Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I was wrong, that was a goal too. So 2 goals and 2 pens they should have had. I mean the first one the lino is actually patting his shoulder above the T-shirt line which is supposed to be handball. Incredible.

4 apologies needed from one game, who says VAR isn't fit for purpose (depending on what you think it's purpose is).

That game was a classic example of the officials favouring the Sky Six against any potential interlopers. Disgraceful decisions.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
That game was a classic example of the officials favouring the Sky Six against any potential interlopers. Disgraceful decisions.
I always lean towards simple incompetence, especially when told it's Salisbury, but that game does make you wonder, we've had some bad ones, but two goals disallowed for handball that haven't hit the handball area and two blatant penalties in one game is going it a bit!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the Brentford game there is no way in hell we get either of those penalties.

We can all be quick to criticise the team but with the appropriate decisions we would have been home and hosed by now.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I always lean towards simple incompetence, especially when told it's Salisbury, but that game does make you wonder, we've had some bad ones, but two goals disallowed for handball that haven't hit the handball area and two blatant penalties in one game is going it a bit!
Cannot even really say they were subjective and debatable as the incidents seemed so clear cut .

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just caught up with the Spurs-Brighton highlights. I don't know what Shearer is going on about. The Mitoma goal should have stood. It was a clear and obvious error by the linesman. I don't blame the linesman. In real time it's a tough call. But VAR should have changed the decision. Unless they've changed the handball law again.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just caught up with the Spurs-Brighton highlights. I don't know what Shearer is going on about. The Mitoma goal should have stood. It was a clear and obvious error by the linesman. I don't blame the linesman. In real time it's a tough call. But VAR should have changed the decision. Unless they've changed the handball law again.
If not already mentioned Mitoma was pushed as well which was the only reason the ball hit him where it did rather than full on his chest.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy for Man U really .

Be a strange appointment.

Must be well liked despite being sacked at Leeds .

Cheap option, has a good rep from his time in Germany and has a pull in the American market that is still relatively cheap and growing deeper in terms of talent.

It works for either rebuild they need to do in the prem or championship as it won’t get much of a war chest from the sounds of things coming from my Leicester supporting mates.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BrentFord with an extremely soft pen against top 4 chasing Newcastle

Brighton denied 2 goals and a pen chasing top 4

System is ****ed

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen the Brighton screw job.

That performance from the officials can only be corrupt. It isn’t incompetent because you simply can’t look at those decisions and go against Brighton with every single one unless you are looking to.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Well done to Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy on Match of the Day for consistently calling out the appalling standard of both the on field officials and VAR. Especially well done to Mr Murphy for using the term ' incompetent ! ".
Shearer and Murphy are the best two pundits on there in my opinion, they’re very fair and usually very honest.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen the Brighton screw job.

That performance from the officials can only be corrupt. It isn’t incompetent because you simply can’t look at those decisions and go against Brighton with every single one unless you are looking to.

Agreed , I’ve said it for ages

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens in the Leeds v Palace game we're going down a place, a draw would be preferable but Palace will still go above us because of our inability to score goals.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
My God just seen the Brighton VAR farce. Shocking decisions. How is that not a pen. Stonewall blatant as can be. Atrocious decisions. Both the ref and VAR official need to be banned for at least this season.

Brighton fans must be livid and rightly so.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens in the Leeds v Palace game we're going down a place, a draw would be preferable but Palace will still go above us because of our inability to score goals.
We've scored more than Everton and the same number as Palace, Forest and Saints. We're rampant!

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My God just seen the Brighton VAR farce. Shocking decisions. How is that not a pen. Stonewall blatant as can be. Atrocious decisions. Both the ref and VAR official need to be banned for at least this season.

Brighton fans must be livid and rightly so.
Will say without VAR the penalties or goals still would have not been given even thought the Mitoma foul looked clear cut at first look.

Would people have accepted that more if it was just down to on pitch human error ?

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Danny Murphy said we were playing 442 with Nunes on the right, and 2 up front on MOTD and that it really suited us, I thought it was more like a 433

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will say without VAR the penalties or goals still would have not been given even thought the Mitoma foul looked clear cut at first look.

Would people have accepted that more if it was just down to on pitch human error ?
Maybe. But it seems obvious now that the presence of VAR is causing referees to act differently in the moment.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe. But it seems obvious now that the presence of VAR is causing referees to act differently in the moment.
Or really just being no better in terms iv their decisions making and consistency.

Next week all 4 decisions made will probably be totally different!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu on the bench again for arminia bielfield. Waste of a loan.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

I think the issue is in some cases (not all) the referee isn’t giving the penalty because of VAR. He’s thinking “That looks like a penalty. I’ll not give it though, and if it’s blatant the VAR will bail me out”. I think with no VAR the referee gives the penalty to Brighton yesterday, ours at Newcastle etc.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the issue is in some cases (not all) the referee isn’t giving the penalty because of VAR. He’s thinking “That looks like a penalty. I’ll not give it though, and if it’s blatant the VAR will bail me out”. I think with no VAR the referee gives the penalty to Brighton yesterday, ours at Newcastle etc.
You're going a bit too far saying we would have got ours :tearsofjoy:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the look of being 12th but whatever the result of today's Leeds/Palace game we will drop a place, sob, sob.

Back
Top Bottom