Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have confidence in your team, they might surprise you.

Frank Mate I think @Watfordfc has been around us glass half empty Wolves fans long enough that he is starting to behave like us. The true test of my theory is when I mention that apparently Birmingham have had one shot on target in the last two games, if he says that means Birmingham will have more than that on Saturday and several of them will go in, then he will be " One of our own !!!! "

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Frank Mate I think @Watfordfc has been around us glass half empty Wolves fans long enough that he is starting to behave like us. The true test of my theory is when I mention that apparently Birmingham have had one shot on target in the last two games, if he says that means Birmingham will have more than that on Saturday and several of them will go in, then he will be " One of our own !!!! "
Ha actually our away form wasn’t bad but even that has slipped a bit .

Not been a penalty shoot out in the Champions league since 2016!

Will that change tonight ?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha actually our away form wasn’t bad but even that has slipped a bit .

Not been a penalty shoot out in the Champions league since 2016!

Will that change tonight ?

Every chance. Porto have done well. I thought Arsenal would win comfortably, but Porto have defended well and look threatening when they venture forward.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be irrelevant but think Arteta got that wrong. Porto were gagging for penalties and Arsenal sat back for the whole of extra time, didn’t go for it at all.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal have the best penalty takers. Porto have the best penalty saver.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for the co-efficient.

I'd be really worried if I was an Arsenal fan though. They were very poor and froze. Saka abysmal.

They've lost to a weakened Liverpool in the FA Cup and they've played the third best team in Portugal and taken to penalties.

So I'm still very unconvinced they can deal with the pressure, and with their fixtures it's going to get nervy for them and I don't think they can cope.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the Arsenal game got me to thinking if Wolves did get into Europe this season under our current financial constraints how the hell would we be able to compete in 4 competitions. With injuries now we're struggling in just 2 competitions?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for the co-efficient.

I'd be really worried if I was an Arsenal fan though. They were very poor and froze. Saka abysmal.

They've lost to a weakened Liverpool in the FA Cup and they've played the third best team in Portugal and taken to penalties.

So I'm still very unconvinced they can deal with the pressure, and with their fixtures it's going to get nervy for them and I don't think they can cope.
Wouldn’t go that far. They’ve struggled a bit but they’ve been relentless since new years and now have 3 weeks off. I’m sure they’d take that!

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the Arsenal game got me to thinking if Wolves did get into Europe this season under our current financial constraints how the hell would we be able to compete in 4 competitions. With injuries now we're struggling in just 2 competitions?
U-21s in the league cup.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t go that far. They’ve struggled a bit but they’ve been relentless since new years and now have 3 weeks off. I’m sure they’d take that!
But no real pressure games?

I think they're probably the best team at their best and I think the football they played against us for the first 30 mins was the best we've come up against this season.

That performance was really flat though, against a pretty average side. Very nervy.

I don't really mind Arsenal (compared to the other two) other than Arteta, so wouldn't mind them winning the PL but I can't see it.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But no real pressure games?
Would argue that every game is pressure when any defeat probably loses you the title on the spot! And Porto were excellent tonight. And they’ve still won every game since Christmas. Not quite sure there are any holes to pick there, you’re never going to keep on winning 4/5/6-0 when you’re playing that many games. They’ve been incredible.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It means either a 2nd or 3rd tier side in the Pokal Final, with them taking on FC Kaiserslautern of Bundesliga.2 in the Semis at home.

And with Bayer Leverkusen playing Bundesliga.2 side in Fortuna Düsseldorf, means a slip up by Alonso’s men could mean an all Non-Top Tier Final!

What a truly fabulous story.

Last edited:

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It means either a 2nd or 3rd tier side in the Pokal Final, with them taking on FC Kaiserslautern of Bundesliga.2 in the Semis at home.

And with Bayer Leverkusen playing Bundesliga.2 side in Fortuna Düsseldorf, means a slip up by Alonso’s men could mean an all Non-Top Tier Final!

What a truly fabulous story.
I don't know amyghing about German football, but this story immediately made me think if this is the result of a terribly downgraded cup. Similar to what we all fear could happen with the fa cup one day, none of the top tier teams take it serious and their reserves get knocked out.
As I say, I have no idea though. But it seems a high proportion of lower teams go get this far in this cup

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saarbrucken have now knocked out two absolute giants of German football as they already accounted for Bayern 2-1 in an earlier round.

In answer to @ombyman question do the Bundesliga's team play more second stringers than some English clubs, the answer is no. Bayern had 9 players in their defeated side who were first team regulars. Looking at Monchengladbach last night that was a full strength team they put out as they are pretty much safe in mid table and it was their chance for a trophy. Nickolas Elvedi played for Monchengladbach, I wonder if Wolves will look at him again in the summer when I believe he is a free agent.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Saarbrucken have now knocked out two absolute giants of German football as they already accounted for Bayern 2-1 in an earlier round.

In answer to @ombyman question do the Bundesliga's team play more second stringers than some English clubs, the answer is no. Bayern had 9 players in their defeated side who were first team regulars. Looking at Monchengladbach last night that was a full strength team they put out as they are pretty much safe in mid table and it was their chance for a trophy. Nickolas Elvedi played for Monchengladbach, I wonder if Wolves will look at him again in the summer when I believe he is a free agent.
Feel like Santi Bueno replaced Elvedi in our plans, with Mosquera possibly coming back I doubt we'll be spending (even wages) on a CH? Unless maybe Mosquera attracts a good bid? Also dependent on whether O'Neil wants to transition to a more traditional back 4. Is Elvedi in a 4 at the moment, does he have a bit more pace than our current options?

Back
Top Bottom