Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds just never give up, and while they were second best at times, they just kept going.

Though to be fair, Wout Faes does like an own goal… :)

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quite a decent game, both these teams should get promoted, Leicester almost guaranteed and Leeds have played well.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's why we need VAR.

The officials can't be trusted and they will benefit the bigger teams at home so much more than they do.

Game over and a deserved Leicester win if that's a Premier League game.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a decent game, both these teams should get promoted, Leicester almost guaranteed and Leeds have played well.
Not sure about that. Ipswich and Southampton win tomorrow then the gap from 1st to 4th is only 8 points with 12 left to play. Still firm favourites of course, but not out of sight.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's why we need VAR.

The officials can't be trusted and they will benefit the bigger teams at home so much more than they do.

Game over and a deserved Leicester win if that's a Premier League game.
It was a bad decision from the linesman, but if Leicester had taken any one of a number of clear cut chances, then it would have been game over. They only have themselves to blame.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The atmosphere was unreal. The stadium was still full ten mins after the final whistle. No prem club gets close

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? It was poor for 80 minutes. In fact, most of the first half you could often hear Leicester fans sing 'where's your famous atmosphere?'

To be fair, Leeds were very poor, so the fans had little to sing about at that point.

It was good after the turnaround, but that's the same for every club in the country if you've just turned things around undeservedly in a massive game.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Leicester could choke before the game if they lost.

But after watching that it's hard to think they will bottle it. They were superior in most departments, a pretty impressive performance.

Add Vardy and Iheanacho and they'll be fine.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rutter may have been the man of the 2nd half but he was dreadful in the 1st. Had a feeling that if Leicester didn't get a second it would come back to bite them.

David Hill

Reaction score
Only in football can a team dominate a game for around 80% of the time and lose 3-1. Impressive turnaround from Leeds albeit courtesy of a poor refereeing decision and some lucky deflections. Amazing atmosphere at the end as you would expect.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
What the hell as this got to do with a Wolves forum - give me strength!
Anything on football can be posted in this section of the forum, but really this could just have been included in the 'Today's Games ' thread, which is already discussing the game. Not sure why it needed it's own thread. Bit bizarre.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither team has strengthened after being relegated, but look miles ahead of most other sides in the Championship. Both will suffer in the Prem next season without proper investment.

That gap is bigger than ever, so how much more would the likes of skint West Brom or Coventry embarrass themselves?

Burnley 'looked' class last season, blew £100m after promotion but are worse than when they got relegated two seasons ago.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? It was poor for 80 minutes. In fact, most of the first half you could often hear Leicester fans sing 'where's your famous atmosphere?'

To be fair, Leeds were very poor, so the fans had little to sing about at that point.

It was good after the turnaround, but that's the same for every club in the country if you've just turned things around undeservedly in a massive game.

Both are relegated next season if promoted

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither team has strengthened after being relegated, but look miles ahead of most other sides in the Championship. Both will suffer in the Prem next season without proper investment.

That gap is bigger than ever, so how much more would the likes of skint West Brom or Coventry embarrass themselves?

Burnley 'looked' class last season, blew £100m after promotion but are worse than when they got relegated two seasons ago.
I think the gap between the bottom half champ sides and top half champ sides has increased.

Why are so many players moving from the championship to premier league successfully if the gap is so big?

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well people have said they would rather suffer bad decisions than have VAR but guess it is frustrating when a decision does cost you in a big game .

Leeds will probably win the league and you’ll never heard the end of it .

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I loved Leeds going down., After they beat us at home Last year, I was stuck on a car park with a bunch of patronising Leeds fans telling me that they thought Wolves would be ok and will just avoid relegation….lol
Love it...

I can remember being on a stag do some years back (when James Beattie was running riot at Stoke) and a "Stoke fan" asked who I supported and when told, he replied "Oh.. OK... Got a lot of time for Wolves, they're a good little club"

Being deadly serious... like Stoke had somehow cracked the code (their first season up, possibly?) and was carrying on like they're CL regulars, while plucky Wolves are attempting to play with the big kids.

...melt.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love it...

I can remember being on a stag do some years back (when James Beattie was running riot at Stoke) and a "Stoke fan" asked who I supported and when told, he replied "Oh.. OK... Got a lot of time for Wolves, they're a good little club"

Being deadly serious... like Stoke had somehow cracked the code (their first season up, possibly?) and was carrying on like they're CL regulars, while plucky Wolves are attempting to play with the big kids.

...melt.
And there’s another good reason why l hate Stoke more than any other team.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well my thread went well. It was atmosphere that got me in to football. Its gradually drained away. Sometimes molineux still rocks but we never rock like elland road did last night as even after a big win most of the ground melts away. Elland road was the best away atmosphere i went to in recent years too. I dislike leeds like everyone else but just wanted to comment on a top atmosphere. I wish we could be like that again as back in the day molineux was that good

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to know what @Edinburgh Wolf made of one the worst offside calls in a long time at Firhill last night in the Partick Thistle v Dunfermline. There was one against in the first half against Thistle that was wrong but in real time I can see why it was called. The second one was a disgrace, Brian Graham is clearly onside stood behind a defender before moving forward to score and the goal is given. Incredibly the attention seeking officials who want to get on the TV decide to have a conflab and disallow the goal. While The Jags defended like a Sunday morning hungover pub side, these bad calls changed the flow of the match. If the first disallowed goal had of stood they would have been 2 up and gone on to win in all probability. The second chalked off goal,which as I will say again was a shocker would have made it 2-2 and all the momentum was with Partick, that decision killed that. This lead to Partick losing their shape, with tempers flaring with the officials as they, naturally enough given those situations, felt every big decision was for the visitors.

It is the same in Scotland as down here that VAR is only available in the Scottish Premier League, it is not in the Championship. Watching the Thistle game last night and then turning over to see the discussion over the disallowed Foxes goal it does make me think that while I am no fan of what VAR when I witness decisions as bad these were last night is it a necessary evil ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom