Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to Worcester City today in the semi final away leg of the Vase. One game from Wembley. Let's hope they have better luck than Wolves.
Well that was the kiss of death!

On a selfish note, due to a family wedding, I will be missing the FA Trophy Final of Gateshead v Bromley… and FA Vase Final of Romford v Great Wakering. Maybe this year I wont miss it so much…. Gateshead and Bromley both got to the final separately in the last 2 years.

Edit, Solihull Moors, not Bromley.

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play Harrington, that was a dive. Issue is, not enough bookings are given for that sort of stuff. If refs were more consistent then players would stop doing it.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that was the kiss of death!

On a selfish note, due to a family wedding, I will be missing the FA Trophy Final of Gateshead v Bromley… and FA Vase Final of Romford v Great Wakering. Maybe this year I wont miss it so much…. Gateshead and Bromley both got to the final separately in the last 2 years.
Bromley lost in the semi final last Saturday.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Oh God Jarred, it goes into the area, simple.

Incompetent, idiotic, corrupt, take your pick.

Rule is simple, doesn't matter where the initial foul is, continues into the box so it's a pen, but they show a still. Absolute joke.

busbcadd

Reaction score
I don’t know if “clear and obvious” is used to favour the big teams but it’s complete bs. There is no consistency at all. Bournemouth were robbed there.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh God Jarred, it goes into the area, simple.

Incompetent, idiotic, corrupt, take your pick.

Rule is simple, doesn't matter where the initial foul is, continues into the box so it's a pen, but they show a still. Absolute joke.

That is only for holding isn't it as its a continuation of the foul? When it's a collision the foul is when the contact that causes the foul happens, not where the momentum takes them.

In this case, the foul was a collision so the point they decided the foul had been committed was outside the area. It was the momentum of the fall took them both into the penalty area.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was the right decision to be honest.

What the penalty Bournemouth were denied, or the penalty United were given? Both were biased in United’s favour.

In the latter case, we have the ridiculous comment from Rednapp explaining that the Bournemouth player “twitched” and that made it an “unlucky” penalty. In the former, we had Sky comms trying their damnest to suggest that the foul started outside the box and didn’t continue inside… despite the very obvious video replay evidence that it started on the line and definitely continued inside the box.

I don’t like Bournemouth, and I didn’t want them to win for our sake, but I don’t want to see such a rigged match to avoid Sky’s beloved United from deservedly losing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is only for holding isn't it as its a continuation of the foul? When it's a collision the foul is when the contact that causes the foul happens, not where the momentum takes them.

In this case, the foul was a collision so the point they decided the foul had been committed was outside the area. It was the momentum of the fall took them both into the penalty area.

It was more than a collision though. The United player closest to the goal was inside the box when contact started, and his teammate pincered the Bournemouth player on the edge of the box. There is no way that foul could be considered as anything but on the line at a minimum, which makes it a penalty. But this is United, and they have a lot of form for getting favourable penalty decisions, both for and against.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the penalty Bournemouth were denied, or the penalty United were given? Both were biased in United’s favour.

In the latter case, we have the ridiculous comment from Rednapp explaining that the Bournemouth player “twitched” and that made it an “unlucky” penalty. In the former, we had Sky comms trying their damnest to suggest that the foul started outside the box and didn’t continue inside… despite the very obvious video replay evidence that it started on the line and definitely continued inside the box.

I don’t like Bournemouth, and I didn’t want them to win for our sake, but I don’t want to see such a rigged match to avoid Sky’s beloved United from deservedly losing.

Didn't see the United penalty so I can't comment. Only saw the end of the game and the Bournemouth one that was overturned, which I think was the right decision. Sure it was lucky, but only in the same way that every player that commits a foul that close to the penalty area is lucky.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was more than a collision though. The United player closest to the goal was inside the box when contact started, and his teammate pincered the Bournemouth player on the edge of the box. There is no way that foul could be considered as anything but on the line at a minimum, which makes it a penalty. But this is United, and they have a lot of form for getting favourable penalty decisions, both for and against.

Well there obviously is a way, because I thought it was outside the area. I think your opinion is being clouded by your dislike for United as much as you think the officials had their's clouded by a love for them.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't see the United penalty so I can't comment. Only saw the end of the game and the Bournemouth one that was overturned, which I think was the right decision. Sure it was lucky, but only in the same way that every player that commits a foul that close to the penalty area is lucky.

I know what you’re saying, and at first sight, I thought it outside too, but watching the replays it was clearly on the line so should have been given.

The United penalty was a ball catching a Bournemouth player side on, just above his elbow, with his arm by his side. VAR decided that he moved towards the ball, so it was a penalty, when all he was doing was turning on the spot as the ball hit him. A travesty of a decision, compounded by the later decision also in United’s favour.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you’re saying, and at first sight, I thought it outside too, but watching the replays it was clearly on the line so should have been given.

The United penalty was a ball catching a Bournemouth player side on, just above his elbow, with his arm by his side. VAR decided that he moved towards the ball, so it was a penalty, when all he was doing was turning on the spot as the ball hit him. A travesty of a decision, compounded by the later decision also in United’s favour.
As much as i hate VAR they got the last one right
As you say the defenders back foot was on the line, but the point of contact was his front foot and just outside
The foul is first point of contact so it was correct decision
First one definitely no pen though

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m so bored of talking about VAR but **** me how on earth do neither the ref or VAR give Burnley a penalty for that early foul. It genuinely defies belief.

Maybe it’s all a ruse to get it scrapped? I can’t fathom how else it could be this bad.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's okay, they won't be at this level for much longer. Mind you, that's pretty hard to forgive in the Championship!
And at that point in the game. Good heavens, that's just awful. They only had to make it another fifteen minutes!

Worst keeper situation in premier league history? Trafford was so undercooked it was painful. Now this.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does this mean Bournemouth made the correct decision replacing GON? Interesting topic.
Considering that we lost £150m worth of players and they gained £100m worth of players, I'd say that Bournemouth's manager isn't quite worth a quarter billion pounds worth of club revenue better than our manager.

I'd like to see us spend £100m in the summer and Bournemouth lose £150m worth of players (obviously including Solanke) and see who's the best manager over two seasons.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering that we lost £150m worth of players and they gained £100m worth of players, I'd say that Bournemouth's manager isn't quite worth a quarter billion pounds worth of club revenue better than our manager.

I'd like to see us spend £100m in the summer and Bournemouth lose £150m worth of players (obviously including Solanke) and see who's the best manager over two seasons.
Interesting points, however, I guess it depends on the value of the players to start with. If, as you say, we lost £150m and Bournemouth gained £100m; would that bring both squads closer to each other? According to Planet Football, that is the case. They value our squad at £295m and Bournemouth's at £296m, so almost the same! Of course, we are both in a similar league position, so very little to chose between the sides.
Now, if we spend £100m in the summer and Bournemouth lose £150m, then there would be a huge disparity between us both.
As I say, interesting, but not sure what it proves. :D

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish teams would finish their chances against Man United. There's been loads of matches this season where teams have battered them but just not converted their chances. Bournemouth should have had a few yesterday. Man United remind me of Leeds under Bielsa but with better players. They are completely open to being attacked.

That Solanke looked good. He reminded me of Jimenez before the injury. He's becoming an all round top striker.

Back
Top Bottom