Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well my thread went well. It was atmosphere that got me in to football. Its gradually drained away. Sometimes molineux still rocks but we never rock like elland road did last night as even after a big win most of the ground melts away. Elland road was the best away atmosphere i went to in recent years too. I dislike leeds like everyone else but just wanted to comment on a top atmosphere. I wish we could be like that again as back in the day molineux was that good
Get your point, though the comments section on the highlights YouTube video is full of people criticising the lack of atmosphere until Leeds scored.

On the video itself, you can only hear Leicester fans and they're singing 'football in a library'.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We in for some strange results again today??

Vile v Forest 2-2
Brighton v toffees 3-0
Palace v Clarets 4-0
Man ure v foolham 2-1
Cherries v Citeh 1-2
Arsenal v Newcastle 2-2

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well my thread went well. It was atmosphere that got me in to football. Its gradually drained away. Sometimes molineux still rocks but we never rock like elland road did last night as even after a big win most of the ground melts away. Elland road was the best away atmosphere i went to in recent years too. I dislike leeds like everyone else but just wanted to comment on a top atmosphere. I wish we could be like that again as back in the day molineux was that good

I would actually agree that Leeds fans are one of the best in the country, so it's not being bitter about them, but the atmosphere last night really wasn't that good. It looked great when they sung 'I predict a riot' but the basis of your comment praising the atmosphere surely isn't a song playing after the game?

For 80 minutes, the atmosphere was that poor that you could regularly hear Leicester fans mocking them for it.

The final ten minutes looked wild, but the idea that we didn't 'rock' like Elland Road did last night in the FA Cup game against Man United or the comeback win against Man City, off the top of my head, is just nonsense, in my opinion.

Even this season, you could argue the Man City game was the catalyst for our whole season changing under O'Neil and the fans basically forced Pep into a half-time substitution because it was that hostile. The fans without doubt helped us win the game.

Unlike last night, we also had a great atmosphere in those games throughout, and we definitely will again at some point when the situation comes around. That was a massive game for Leeds last night.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
I would like to know what @Edinburgh Wolf made of one the worst offside calls in a long time at Firhill last night in the Partick Thistle v Dunfermline. There was one against in the first half against Thistle that was wrong but in real time I can see why it was called. The second one was a disgrace, Brian Graham is clearly onside stood behind a defender before moving forward to score and the goal is given. Incredibly the attention seeking officials who want to get on the TV decide to have a conflab and disallow the goal. While The Jags defended like a Sunday morning hungover pub side, these bad calls changed the flow of the match. If the first disallowed goal had of stood they would have been 2 up and gone on to win in all probability. The second chalked off goal,which as I will say again was a shocker would have made it 2-2 and all the momentum was with Partick, that decision killed that. This lead to Partick losing their shape, with tempers flaring with the officials as they, naturally enough given those situations, felt every big decision was for the visitors.

It is the same in Scotland as down here that VAR is only available in the Scottish Premier League, it is not in the Championship. Watching the Thistle game last night and then turning over to see the discussion over the disallowed Foxes goal it does make me think that while I am no fan of what VAR when I witness decisions as bad these were last night is it a necessary evil ?
I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night. I'll report back once I've reviewed the shambles!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While Leicester City shouldn’t have lost last night, a dear friend of mine who follows them has been concerned about their defence for some time, and last night only reinforced his opinion. He said that when Leeds equalised there was only going to be one winner. Regarding the atmosphere, he said that until Leeds scored it was nothing special.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the post match celebrations, that Sky picked up, made it seem much better than it was for the vast majority of the game.
Football atmosphere in England is generally spontaneous and reflects events on the pitch. The alternative is what you see in many European stadiums with flares, choreography and chant leaders. Sounds OK first time round but quickly becomes a dull, unimaginative background sound track.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we on the telly box tomorrow?

If so what channel?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While Leicester City shouldn’t have lost last night, a dear friend of mine who follows them has been concerned about their defence for some time, and last night only reinforced his opinion. He said that when Leeds equalised there was only going to be one winner. Regarding the atmosphere, he said that until Leeds scored it was nothing special.
There is always only one winner. ;) I know what you mean, though.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here I am at the MKM stadium to see Hull beat Albion in about an hour. Big game for both clubs.So strange to see so many people wearing Wolves colours and not supporting Wolves!
As there's no early Prem kick off today; Supersport is also showing 'ull vs. Albyun, so I might give it a watch if there no paint drying that I need to watch instead.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If either of these teams won the play-offs this time next season they’ll have less points than Sheff Utd have got. Awful.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We were right to sell Giles. I know Ait-Nouri isn’t a great defender but Giles makes him look like Ashley Cole.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The BBC have a "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" thingy to use against news of a goal. I was the first person in the entire country to click on the "thumbs up" for the Hull goal.
In the ranking of life's achievements, it ranks fairly low, but it made me feel good.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The BBC have a "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" thingy to use against news of a goal. I was the first person in the entire country to click on the "thumbs up" for the Hull goal.
In the ranking of life's achievements, it ranks fairly low, but it made me feel good.
I will give you a thumbs up for that!

A thumbs down now as the **** have equalised. Bah!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreadful game, awful play from Hull lumping the ball out before the equaliser.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The gulf between the Prem and the Champs is massive. If either of these go up they'll be in trouble. At least the sun is shining!

Back
Top Bottom