Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games...

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Careful, the ex-players can't be mentioned police will be here any minute.

Don't think we'd have got anymore cash than we did, only thing to hope for is a hefty sell on clause, not like he's ever settled at a club long term.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£14 million was a fair deal all round - it's a huge sum.

He's obviously worth it though.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletcher is a fantastic player, the most gifted we have seen down the Wolves for at least 30 years. The Manchester clubs aside he could easily start for any club in the league.

In our position though 14m was a decent enough offer. No point moaning now just because he is showing the rest of the country was us Wolves fans already knew.

Hope Adrian Durham is watching again today. $$$$.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Football is swings and roundabouts when it comes to buying and selling players, even teams like Man U have jumped on the wrong ride once or twice, but they have moved on and got on with the job in hand.

In Fletcher's case he's not exactly Ronaldo or Becks and is highly unlikely to be anywhere near either, so for the money we received and the circumstances involved I think we have done well no matter how many goals he gets this season.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletcher is a top player, but its one thing playing for Sunderland, with all the millions and a ground with attendances of 50k, and Wolves a rather humble club. With Wolves he could have scored some more goals, but with Sunderland having so many starts in the team its a totally different story and would score more goals up there.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan is failing in the same way that Hayward did, recruiting Managers and Chief Execs from the worldwide football world rather than from all the jack of all trade experts who clearly (think they) know better readily available on Molineux Mix.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14 was bang on!!! Remember he wanted to go!! Don't forget that. Pleased for him though, he's probably had more chances in 2 games for them that about 15 for us which shows how $$$$ we were going forward yet we sold a average winger for 10!!!!!!! 24 million for 1 definate prem player and 1 iffy prem player. If stale can't use that sort of cash to get us up then $$$$ me he's $$$$

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14 was bang on!!! Remember he wanted to go!! Don't forget that. Pleased for him though, he's probably had more chances in 2 games for them that about 15 for us which shows how $$$$ we were going forward yet we sold a average winger for 10!!!!!!! 24 million for 1 definate prem player and 1 iffy prem player. If stale can't use that sort of cash to get us up then $$$$ me he's $$$$

I think it's more a case of IF Stale gets the cash and by looking at the fee's we've been paying (Not writing these players off) he hasn't been given as big a transfer chest as we've all been led to believe. I hope that if things aren't working by January, he's given a hefty sum to spend on replacing our awful back four.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2nd bottom going into tomorrow.

This forum is going to go into meltdown if we lose tomorrow. None of these games are must win so early but this next week is huge for us, even this early, in that I think it really sets the tone. A poor week and we'll be as good as bottom and the pressure on Solbakken will be really cranked up, a positive week and we'll be top 6 and for the first time in a long time looking up rather than down.

D

Dougan was king

Should have signed Jordan Rhodes ,sky commentator said he was magnificent today.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This forum is going to go into meltdown if we lose tomorrow. None of these games are must win so early but this next week is huge for us, even this early, in that I think it really sets the tone. A poor week and we'll be as good as bottom and the pressure on Solbakken will be really cranked up, a positive week and we'll be top 6 and for the first time in a long time looking up rather than down.

Meltdown? Christ it takes nothing for that

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The back 4 were never sorted and no signs of anything in the loan market , I fear a real beating tomorrow and wonder why I have got tickets for our next 2 away games.

Blackburn have a clown of a manager yet they do appear a very strong side and we will be playing catchup by the looks of it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This coming three games are big in terms of how our season goes in my opinion.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It already is...

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If were still bottom half after 10 games I think Stale should be sacked and Dave Bassett appointed and paid 600K a season. WE NEED RESULTS!!!!!!

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should have signed Jordan Rhodes ,sky commentator said he was magnificent today.

