Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rude awakening for Notts as well

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benzema earns between £100 million and £200 million a year depending on which reports you believe.
But he still can’t score a penalty:tearsofjoy:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benzema earns between £100 million and £200 million a year depending on which reports you believe.
But he still can’t score a penalty:tearsofjoy:
They could pay me £100 million a year and I probably couldn't score a penalty either.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like the Watford manager has guaranteed himself at least another week in charge.
There were a lot of fans questioning his team selection before the game .

Now ofcourse being the fickle nature of fans he’s getting lots of praise .

Till we have our annual going out of the league cup early game on Tuesday !

We played very well but QPR didn’t even seem to be trying to close us down or tacked in the first half .

I’d be worried for them - they lost 5/0 last week too.

And speaking of time wasting their keeper certainly wasn’t in any hurry to get on with it at 4-0.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WTF is ITV doing in their EFL highlights programme? In the first half of a 90 mins EFL highlights programme, I think they managed to cover only 3 games because they interviewed every man and his dog at Plymouth, where the programme was based. I read that they changed the format to better match fans wishes, but unless your team is involved at the game they have based the host at, I think you’re going to be frustrated!

Moved from another thread where I’d posted it in error when my phone was playing up last night.

Golden Wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Never mind confusion between Matheuses and Gomeses; I found out today that there's another John (Jack) Ruddy, currently playing for Dulwich Hamlet (my local team — squeaked a win today after relegation to the 7th tier) and that he played for us between 2016 and 2019 — well, didn't actually play any games, unless he sneaked onto the pitch pretending to be the other Ruddy. Big John Ruddy's son is also called Jack and has a scholarship at Norwich City. Maybe all male Ruddys are required by law to be called John?!
You mean the Jack Ruddy who was at Wolves when John Ruddy was?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
WTF is ITV doing in their EFL highlights programme? In the first half of a 90 mins EFL highlights programme, I think they managed to cover only 3 games because they interviewed every man and his dog at Plymouth, where the programme was based. I read that they changed the format to better match fans wishes, but unless your team is involved at the game they have based the host at, I think you’re going to be frustrated!

Moved from another thread where I’d posted it in error when my phone was playing up last night.
Just watched it on catch up. Very frustrating. Kept fast forwarding it thinking they must be finished at Plymouth now. But no, another interview!

Tell you want though, Albion were robbed at Blackburn. Three nailed on penalties denied by the referee. No wonder their manager was sent off. Beautiful to watch.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Yep, got home early last night so put it on at 9, by 10 o’clock I’d only seen about three matches of highlights. And you couldn’t hear half of the interviews anyway because of the wind. Surely by now these TV shows have worked out that the more football the better?

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My phone sometimes has that error

giphy.gif

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean the Jack Ruddy who was at Wolves when John Ruddy was?

Ironically he is also called John, I've never understood why people named John are often called Jack?

He's had quite a few clubs since leaving us, he's played in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Spain as well as England

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Ironically he is also called John, I've never understood why people named John are often called Jack?

He's had quite a few clubs since leaving us, he's played in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Spain as well as England
My grandads name was John but always called jack

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was in a couple of Stokie pubs last night and the supporters I spoke to were raving about Hoever (he scored again yesterday in their 4-1 win). Chiquinho didn't feature in the starting line up or was on the bench so maybe carrying a knock or still working on his match fitness.
Interesting that another one of their Portuguese players (Videgal) was also on the score sheet with a brace.

Maybe the Potters are following the successful Wolves blueprint.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barnsley entirely sticking their impressive Town Hall up the orifice of Port Vale.

I watched this one. Weirdly the first two Barnsley goals were against the run of play. Vale looked a decent side.

Second half was very different and Barnsley went up a gear or two. Everything they hit in the second half went in, albeit with the assistance of some shocking defending from Vale.

All in all it brought back haunting memories of us getting tonked 5 nil at home to Barnsley in the early 90s.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

My uncle Jack was actually a John, it's because he was the first born son and named after my grandad John to differentiate, think it happened a lot back in the day.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched this one. Weirdly the first two Barnsley goals were against the run of play. Vale looked a decent side.

Second half was very different and Barnsley went up a gear or two. Everything they hit in the second half went in, albeit with the assistance of some shocking defending from Vale.

All in all it brought back haunting memories of us getting tonked 5 nil at home to Barnsley in the early 90s.
Or the Southampton 0-6. :oops:

surreywolf

Reaction score
Was in a couple of Stokie pubs last night and the supporters I spoke to were raving about Hoever (he scored again yesterday in their 4-1 win). Chiquinho didn't feature in the starting line up or was on the bench so maybe carrying a knock or still working on his match fitness.
Interesting that another one of their Portuguese players (Videgal) was also on the score sheet with a brace.

Maybe the Potters are following the successful Wolves blueprint.

Thought chiquinho came on with 15mins to go - no chance to do much but give him time

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Anyone watching Leicester v Coventry.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep hearing that Maresca (and Arteta) have Pep's DNA IN them, i find this worrying, what is going on at Man City?!?
Maybe they eat his skin and drink his blood, who knows

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I am and it’s average so far. Though with it being a local Derby both sides won’t want to lose this one.
I've lived in Coventry (actually on Highfield Road), Burbage (in between Leicester and Coventry) and Leicester. My impression is that Coventry see Villa as their first rivals and Leicester a very close second. Villa and Leicester don't seem to feel the same.

The East Midlands is weird because of the uneven rivalries. With Leicester seeing Forest and Derby as their main rivals and Forest and Derby seeing each other their main rivals with Leicester a distant second! I imagine the M69 rivalry will increase in importance this season though.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've lived in Coventry (actually on Highfield Road), Burbage (in between Leicester and Coventry) and Leicester. My impression is that Coventry see Villa as their first rivals and Leicester a very close second. Villa and Leicester don't seem to feel the same.

The East Midlands is weird because of the uneven rivalries. With Leicester seeing Forest and Derby as their main rivals and Forest and Derby seeing each other their main rivals with Leicester a distant second! I imagine the M69 rivalry will increase in importance this season though.

Living in Hinckley, I agree with you. For example Leicester fans living in Loughborough see Derby County as their local rivals. I know plenty of Leicesterfans in and around Hinckley and Coventry are their rivals.

Strange game this, Leicester having all the possession, but haven’t threatened the Coventry goal too often. Coventry happy to sit back and wait for a break.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Turned over for the end of the Sweden v USA penalty shootout in the women's World Cup. Quite a finish!

Back
Top Bottom