Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Support

E

Edgmond Wolf

I was in the side for a change yesterday H, The South Bank was the loudest altho I agree not at their best.
But absolute praise to the Steve Bull stand and the north Bank for giving it back in equal measures.

I maybe a regular South Banker, but I am a Wolves fan like everyone, first and foremost, and its just wonderful when the three sides get going.

I would say that in all my years watching Wolves , the Steve Bull yesterday was louder than I have ever heard it..

Now, imagine that it was right next to the pitch and joined up to the SB and NB. The singing would spread and be quite superb. So that is why I dream of a joined up, closer to the pitch Steve Bull stand - at times the noise would be truly awesome.
Of course the South Bank was the loudest....I was in there:D:D:D

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious that there are lot of people who like to be in the SB and bought season tickets who don't sing as much as some others who now can't get in and choose to go in J8-10 in particular. The SB is not bouncing like it has done at times in the past, the Steve Bull was louder yesterday than it has ever been, it's fine, we're all just there to have a good time, we didn't need "where were you when we were ****" or "can you hear the south bank sing" but it's all just friendly when the away fans are miles away and silent. There was a genuine feeling of celebration when the "we're the SB, we're the NB, were the Steve Bull" went round the ground - we need more of that, much, much more.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
It’s a strange old place Molineux sometimes. There have been seasons where the place rocks, and it is a pleasure to be, and there are other times where we have 25k + and it is quiet as a morgue. The noisiest I can remember it being (since the ground was redeveloped) was the couple of good seasons we had under Dave Jones, and the first season under McCarthy when we were unexpectedly challenging for the playoffs. Taylor’s first season and McGhee’s first was also noisy at times.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Who's to say they are tourists or plastic fans anyway? I bet the majority of them go to a few games a season but have just upped their rate of attendance this year. The group of fans who pick and choose their games is huge in comparison to season ticket holders so if that group up their attendance by just a few games a season you will see a big increase in average attendance.

No need to cry every time it's a sell out, reminiscing of the good old days when you stood shoulder to shoulder on the south bank with a couple of thousand other die hards as we dropped like a stone through the divisions. Just tell the plastic guy next to you that you were here when we were **** to make yourself feel better, then sit in silence next to him for the remainder of the game thinking about how you can slag him off online once you get home for ruining the atmosphere.

E

Essex Wolf

There’s a lot of fans jumping on the bandwagon, my neighbour hadn’t been for years and all of a sudden is going a lot, he openly says he’s a fair weather fan and won’t go when they’re rubbish, is that right or wrong not sure.
Oh careful QB, When I alluded to the same thing recently it wasn't taken at all well even though it was no more than the truth being spoken. And there's nothing wrong with more fans turning up and I'm all for a full Molineux but said back then as I will now it doesn't detract from the facts.

As regards the OP itself. I've heard Molineux louder with less support but likewise heard it very quite at times and quieter than yesterday when a good crowds been in.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I started going in 1965 had a couple of season tickets from 1993 til 2011 when having an exceptionally talented athletic daughter meant I was missing too many games. Since then I get to 5 to 10 games a season. I tend not to be much of a singer these days. Now if that makes me less of a supporter in some eyes so be it.

I thought yow Welsh were the bee's knees at singing.

Yow am Welsh ay ya.Gewin by ya name ay i.:D

M

Mr Wolf

It’s not the crowd size or the type of fans that attend it’s just the damn pessimism of Wolves fans in general, we simply can’t enjoy it & there’s a err of disbelief around the atmosphere.

It’s like a major drawn out play off final game vs Sheff Utd, even at 3-0 we couldn’t believe it but this seasons only 45 mins gone. When Sir Jack gives us the thumbs up we’ll all go mental & it will be the best ever. Come on Wolves do it for us.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crowds increasing, atmosphere (at times) reducing. Strange but true.
The benchmark for me this season has to be Villa and Bristol City and we've come no where near that since.

I too was hoping that we would be backing Nuno and the team with non-stop singing yesterday, and a bigger goal half time advantage would possibly have been the trigger. We tried some Christmas stuff but even that tailed off.
As it was, we were always at risk of them snatching an undeserved equalizer which seemed to play in the minds of the crowd and keep most quiet.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City have won 17 matches in a row and judging by MOTD yo7 could have heard a pin drop in the Etihad for most of their match yesterday.

