified efl but would be nice to see non league teams get a pay day out of something rather than letting them die off

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard Henderson bleating his *******s off about no-one listening to players and what about their physical and mental health for playing three times in a week at Christmas.
Well **** me with a thorned **** stick. If they don’t like what they’ve signed up to, quit and **** off to Amazon for £10.65 an hour. The entitled *****!!
There's lots of asterisks in that one

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about they go on strike, we go on strike, it would appear most are unhappy with the direction football is heading. Unless you are in the perceived top 6.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

and yet they are all queuing up in the hope of going to Qatar WC despite the fact we all know what has gone on in Qatar and still does to this day: some evil stuff

They really are a bunch of flakey prima donnas

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Non league clubs need more money why not create a cup that if teams don’t want to be in they don’t have to be or you could. EFL clubs would have a great chance of winning it. As you say would be glorified efl but would be nice to see non league teams get a pay day out of something rather than letting them die off
I hear what you’re saying, but I just don’t see the point. There’d be next to no interest from anyone. Crowds would be minimal, most clubs, even the smaller ones, would see it as a grind and play their kids. And for what? A semi exciting tie every five years or so?

Even then, non league clubs don’t dream of playing Blackburn or West Brom. Even Spurs and Chelsea aren’t the deal of getting Man Utd or Liverpool. It just wouldn’t work. Plus lucrative ties are all well and fine, but it’s like buying scratch cards instead of budgeting your finances.

If they need more money, then by far the biggest issue in football right now, which is constantly overlooked because of jealousy of the riches that the PL generates, is that most lower and non league clubs have no understanding of the relationship between the in and out columns on their spreadsheets. It’s not wealth imbalance that’s the problem, it’s irresponsible chairmen. Most clubs are horrendously run businesses that think they are entitled to exist at a level that their finances suggest otherwise.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps they should have their jabs, man up and count their blessings that they earn a fortune for kicking a ball around ffs.
Couldn’t agree more.
I will balance it, with the fact that they do have to truly dedicate their lives to it at the top. 24/7, from childhood to when they stop.
Just the human things like diet, Christmas for those that do, throw in a dash of COVID, it’s undoubtedly hard.

However. Lots of us have had to go into even higher risk workplaces throughout. Some have to watch people, and colleagues dying around them. For less a year than they make in a week.
So I understand. But they can go and *******s.

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently, according to Conte, talking to the PL management was like 'talking to a wall'. It's fairly obvious that the PL are desperate to protect their revenue streams with the TV companies -- the last thing they want is a repeat of the empty stadia of 20/21. That would also apply to the club owners, who have to pay their employees' salaries, including by far the biggest element, the players' salaries, come what may.

I can't see why we should have any sympathy for the players' position at all. If they didn't get vaccinated, that was their choice. If their clubs couldn't persuade them, as many clubs did, the clubs should be made to feel the consequences -- they have to fulfil their fixtures provided they have 13 fit players and a goalie. If it means playing under 23s, tough. You made your bed, lie in it.

It's not as if there have never been epidemics before. There was one called Asian Flu in 1957 which was pretty similar to Covid, but I don't recall mass postponements like we have now. The clubs just got on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom