Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two of the BT members of Mensa, Keown and Ferdinand were in meltdown at full time as why was Saka not given a penalty. Well allow me to explain gentleman, " Unconscious Bias " towards certain teams in the Premier League carries no weight with European refs. We all know that is a nailed on pen if that happens against say Wolves, Palace, Brighton or Bournemouth but thankfully Stockley Park has zero input in UEFA competitions.

I watched most of the Bayern game and the Swedish referee Glenn Nyberg was outstanding. Howard Webb should get all his buffoons to watch his performance as he clearly grasps the concept that football is a contact sport and not every tackle is a foul. He did not buy a single dive or bit of play acting ( Harry Kane got no change out of him ) and he was taking no crap when it came to dissent as he had the look of one of those iceberg tough Swedish ice hockey defencemen !!!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Definitely. Unbelievably good decision from the referee…that would have been overturned in the Prem.
Just does my head in. I know there are covering defenders getting back, but he's round the keeper, his next touch is to kick the ball in the net for a 94th minutes winner, but he goes out of his way to stick a leg out to get a contact and go down. It's such a sorry comment on modern football.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's a big win for Millwall. It's looking very stressful for Birmingham City.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two of the BT members of Mensa, Keown and Ferdinand were in meltdown at full time as why was Saka not given a penalty. Well allow me to explain gentleman, " Unconscious Bias " towards certain teams in the Premier League carries no weight with European refs. We all know that is a nailed on pen if that happens against say Wolves, Palace, Brighton or Bournemouth but thankfully Stockley Park has zero input in UEFA competitions.

I watched most of the Bayern game and the Swedish referee Glenn Nyberg was outstanding. Howard Webb should get all his buffoons to watch his performance as he clearly grasps the concept that football is a contact sport and not every tackle is a foul. He did not buy a single dive or bit of play acting ( Harry Kane got no change out of him ) and he was taking no crap when it came to dissent as he had the look of one of those iceberg tough Swedish ice hockey defencemen !!!
The key is was it a clear error ?

No as we can see by the general reaction from non bias fans and pundits ( Keown and Ferdinand are biased )

That is what VAR is supposed to be for.

Not every little touch and clip .

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a stadium the nou camp is. Edit, bernebau! Same applies though! . Cmon Jeff, tick tock! That would be cool in old gold!! My god, no one in Wolverhampton would be able to sleep at night! It would be seen from space!
It's what we deserve tbh
Just the £1.5 billion rebuild then. Yeah, hands in your pockets Jeff. That’s what you can do when you’ve won the European cup 14 times, and have a global following. Always fill it, never get relegated.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just does my head in. I know there are covering defenders getting back, but he's round the keeper, his next touch is to kick the ball in the net for a 94th minutes winner, but he goes out of his way to stick a leg out to get a contact and go down. It's such a sorry comment on modern football.
Well put and completely agree. Imagine they go out because of that now.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the comments about the modern game (some of it is obviously warranted) these European nights are extraordinary at times. That Madrid city game was unreal at times, like watching an AI version of football. The beautiful game at its best.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the comments about the modern game (some of it is obviously warranted) these European nights are extraordinary at times. That Madrid city game was unreal at times, like watching an AI version of football. The beautiful game at its best.

Those two games last night were of of a standard of entertainment and skill levels that personally I doubt any games in this summer's European Championship will reach. I am with Sir Alex Ferguson when he said a few years back that a number of games in the Champions League Quarter Finals and latter stages are superior to World Cup and European Championship games.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those two games last night were of of a standard of entertainment and skill levels that personally I doubt any games in this summer's European Championship will reach. I am with Sir Alex Ferguson when he said a few years back that a number of games in the Champions League Quarter Finals and latter stages are superior to World Cup and European Championship games.
I’ve always been of the opinion that the champions league should be a knockout competition from day 1 as generally the group stages are so very dull but when you see the quarter final ties onwards it fair to see why (from a spectacle point of view not necessarily the best sporting one). Hopefully tonight’s ties will be equally enthralling!

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always been of the opinion that the champions league should be a knockout competition from day 1 as generally the group stages are so very dull but when you see the quarter final ties onwards it fair to see why (from a spectacle point of view not necessarily the best sporting one). Hopefully tonight’s ties will be equally enthralling!
Agree. Just like the old European Cup. When you consider that most groups of 4 teams are done and dusted after 3 or 4 games.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We all know the Group stages are a pocket lining pre-season tournament for the class sides. There maybe one or two groups of death but most of them are very easy to predict as to the top two. As @Dubwolf71 says most groups are settled by game week 4.