As for Molineux I thought there were times when the South Bank was really loud yesterday but also there long periods of quiet, I could hear Mick shouting instructions from the SBull upper.

E

Essex Wolf

Crowds increasing, atmosphere (at times) reducing. Strange but true.
The benchmark for me this season has to be Villa and Bristol City and we've come no where near that since.

I too was hoping that we would be backing Nuno and the team with non-stop singing yesterday, and a bigger goal half time advantage would possibly have been the trigger. We tried some Christmas stuff but even that tailed off.
As it was, we were always at risk of them snatching an undeserved equalizer which seemed to play in the minds of the crowd and keep most quiet.
Good points GA and I can't help but wonder if the teams recent struggles in games have had an effect? Whenever there's only 1 goal in it the nerves are there and the nagging doubt the oppostion will sneak an equaliser with moments left. Yes it's great Wolves are winning and keeping clean sheets but the apprehension and tension are palpable and it seems the closer to the final whsitle the worse it gets.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City have won 17 matches in a row and judging by MOTD yo7 could have heard a pin drop in the Etihad for most of their match yesterday.

As for Molineux I thought there were times when the South Bank was really loud yesterday but also there long periods of quiet, I could hear Mick shouting instructions from the SBull upper.
i sit at the mid way point of the BW and could hear individual people in the SB at times, it was that quiet. Personally I think the main reason is there wasn't actually much attacking football. we passed around a lot but it wasn't massively exciting. good, interesting yes but not exciting. This whole nonsense about new fans needs to stop. If we go up then we can expect 30k or maybe many more every week for years to come. surely no one really wants to go back to 17k on a cold tuesday night for a 0-0 and by the way it wasn't noisy then either. The proper atmosphere died 30 years ago in all grounds when they went all seater. the reason being (in my view) that people ,although still standing, are much less closely packed. back in the 70s you wouldn't have needed a coat at any match this season. at times the mol can still be great and I love it full. I just don't like the chants agianst our own fans. Not once did I either hear a chant directed at Ipswich or from Ipswich. self righteous "where were you when we were ****" does my head in.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, the best and loudest games seem to be when there’s a big away following to direct some ire at.

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I haven't been to molineux since 2009 , but go to as many away games as I can , usually about 5-6 as I prefer the following . Whether losing 5-0 or winning 3-0 same support and enthusiasm

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hto be fair, the football hasn’t been that exciting recently. Efficient, comfortable, great results, fantasy position in the league but a little bit routine. So consequently the crowd has been relatively quiet. Lots of chances and shots = increased crowd response. Not a criticism , just a fact.
We had quite a few decent chances yesterday. Had we taken most of them we would have won very easily (6-0 had Saiss, Costa, Jota, Bright and Cavaleiro all converted decent chances and there were others e.g Douglas’ free kick) and no doubt the noise level would have increased as each goal went in.

Last edited:
R

reanswolf

We had quite a few decent chances yesterday. Had we taken most of them we would have won very easily (6-0 had Saiss, Costa, Jota, Bright and Cavaleiro all converted decent chances and there were others e.g Douglas’ free kick) and no doubt the noise level would have increased as each goal went in.
I have to say it annoys me that people have to wait to score to create noise, but I guess it is inevitable in a way.
Its not just a Wolves thing by the way.

D

Deleted member 4453

I didn't wanna be not giving 100% in the SB yesterday I didn't give a ****.
As per the people around me were fairly quiet, slightly better. Some more bothered about how S****horpe were doing.

Made me laugh how when J9 had a bit of a chant going they soon piped up to shout them down with the "where we're you when we ****" chants.
laughable. Didn't get involved in that one.. sorry

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I thought it was distinctly average again yesterday.

The team effort does for the most drive the response from the stands but on occasion this has to be reversed when it isn't easy sailing.

Them clappers are going to be needed big style if we can't switch it on for the team well enough naturally.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was the ultimate glory hunter on the pitch at half time admitting he hadn't graced Molineux for 4 years but came along to see what it was all about. Probably didn't pay for a ticket either...

R

reanswolf

Talking of "on the pitch" did anyone else think john Richards sounded a bit ****ed. He was my absolute hero but I thought he was a bit OTT yesterday.

