Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Support

D

Deleted member 6526

I think you lot went to the wrong game, it wasn't that bad.

From where I was sat in the middle of the lower bull, the south bank for the most part sounded great. A brief pause quickly got a nudge from the upper bull, which bought them back to life. I think a lot of it is going to be dependant on where you were sat though. I was surrounded by families and kids, and was a bit gutted that I could not really join in without really feeling lonesome or a bit inappropriate. So I sat there in silence, and maybe that is why I was able to just sit and take in the sound of the stadium which like I said, for the most part enjoyed.

There certainly were some silent moments though, and god did those sound strange. For those that was not at the game, imagine a murmur of 30,000 people commenting to each other things like "we could really do with another goal" or how a certain player is not performing as well as they should... well it just sounded eerie and weird, like how a cinema sounds when everyone is getting up at the end of a movie and telling each other that they liked or disliked the film and if they need a wee or not... but a lot louder, and from all directions, surround sound murmurs. I have no idea what the players must have felt, but my guess is it couldn't have been a nice feeling.

Overall though it was good but I think we need to be aware of those eerie murmuring moments and shut them down when they start if we intend to do our bit, even if it means embarrassing ourselves around people who do not know us and maybe sounding like an idiot... We need some backbone, ignore those around us, shake off our shyness. The team needs to know that the sort of person they are playing for supports them vocally as well as financially.
Together we ARE better.
**** it, what I am trying to say is just make some noise and don't give a **** about those around you as chances are they are just waiting for someone else to start the choir.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am actually starting to hear a lot more singing in the family section - obviously not the songs that aren’t appropriate for kids but it is definitely changing. Everyone is just a tad reserved.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there’s a lot of fans who are waiting for the bubble to burst as it all seems too good to be true. So it gets a bit edgy when just one up
However if it transpires that we can clinch promotion in the Home game against Brum then you won’t quite have ever heard an atmosphere like it

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have gone a bit flat in recent games, very odd

Team needed us today at 70mins but south bank just didn’t seem up for it

Like others have said, hopefully when games mean more or teams come at us then it will get back to good noise

But do wish people would just sing!
I really wanted this to carry on too and think it would have got louder and louder !! But think we won a corner and the Barry Douglas song piped up so stopped it in its wake !! This definately needs to take off though , I remember at Highbury the clock end and north bank did it and it sounded quality ...

D

Deleted member 6526

Tell ya summat, I did not notice people walking out early today at all... well except for a bit at around 90 mins.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm pretty quiet til something sparks me into life at a game and it's 100% down to nerves. Until we take the lead I'm jittery and feel sick unless we get a penalty, there's a succession of corners, red card, something like that. Can't help it. I guess there are a few more like me.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a lot of fans jumping on the bandwagon, my neighbour hadn’t been for years and all of a sudden is going a lot, he openly says he’s a fair weather fan and won’t go when they’re rubbish, is that right or wrong not sure.

Id rather a packed stadium with a mix of all sorts rather than half full stadium of die hards.

Conversely if i was a regular and being inconvenienced in any way by a fairweather fan id feel slightly peeved too.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thought the atmosphere was fine yesterday, went quiet a few times, but otherwise plenty of noise. South Bank were great, as ever, I'm more and more tempted to get my season ticket in there next year! North Bank was fine too, and the family by me who leave after 80 minutes even stopped to the end this week! Maybe they read the mix haha!

D

Deleted member 4382

Thought the atmosphere was fine yesterday, went quiet a few times, but otherwise plenty of noise. South Bank were great, as ever, I'm more and more tempted to get my season ticket in there next year! North Bank was fine too, and the family by me who leave after 80 minutes even stopped to the end this week! Maybe they read the mix haha!
Come and join the light side.

N

Northamptonwolf

I think we are way to hard on ourselves. As much as i get the buzz when the ground is buzzing and bouncing in reality in this country its not common that that is going to happen anywhere for the full 90 mins every week.

D

Deleted member 3604

I'm getting used to the tourists. But, still can't fathom why you would only watch them when they are winning. That's not really supporting is it?

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I'm getting used to the tourists. But, still can't fathom why you would only watch them when they are winning. That's not really supporting is it?

Suppose it's like anything, if you're paying money for an experience, you want some guarantee that it will be good. Like, you don't buy tickets for the theatre if all the reviews have been awful, and you know the actors in it are crap.

