Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No home finalist at Wembley then .

Bayern Dortmund final as in 2012 ?

Unlikely I feel but ..
It was 2013, which the Final was at Wembley. 3 of the 4 sides in 2012/2013’s Semi’s are also in this season’s comp - only difference being PSG for Barca.

Hope Dortmund go all the way!

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watching Jude Bellinghams interview tonight, really comes across very well for such a young lad, he could become one of the best players we have ever produced and is much more likeable than some of the idiots we've had.

Every Premier League team must be kicking themselves for missing out on him when he was at Blues.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was 2013, which the Final was at Wembley. 3 of the 4 sides in 2012/2013’s Semi’s are also in this season’s comp - only difference being PSG for Barca.

Hope Dortmund go all the way!
They were 2 seriously talented teams, I think both are some way off now though Bayern have some serious players still, whilst Borussia continue their unbelievable scouting of youth.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With L'pool or West Ham unlikely to progress, could be only Villa flying the flag. Who'd have thought it? Maybe, just maybe, the PL just isn't as good as we all think.
Been a bad day for anybody saying it's the highest quality league in the world.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Watching Jude Bellinghams interview tonight, really comes across very well for such a young lad, he could become one of the best players we have ever produced and is much more likeable than some of the idiots we've had.

Every Premier League team must be kicking themselves for missing out on him when he was at Blues.
And he was born in Wordsley hospital to, you can still hear his black country accent if you listen closely:)

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting piece in the difference in running between leagues

Basic takeaway is that the prem sprints harder and more often than other leagues, though slightly less total running.

Between that, the lack of a break, and the time of the season....

Just a thought.

Screenshot_20240417-200658-295.png

Screenshot_20240417-200758-098.png
This doesn't even account for the wear and tear that happens when these sprinting lads come together...

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually disagree I’d rather see the best 32 European teams in the CL than all the winners of each league.

No one wants to watch Man City v the Albanian champions lol
"No one"! I'd bet the fans of Partizani (yes, I had to Google it) do. I'd also watch it, in the faint hope that they'd embarrass City or just to watch the goals flood in. ;)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You obviously did not watch the City game. They attacked for 120 minutes, Madrid just stuck 6 at the back and hung on. One match does not define 2 Leagues. Ridiculous.
PL fanboys like to claim that midtable Prem teams would win Serie A and compete for the Bundesliga title.

It's rubbish. Also, detect a bit of snobbery regarding how Madrid setup the second leg. Ultimately ,they went through, City didn't.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the abuse the premier league gets. It’s a 3 horse race still. Compare it to the German, French, Italian, Spanish leagues where the winner is miles ahead currently.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL fanboys like to claim that midtable Prem teams would win Serie A and compete for the Bundesliga title.

It's rubbish. Also, detect a bit of snobbery regarding how Madrid setup the second leg. Ultimately ,they went through, City didn't.
Yes, that is nonsense.
More realistically, it’s that prem teams down to 8,9,10th every season would be in with a very credible shout at making 3rd-4th in those leagues, slowly racking up the UEFA coefficient and share of the spoils. The bottom half teams are significantly stronger (other than the utter dross in our bottom 3-5) than Europe generally.

CL quarter finals are a different beast though.
Any of those QF teams would have probably battered any of the lesser lights of current ‘big 6’ over 2 legs. Levels and experience.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
You obviously did not watch the City game. They attacked for 120 minutes, Madrid just stuck 6 at the back and hung on. One match does not define 2 Leagues. Ridiculous.
Just think folk are making the point that the PL is over-hyped. It could very well be the best (how do you measure such things) and most competitive top European league, but no semi-finalists must say something. The English media and obsession with the Sky 6 don't help. I watch a lot of football and for me, the PL is definitely the most entertaining.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, that is nonsense.
More realistically, it’s that prem teams down to 8,9,10th every season would be in with a very credible shout at making 3rd-4th in those leagues, slowly racking up the UEFA coefficient and share of the spoils. The bottom half teams are significantly stronger (other than the utter dross in our bottom 3-5) than Europe generally.

CL quarter finals are a different beast though.
Any of those QF teams would have probably battered any of the lesser lights of current ‘big 6’ over 2 legs. Levels and experience.
Not nonsense, people have been making those claims for years. There's decent football outside of England, that's the point. Would recommend Serie A to anyone, for one.

Just an aside, United and Newcastle both finished bottom of their UCL groups. Arsenal scraped past Porto. Liverpool battered at home by an Atalanta side that is 6th in Serie A this season. The Prem undoubtedly has better strength in depth going down the league looking at individuals but to parrot the notion that it's somehow way above all the other leagues from a quality perspective is just wrong.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the abuse the premier league gets. It’s a 3 horse race still. Compare it to the German, French, Italian, Spanish leagues where the winner is miles ahead currently.
The Prem is great, just sick of the constant Sky love in with constantly calling it 'the best in the world' and looking down on other European leagues which have great and historic clubs in them, with good players may I add.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Onething I couldn’t understand last night and that is seeing Jack Grealish stuck on the left wing. Guardiola knows a lot more than I do, but I think Grealish is wasted there, he should be given more freedom, though then I suppose one would ask whether there is room for both Grealish and De Bruyne in the same team.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just think folk are making the point that the PL is over-hyped. It could very well be the best (how do you measure such things) and most competitive top European league, but no semi-finalists must say something. The English media and obsession with the Sky 6 don't help. I watch a lot of football and for me, the PL is definitely the most entertaining.
The "Champion's League" is a tournament of midweek games. It's a stupid competition, and it means very little, honestly.

It would mean more if teams were closer to equally fresh, but they aren't. No team is fresh for a midweek game anyway (obviously), and the differences between leagues are not trivial.

I know the Spanish, German, and Italian leagues want it to be super important because their own leagues are so cripplingly boring on a game to game basis (German and Spanish especially) that they can't sell their rights abroad for **** because people don't watch, but that's the truth as I see it.

Still fun to **** talk the Sky 6, mind.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
The "Champion's League" is a tournament of midweek games. It's a stupid competition, and it means very little, honestly.

It would mean more if teams were closer to equally fresh, but they aren't. No team is fresh for a midweek game anyway (obviously), and the differences between leagues are not trivial.

I know the Spanish, German, and Italian leagues want it to be super important because their own leagues are so cripplingly boring on a game to game basis (German and Spanish especially) that they can't sell their rights abroad for **** because people don't watch, but that's the truth as I see it.

Still fun to **** talk the Sky 6, mind.
The 3rd paragraph is an interesting take and one I'd never considered mate. I was raised on the European competitions of 70s & 80s, when it seemed a magical land. Hearing Peter Jones articulate the names of players from Dynamo Dresden, Saint Etienne etc was almost other worldly. That world is now nothing more than some kind of supermarket.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The 3rd paragraph is an interesting take and one I'd never considered mate. I was raised on the European competitions of 70s & 80s, when it seemed a magical land. Hearing Peter Jones articulate the names of players from Dynamo Dresden, Saint Etienne etc was almost other worldly. That world is now nothing more than some kind of supermarket.
In a less connected world it was fascinating!

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Germans did try to sell the rights didn’t they but the fans protested strong about it ?
ESPN pays them 30m/season for US rights. They pay la liga 175 million/season. NBC pays the prem 450m/season.

I imagine the Bundesliga number will go up substantially in the next contract (two years left), but still.

Back
Top Bottom