Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa fans not happy. Liverpool fans seething. Haven't got round to the West Ham fans yet.

I love it when other teams in the Premier League lose. Long gone are the days of wanting English clubs to win European competitions.

I can go all the way back to when I was a 10 year old and being delighted to cheer on Bayern Munich as they beat Dirty Leeds 2-0 to stop them winning the European Cup in Paris and it also spelling the end for that disgraceful shower of a team.

As you can see after some 49 years my dislike of Dirty Leeds has never mellowed. As the great Mr Mackay says in Porridge " I am not one of your mealy mouthed Liberals, I harbour grudges !!! " :D :D :D

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the Sky's self proclaimed best league in the world has seen the leader Captain Black's Arsenal tactically outsmarted and struggle for long periods against the poorest Bayern Munich in over 12 years and a Liverpool side missing only a few first team players get pumped 3-0 at home by a team in 6th in Serie A and 32 points behind leaders Inter Milan.

I no longer watch Soccer Saturday but I can imagine the Sky robots like Merson, Sherwood and Dawson will be still programmed to say " Best league in the world " at certain intervals.
It is the best league in the world. That doesn’t mean teams from it are unbeatable.
Crikey, have you watched much football from the ‘other’ European leagues? They’re so boring you’d probably take up knitting.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Please please please Atalanta do not allow Liverpool to overturn your 3-0 lead in the second leg. The media driven fawning if Liverpool do get through would be horrendous, as it would be if Liverpool get to the final in Dublin.
Can’t believe the media are using the fatigue excuse for the above defeat. Man City didn’t look overly tired away to much tougher opposition in Real Madrid on Tuesday.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa fans not happy. Liverpool fans seething. Haven't got round to the West Ham fans yet.

I love it when other teams in the Premier League lose. Long gone are the days of wanting English clubs to win European competitions.

Yeah this. More due to the smug arrogance of pretty much counting all three trophies as being won already than anything else but still a great laugh.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Liverpool all out for the league now. Not good for City or Arsenal, providing those pair go through.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Dundee United 4 - 1 up at Morton, moving them closer to winning the league and returning to the SPL. The standard may not be the best, but the application and desire of both teams cannot be faulted.
Frank, you don't half watch a wide variety of games. Normally, when everyone else is watching two of Europe's galacticos face each other in the Champions League, you normally pipe up with a comment about Morecambe v Sutton United on the Sky Sports red button!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dundee United 4 - 1 up at Morton, moving them closer to winning the league and returning to the SPL. The standard may not be the best, but the application and desire of both teams cannot be faulted.

Some of these Scottish Championship games are absolute belters. Real good old fashioned blood and thunder clashes. I also enjoy some of the excellent tactical advice and criticism of the officials that can clearly be heard from the stands being offered in the form of some fine Scottish four letter words :D ;) :D

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frank, you don't half watch a wide variety of games. Normally, when everyone else is watching two of Europe's galacticos face each other in the Champions League, you normally pipe up with a comment about Morecambe v Sutton United on the Sky Sports red button!

Very true, but these Scottish championship games are great entertainment. No quarter given or asked for. Tackles that would have our referees recoiling in horror, but they just get on with it. Not mention the odd forearm smash just for good measure.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Southampton win ALL their remaining games they will go up imo.

Big task but they are capable of doing it.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win for Plymouth .

Leicester really blowing it although got a game in hand .

Delighted for Plymouth as their support deserves Championship football. The decision to appoint Ian Foster was an utter fiasco but fair play to them for sacking him and stopping the slide into relegation.

Argyle's next game is at Stoke and if Stoke lose to Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow then get beat by Plymouth who will be right up for that game after the way Steven Schmacher engineered a move from Plymouth then the chances of a Stoke v Birmingham clash in the third tier of English football next season begins to look a real possibility.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Southampton win ALL their remaining games they will go up imo.

Big task but they are capable of doing it.

Would rather them stay in the play offs, so they can prevent you-know-who going up. The way Leicester's form is falling gives me no confidence in them being able to keep the undesirables out!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only saw last few minutes, just in time to see an Argyle player intercept a short pass by sliding in and booting the ball away up the pitch…only to get a free kick given against him and a yellow card to the bemusement of absolutely everyone.

Awful, awful ref.
Fans of many teams in the championship complain about the standard of refereeing. Do they know what awaits them should they get promoted?

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only saw last few minutes, just in time to see an Argyle player intercept a short pass by sliding in and booting the ball away up the pitch…only to get a free kick given against him and a yellow card to the bemusement of absolutely everyone.

Awful, awful ref.
Was that due to the follow through maybe which some refs punish ?

Did seem harsh when there was no intent or malice .

Certainly didn’t warrant a booking .

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very impressed with the Plymouth keeper last night (Cooper?)
First time I’ve seen him, but sure the comms said he’d been their POTS for the pat 2 seasons

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressed with the Plymouth keeper last night (Cooper?)
First time I’ve seen him, but sure the comms said he’d been their POTS for the pat 2 seasons

Michael Cooper is his name and he was rumoured to attracting £5m plus bids a while back. Then he suffered the dreaded knee ligament injury. As can happen, he recovered from that but then suffered a problem with the other knee. I have mates who are Argyle season ticket holders and they feel he will leave sooner rather than later. I would hope Wolves have tabs on him as personally I feel we need an upgrade on Jose Sa.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans of many teams in the championship complain about the standard of refereeing. Do they know what awaits them should they get promoted?

Apparently they get the joys of VAR in the Play Off Final. I can see it now " What a goal that was 7 minutes into stoppage time and the fans are going crazy as the players celebrate in front of them with what surely was the last kick of the game ............................. Oh hang on there is a VAR check ongoing as there may have been a subjective offside some 30 minutes ago ! "

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to Worcester City today in the semi final away leg of the Vase. One game from Wembley. Let's hope they have better luck than Wolves.
Its frustrating as every year my brother and I attend the Non League Finals Day at Wembley as our little jolly. This year, just when a team that we have a soft spot for due to our mother’s family roots (Worcester) might get to Wembley, we cannot go due to a family wedding! Grrr.

Back
Top Bottom