I know football's slightly different like, but I think people are more likely to come to the Wolves game this season than last because the chance of seeing something enjoyable is much more.

D

Deleted member 3604

The "we're the south bank/north bank/Steve Bull" chant needs to become a fixture.

It's a bit cheesy and I'm hoping the South Bank can produce a bit of humour. Copybook songs sang around all the grounds in the league. The Cav song is getting boring now ... I just love a bellowed ' We are Wolves " that really does it for me ... or a ' ****y Wanderers '

D

Deleted member 3604

Suppose it's like anything, if you're paying money for an experience, you want some guarantee that it will be good. Like, you don't buy tickets for the theatre if all the reviews have been awful, and you know the actors in it are crap.

I know football's slightly different like, but I think people are more likely to come to the Wolves game this season than last because the chance of seeing something enjoyable is much more.

Oh fair enough I get that but the experience in itself is the Wolves and the Wolves is all encompassing regardless of the results. I'm just one of those who'll still go if they are rubbish. It's me and I'll really miss them one day ...

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Oh fair enough I get that but the experience in itself is the Wolves and the Wolves is all encompassing regardless of the results. I'm just one of those who'll still go if they are rubbish. It's me and I'll really miss them one day ...

Yeah me too! I think in a weird way, you can enjoy the bad days as much as the good ones, if you do it right. Matchday isn't just the 90 minutes, and sometimes no matter how bad them 90 minutes are, you can still have a really good day!

I get the frustration about "fairweather" fans and "glory hunters", but I just can't bring myself to criticise anyone who turns up and pays their money to support the Wolves. Even if it's just for one game, they're one of us!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for packing the place out,new fans, stay aways returning etc but I can't agree with only coming if we're winning !

We go to most home / away and have done for many years so that attitude doesn't sit easy with us sorry .

W

wolvesultra

Threads on here (including the mention of tourists), posts on Facebook and Twitter all again re the relatively poor atmosphere and we've not achieved anything yet.

Worrying to think how poor/plastic it'll get if/when Fosun's big plans come to fruition.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree to an extent but thought we were quite negative in our play and that transmits to the crowd, but we won so who gives a ****!
Teams are just killing the game now at Molineux. There was one point where Ipswich had a clear break in the second half and eight players (not including goalkeeper) stayed back!

I'm looking forward to the Brentford game as they may actually try and play us toe to toe.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teams are just killing the game now at Molineux. There was one point where Ipswich had a clear break in the second half and eight players (not including goalkeeper) stayed back!

I'm looking forward to the Brentford game as they may actually try and play us toe to toe.

That's why we are deadly away from home .

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans become supporters when it's good.
Supporters become fans when it's bad.

Super Supporters - they ain't called the SS for nothing.

M

Mr Wolf

The atmosphere at the moment currently relates to the performances we’re putting in, fairly comfortable & doing enough.

It’s harder when we have something to play for because most want to concentrate on the game & it sounds silly but there is a nervousness when you have something to lose rather than when you have nothing & can go for broke.

At times it’s very loud but it’s not on going like in some games.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Threads on here (including the mention of tourists), posts on Facebook and Twitter all again re the relatively poor atmosphere and we've not achieved anything yet.

Worrying to think how poor/plastic it'll get if/when Fosun's big plans come to fruition.
Yeah! I preferred it when we were ****, fighting to stay in this league!

People as always are just being ****y about nothing. If we do get ‘plastic’ then that can only mean that success has been achieved on the pitch, something I’m sure as a fellow ‘long term sufferer’ would appreciate and enjoy.

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm still not sure how the arrival of more fair weather types has had a detrimental effect on the atmosphere, unless they are taking the place of more vocal supporters?

W

wolvesultra

Yeah! I preferred it when we were ****, fighting to stay in this league!

People as always are just being ****y about nothing. If we do get ‘plastic’ then that can only mean that success has been achieved on the pitch, something I’m sure as a fellow ‘long term sufferer’ would appreciate and enjoy.

So you can't become successful without becoming plastic? Shame that cuz when I mentioned being worried about it early on I was dismissed on here and assured by most that we Wolves are different and that wouldn't happen.

Success at all costs? I'm honestly not sure either way how I feel on that.

Never really got the term long suffering supporter. I've not suffered even when times were bad I bloody love supporting Wolves because of who we are and what it represents. Must we lose that to be successful?