I was disappointed with the scheduling of the Quarter Final games as right from the off Bayern v Arsenal and Real v City jumped out at me and I was hoping for them to play on separate nights. I will probably watch Barcelona v PSG tonight as I find Diego Simeone and his Atletico side to be about as enjoyable to watch as Thomas Frank and Brentford !!!

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The international game is horrendous from a quality perspective. Very little going on tactically because there is no time to install anything but a base shape. I tend to have little interest personally.

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foden is world class. What a player.
He is hitting form at the perfect time for city and England with the euros looming:

This rich vein of form could be the difference between city winning the league and not and for that to be the case at a club like
City where it is a young homegrown player is bloody incredible.

Could you imagine Cole palmer and him in the same city midfield……

What a **** up selling him and buying Nunes……..

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shames the CL is going into a league format next year.

That handball incident seems unusual but fortunate to get away with it .

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Twitter has made football much worse. I know it's based on algorithms and I'm seeing things because based on browsing history it's something I'll pay attention to, but I wish we could watch and enjoy games without thousands of people moaning about decisions, thinking certain clubs have referees on side, while others thinking there's a big conspiracy against their own club.

I thoroughly enjoyed both Champions League matches last night. Both were magnificent, though was hurting my brain slightly trying to watch them both at the same time on different screens.

Lovely stuff. Just a shame the KOs weren't staggered but for those going to the games, you'd want the night time fixture in the Champions League, not a lousy 6pm so the armchairs back home like me can watch both games.

Less interest in tonight's games naturally but will probably watch PSG vs Barcelona. More of the same in the return ties next week please!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing Arsenal fans still claiming that Saka should've had a penalty is fun viewing, he literally kicked* :laughing: Neuer and it gets clearer each time you watch a replay of it.

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see you're allowed to pick the ball up in your own penalty area, as Gabriel did last night, and get away with it?
I didn't mind that to be fair, common sense refereeing for once. Tuchel moaned about it as he would but it's not like Arsenal gained an advantage from it or anything, was just a mixup with the hearing of the whistle etc.

Just let the 22 blokes on the pitch play their game and facilitate it accordingly, that's what the Swedish Ref did last night and why he's rightly receiving a lot of praise.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More drivel from Martin Keown " I find it quite alarming he has not given a penalty ! ". No Martin millions of football followers find it reassuring that there are referees out there in Europe who have the guts and the knowledge of the game to not pander to an English media darling.

Great to hear good pundits like Matthew Upson and Michael Brown call Saka out for what we all saw.

More stinking hypocrisy from the English media as some football writer in the Daily Telegraph says Kane should have had a straight red for an elbow on Gabriel, really !. I am no lover of some of his antics but no way does Harry Kane do a Fashanu and try to shatter an eye socket which is the suggestion. This same Torygraph muppet will be blowing smoke up St Harry's backside with " his clever play " in the summer but of course while he plays for the nasty Germans he is a thug :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Seeing Arsenal fans still claiming that Saka should've had a penalty is fun viewing, he literally killed Neuer and it gets clearer each time you watch a replay of it.
I'm going to assume that's autocorrected 'literally kicked' to 'literally killed' or I feel there would have been more discussion of it by now?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair the last World Cup was unbelievably entertaining, brilliant tournament. The Euros before it were very good as well.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm at the stage where I turn off games as soon as they are over. Don't listen to pundits before games or at half time. The only problem left is the commentators and pundits during the game. I've heard people say that McCoist is great. Listening to him last night he just seems to fill the air with words. One of his gems last night "the Arsenal supporters have been great its just that Bayern have kept them quiet". Genius.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didn't mind that to be fair, common sense refereeing for once. Tuchel moaned about it as he would but it's not like Arsenal gained an advantage from it or anything, was just a mixup with the hearing of the whistle etc.

Just let the 22 blokes on the pitch play their game and facilitate it accordingly, that's what the Swedish Ref did last night and why he's rightly receiving a lot of praise.
Would it not have been common sense to allow Kilman's goal?

Back
Top Bottom