In contrast don't particularly care for Steve Hunt, as he certainly doesn't think that much of Wolves, from what I heard of him on Talk Sport - his best or happiest days were at poxy Reading and Hull.

D

Deleted member 4453

thought yesterday being Christmas weekend and everyone perhaps being drunk would've made for a riotous atmosphere.
Although it wasnts hugely quiet it wasn't awfully loud

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
There was the ultimate glory hunter on the pitch at half time admitting he hadn't graced Molineux for 4 years but came along to see what it was all about. Probably didn't pay for a ticket either...

That was JR wasn't it?

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

I was extremely disappointed by that to be honest.....can't quite grasp why it was so considering the great love and historic relevance to the club with his different positions with us.

Not something I would at all care to admit to to the respecting masses.:(

Is it just me?

R

reanswolf

I couldn't hear all he was saying, with my hearing etc.

But yes it sounded like he didn't really care!

Am I being unfair?

Happy Xmas!!

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John Richards is a legend, and always will be in my eyes, why do ex players have to come along reguarly ? i live opposite Peter Marinello, and he only goes back to Arsenal when he gets a freebie invite.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it was quiet in spells but when there was noise it was louder than most of the games I've been to this season. First half generally good, start of the second half was quiet for a while
overall thought the support was good
This is about right, the range of songs was better than some other games this season too, I heard a good rendition of Wanderers scarf, hark now hear, Stevie Bull's a tatter, plus all the other standard songs and the crap new ones. Considering the lack of excitement (FFS, get a man in the box when we get it out wide, we don't always have to walk it in) I thought it was decent.

My only gripe was that the North Bank only made woke up in the second half to groan when Bright didn't play more directly, after patiently accepting that other players will go sideways when necessary.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're in the comfort zone, I've said it before, it needs a bit of edge to get the crowd going (insert Edgemond joke here) unless it's a local derby or there's a bit of bad feeling the atmosphere tends to be a bit flat.
If we go up and it's looking likely we will, the atmosphere will improve when we have teams coming at us instead of trying to stop us playing.
We haven't even gone behind in a game for ages. If we conceded early I think we would see us cranking it up on and off the field.

But it's nice being in the comfort zone too!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shouldn't the club be doing something to whisk folk into a frenzy.
Hi ho Silver Lining and the Shouty man is getting a bit stale for me

What's wrong with playing the songs that have become part of our anthems before the kick off (in fairness I only just made the kick off on Saturday so not sure if Merry Christmas Everybody, Merry Christmas Everyone etc were played, of which we have our own renditions).

For me, I'd throw in some Zepp (Rock n Roll), I predict a Riot, Mama weer all crazee now, Somebody told me, Sex on fire, in fact anything that gets folk fired up and ready for a good shout.

Ok, I'll get of my high horse and have a mince pie....................."And now our team, Wolverhampton Wanderers. In goal...........etc"

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just play the liquidator that'll get everyone bouncing

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I still don't get why there are empty seats in the North Bank? quite a sprinkling consistently.
Not knocking those who attend in the NB, but its strange.

Dunno how many are empty in the NB cos i sit there so dont see it, there were 4 in the row behind me who must be ST who didn't come. I noticed a fair few gaps in the SB yesterday, all clusters so assume that ST holders who didn't come

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't hear all he was saying, with my hearing etc.

But yes it sounded like he didn't really care!

Am I being unfair?

Happy Xmas!!

In fairness, wasn’t he introduced by shouty man by saying ‘what’s it like seeing a good team ‘ :D

G

German Wolf

Just play the liquidator that'll get everyone bouncing

Because some people want to shout **** off West Brom while supposedly supporting Wolves? Personally, I can go with that but I prefer our pre- and post match anthems to focus on our team/club. And, can we please move on from the sixties and seventies, forty or fifty years ago - Status Quo? Dear me! Can you imagine Peter Knowles and the Doog running out to something from the 1920s?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because some people want to shout **** off West Brom while supposedly supporting Wolves? Personally, I can go with that but I prefer our pre- and post match anthems to focus on our team/club. And, can we please move on from the sixties and seventies, forty or fifty years ago - Status Quo? Dear me! Can you imagine Peter Knowles and the Doog running out to something from the 1920s?

Interested to hear what your pre-match songs/entertainment would be "GW" if you want to discard the 60/70's anthems to the dustbin......

Merry Christmas :)

Back
Top Bottom