He looks an excellent player, no question, but Blackburn paid £8m for him. To be honest I'm happy that we don't pay that sort of money for any player currently, especially an unproven one - even if he does have potential.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally and utterly disagree, every home game is a MUST WIN. Lets face it, we are useless away from home, so all the more reason to bag 3 points tomorrow. Yes, if we lose, it's meltdown time, and after 10 % of the season is passed, and we are in the bottom 2, what else would you expect...a civil parade...open top bus tour....for goodness sake, we are already looking like a team with no ideas and confidence

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
He looks an excellent player, no question, but Blackburn paid £8m for him. To be honest I'm happy that we don't pay that sort of money for any player currently, especially an unproven one - even if he does have potential.

It's a call the club made....if it comes of and gets them back in the GL would it not be a super call? Sometimes you have to gamble if you think it is right.

I got the feeling from SS's comments on him that we would have been interested but not at that price.

D

Dougan was king

It's a call the club made....if it comes of and gets them back in the GL would it not be a super call? Sometimes you have to gamble if you think it is right.

I got the feeling from SS's comments on him that we would have been interested but not at that price.

That's probably why we are where we are.
Maybe a gamble but if it came off we would be laughing our way to the bank

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally and utterly disagree, every home game is a MUST WIN. Lets face it, we are useless away from home, so all the more reason to bag 3 points tomorrow. Yes, if we lose, it's meltdown time, and after 10 % of the season is passed, and we are in the bottom 2, what else would you expect...a civil parade...open top bus tour....for goodness sake, we are already looking like a team with no ideas and confidence

10%... really? So what happens with the other 90%? We've just signed a bunch of foreigners and the rest have been impacted negatively after being relegated last season, don't expect them to work magic when they've been here less than a month.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score

I'm not.

M

Mugwump

Three seasons ago everyone was saying the same about SEB.

Rhodes is a poacher that's full of confidence, SEB is a poacher with zero confidence.

Go and watch the highlights from our promotion season, that SEB was just as good as Rhodes, hopefully we can get him back.

Rhodes is a bit more than a poacher tbf. SEB and Rhodes are nothing alike in their styles. I do agree though that a SEB with more confidence is an excellent player at this level. Confidence does amazing things to players.

M

Mugwump

It's not he fee that bothers me for Rhodes, it's his wages . Over 40k a week in the championship is madness.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Would much rather have spent £8,000,000 on defenders rather than spending it on Jordan Rhodes.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So it's better to pay a couple of mill for an unproved one who's scored no goals - even if he does have potential in Scandinavia?

Sorry but this new, so called, revolution just does not fit with me at the present time.

I have come to the conclusion that after the dross served up last season too many Wolves supporters are grasping at straws and seeing the new set up as a miracle way forward.

Bring on Leicester and a result at home, we need a second win this year.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
So it's better to pay a couple of mill for an unproved one who's scored no goals - even if he does have potential in Scandinavia?

Sorry but this new, so called, revolution just does not fit with me at the present time.

I have come to the conclusion that after the dross served up last season too many Wolves supporters are grasping at straws and seeing the new set up as a miracle way forward.

Bring on Leicester and a result at home, we need a second win this year.
As always Ogerp, for over a decade- +1

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Panic amongst some of us as usual. Of course we should be winning home games but it will take another couple of months for newcomers to gel and then I expect better results. For now it is going to be difficult and I reckon we will draw with Leicester which would of course be disappointing.

Supporters as usual are unbelievably fickle and impatient. Try and see the bigger picture and realise that all these changes were very necessary and it will take time to turn the oil tanker round. We have an excellent manager in place and a lot of new players who need our support. Don't take the first opportunity to undermine their confidence which is fragile enough at the moment as it is. PATIENCE. Have we not learnt after the habitual negativity over the years which has damaged the confidence of a succession of players. Give this new lot a chance ffs!

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How many times have we seen a team/s emerge from the pack over the second half of the season in this league, while the early pace-setters dry up and slip back down?

We'll be there or thereabouts.

Back
Top Bottom