S

ShropshireLad

I did like the bit when the South Bank sang

“We’re the South Bank, we’re the South Bank, we’re the South Bank Molineux”

Which was immediately followed by

“We’re the Steve Bull, we’re the Steve Bull.... etc”

And immediately followed by

“We’re the North Bank...etc”

Sounded fantastic - would have been great if it had carried on
All three should have in unison then sung:
They're the Billy Quiet, they're the Billy Quiet,
They're the Billy Quiet, Molineux,
And they don't sing much together
Just like me and you.

R

reanswolf

Surely the core loyal supporters are still there? No one is stopping them from making noise. So lets stop this notion that fair-weather fans damage the atmosphere.
There was actually some singing in the BW upper too.

I return to the fact that Molineux's side stands are just so far back from the action it actually just fades away. Again, get the Steve Bull attached to the two ends if possible and do a new Steve Bull near the pitch - you won't get those moments so much. Having said that I watched the first half of the Everton game last week and despite being hemmed in, the atmosphere was lliterally like a morgue v Swansea.

The acoustics at Molineux are strange - the two ends can't hear each other well.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you can't become successful without becoming plastic? Shame that cuz when I mentioned being worried about it early on I was dismissed on here and assured by most that we Wolves are different and that wouldn't happen.

Success at all costs? I'm honestly not sure either way how I feel on that.

Never really got the term long suffering supporter. I've not suffered even when times were bad I bloody love supporting Wolves because of who we are and what it represents. Must we lose that to be successful?
You are ****ing moaning that we will become more plastic as we get successful, I’m not arguing for either but stating should we, then, it’s an indicator for success and a something any fan will enjoy. It’s lunacy not to do so, especially since the past quarter century we’ve been nothing but an average Championship side.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hogshead was ace after the game.
Thought it was good first half, not that great 2nd half, then piped up again in 92nd minute.
Think fans who like a singsong are too spread out now, and a lot who used to go in the south bank now have to sit down in another stand. Would help having another safe standing area other than the south bank.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anyone else notice their keeper taking an eternity to take goal kicks?! Was like they were happy keeping the score down at 1.

D

Deleted member 4257

Great win today, chuffed
7 points clear at the top and 10 points clear of third place
Could life be better, not really
Well..............today's vocal support IMO was poor
I could go on but I won't
What's your thoughts?
Did you chant ?

W

wolvesultra

You are ****ing moaning that we will become more plastic as we get successful, I’m not arguing for either but stating should we, then, it’s an indicator for success and a something any fan will enjoy. It’s lunacy not to do so, especially since the past quarter century we’ve been nothing but an average Championship side.

An average championship side with identity and a gold and black beating heart! If it's that or a successful but soulless club with no identity....then your right any 'fan' will enjoy it but supporters?? I genuinely don't know. Maybe in the short term.

R

reanswolf

The Steve Bull boomed out "The Steve Bull" chant yesterday once or twice, and again that three-stand chant was excellent.

Not saying support was fantastic but I thought it was ok, very good in short parts.

For whatever reason, xmas games are usually really flat, so this was better than many!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

reanswolf

The sides couldn't hear the South Bank yesterday :p
I was in the side for a change yesterday H, The South Bank was the loudest altho I agree not at their best.
But absolute praise to the Steve Bull stand and the north Bank for giving it back in equal measures.

I maybe a regular South Banker, but I am a Wolves fan like everyone, first and foremost, and its just wonderful when the three sides get going.

I would say that in all my years watching Wolves , the Steve Bull yesterday was louder than I have ever heard it..

Now, imagine that it was right next to the pitch and joined up to the SB and NB. The singing would spread and be quite superb. So that is why I dream of a joined up, closer to the pitch Steve Bull stand - at times the noise would be truly awesome.

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who'd of thought it... Portuguese players performing wonders through a cold December, it's the fans that need to step up...

We've seemed numb since the cold snap...

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s wrong either to be honest, it’s a personal thing how you choose to support a club.
I started going in 1965 had a couple of season tickets from 1993 til 2011 when having an exceptionally talented athletic daughter meant I was missing too many games. Since then I get to 5 to 10 games a season. I tend not to be much of a singer these days. Now if that makes me less of a supporter in some eyes so be it.

Back
Top Bottom