Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great Copenhagen result at Bayern tonight and even had a huge chance to score towards the end.
Saved by VAR and the strong (female) ref as well, as she refused to give a soft handball pen to Bayern, when it hit the armpit of a Copenhagen player. Oh how I long for this sort of refereeing in the PL. Not just because it was to Copenhagens advantage, but because she was so cool and composed throughout the game, and even when 70000+ fans wanted her to give that penalty, she kept calm,.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great Copenhagen result at Bayern tonight and even had a huge chance to score towards the end.
Saved by VAR and the strong (female) ref as well, as she refused to give a soft handball pen to Bayern, when it hit the armpit of a Copenhagen player. Oh how I long for this sort of refereeing in the PL. Not just because it was to Copenhagens advantage, but because she was so cool and composed throughout the game, and even when 70000+ fans wanted her to give that penalty, she kept calm,.
She gave it?

VAR saved the day thankfully, as it was never a penalty.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last edited:

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny thing was, the commentary team on TNT - Paul Dempsey and Clive Allen I think - were raging that it wasn't given. Allen kept saying "it's handball" even though it was a Moutinho at City type handball. They sort of then toned it down a bit, but still were moaning about the lack of consistency after last night in Paris. The ref should have been ashamed that she gave it in the first place.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Lionesses 0-1 down v the Netherlands in a crucial Nations League game at Wembley.

Unbelievably a goal kick was given after a good save from a Lauren Hemp strike and then the Dutch go straight down the other end and score.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
York vs Wigan in BBC 2. Reminds me of playing Stockport at home when Frank Worthington emerged from the fog after scoring. Trademark arm up in the air.
What a player

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Lionesses 0-1 down v the Netherlands in a crucial Nations League game at Wembley.

Unbelievably a goal kick was given after a good save from a Lauren Hemp strike and then the Dutch go straight down the other end and score.
Oops .

Sounds like they have been totally outplayed though .

We just don’t do this Nations league thing do we!m

EDIT:

Well what do I know !

Much like us on Tuesday - out of no where .

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:D :D

Yeah, I watched that match. Excellent game all round. The players of both teams did really well in the snow. TBF to the keeper, it's a crazy back pass to even try in those conditions and the ball takes a massive bobble just before he goes to smash it out. Should still have done better, but defender has to take a big share of the blame.

I haven't watched any football other than Premier League (and Qatar world cup) for years. Watching that match, Bundesliga 2, I swear it looked like proper football compared to the Premier League! Players just got on with it, didn't spend most the match trying to "feel the contact so they have a right to go down" as the experts put it. Beginning to suspect something is deeply wrong in out league. As if we are giving far too much leeway to forwards to play act. Slightest touch, down they go, free kick. It's like we've gone to the opposite extreme of football in the 1970's! In that St. Pauli match, there were several tackles which were basically clean, contact was made and the guy losing the ball would be knocked or fall over. But those weren'tgiven in that league and it seemed it was what the players expected. In the Premier League, our pampered poodles would have been down holding their heads and their managers would have been arm waving and claiming crimes against humanity.

Probably just too much money in it, hence no motivation to sort it out. I think the one thing they genuinely fear is another Leicester happening.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oops .

Sounds like they have been totally outplayed though .

We just don’t do this Nations league thing do we!m

EDIT:

Well what do I know !

Much like us on Tuesday - out of no where .
And I don’t watch the 2nd half and we win 3-2 in the 91st minute.

Maybe I am a curse!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So am I right in thinking that England need to beat Scotland and if we do then Team GB, which is mostly England, but includes Scotland players qualifies for the Olympics? Sure nobody will think that's dodgy if true!

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And better the Netherlands score .
Yep - got to beat Scotland and Hope Netherlands v Belgium is either a Draw or Belgium win.

That is to reach the Nation’s League Semi-Final and we would have to win that Semi in February for GB to grab a spot in Paris.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just tuned in to watch Saddlers game. Called off ten minutes before kick off. What a joke

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley 2-0 up against 10 man Sheff Utd. Will give them a boost for Tuesday while our confidence will have taken a hit at Arsenal.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley 2-0 up against 10 man Sheff Utd. Will give them a boost for Tuesday while our confidence will have taken a hit at Arsenal.
5-0 now. We're too bloody charitable when we shouldn't be, Sheff Utd's first 3 points this season, Luton's first point.

Though Burnley already have their first away win, and Chris Wood no longer plays for them, so hopefully no more curses will reveal themselves?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton bottom of the league as it stands. I almost want Forest to beat them, so they stay there. Almost!

Back
Top Bottom