Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tommy Doyle

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you imagine having a cameraman following you around on your first day at work? I would bloddy hate it.
They take it in their stride though. Welcome Tommy.
It wouldn't be very comfortable for me either, but these young guys are used to the PR world from the age of 9 or 10.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if I’ve posted it here or not, but I actually think Doyle might be our best signing of the window. His pizza chart looks better than Neves, his set piece and dead ball deliveries are amazing and he has a lot to prove with his heritage.

I can see him doing a job for us.
Him and Sasa will be a menace on corners!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Doyle will sit bellegarde will move forward compliments lemina and traore and with lemina afcom and also being older there is future

Fyi both Doyle and bellegarde good for dead ball
Dead ball is a valid point, our set pieces for ages have been basically hoping Neves can have a shot. Hope this Bueno is decent at attacking set pieces.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Bueno and dawson good cbs at corners and set pieces
Dead ball is a valid point, our set pieces for ages have been basically hoping Neves can have a shot. Hope this Bueno is decent at attacking set pieces.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you imagine having a cameraman following you around on your first day at work? I would bloddy hate it.
This!

Especially when you’re doing your performance metrics… you’re surely thinking “right, don’t become a meme!”

How can he give his best? Meeting his team mates etc. I can get that… but some of the more candid stuff is just….odd.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So true, was a shrewd move by Hobbs and team!

But I don’t think we will get the 50% sell on taken out as they bank on transfer profits of the academy to bolster the clubs finances to retain the current stars and sign the new ones.

It was the reason sellers was sacked…. The transfer fees were starting to drop as the quality on the whole of what was coming through was much lower and getting lower. Shown by the reduction of Man City players in the junior international teams at the time. So to make sure their production line was still doing well, they got rid as the early and worrying signs and solutions offered weren’t seen as good enough
So we sell Doyle they get 50% of any profit from a low base while if they sell Nunes at a profit we only get 10% from a high base so even if they sold him for 100 mill we would only get 5 mill.
Impressive??

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we sell Doyle they get 50% of any profit from a low base while if they sell Nunes at a profit we only get 10% from a high base so even if they sold him for 100 mill we would only get 5 mill.
Impressive??
Doyle is probably worth £15m as things stand today, he is a player we needed and couldn’t afford with the size of rebuild needed.

So we have one year essentially free, then a fee 1/3 of his estimate value in the summer.

Where if he delivers, £5m will be an even bigger saving as his value would be higher yet again than the £5m paid and £15m estimated value today.

Very good business

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure if I’ve posted it here or not, but I actually think Doyle might be our best signing of the window. His pizza chart looks better than Neves, his set piece and dead ball deliveries are amazing and he has a lot to prove with his heritage.

I can see him doing a job for us.
His pizza chart? He eats more pizza than Ruben? But Cutrone top of the league?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched this. Strange that GON did not feature in the welcome or if he did it was not recorded? Pleased to see that at least Dawson sat with him at his arrival breakfast!

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like what I have read about Doyle , a born leader , think we need a bit of that at our club after Coady hope he can get established

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Poor lad! Couldn't they find somewhere more welcoming to do the photoshoot and the interview? Stairwells and what looks like a public loo.... And where was 'the gaffer' to welcome him? If I was the gaffer I would be there AND I would be introducing him individually to his new team mates. Hope he felt welcomed and loved! At least Neto gave him a cuddle, and Sasa was - as always - a nice guy (plus Dawson & Sa.). Let's hope Kilman as skipper was a bit more effusive away from the camera!

Hey ho! It's a strange world they inhabit.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He comes across in that "First Day" video as very determined, and probably someone who doesn't take much carp from people. Got a bit of the heat / a temper about him too maybe. We shall be no pushovers with him in the team, I suspect.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fancy him to get on the pitch at some point today. Would love him to net a goal for us!! Debit delight as Rob holding is left on the floor

Benny78

Reaction score
Another one I wanted to chat about and had to head 6 pages back to find his thread lol.

What does everyone think about Tommy? Certainly put in a shift, his passing is probably better than Lemina and Gomes, although Bellegarde probably brings similar to the table. I liked his game and am looking forward to seeing him progress, his forward thinking has been what’s missing for some time. All the best Tommy.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the fact he offers something different again in midfield

He's got the guile, Bellegarde the pace and skill, Boubs a Vieira type with Lemina and Gomes our two attack dogs

Back
Top Bottom